YEP: Action Sequence Packs not Working after BattleEngineCore Update

LappenLike

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello there,

to use some other new Scripts I need to update Yanfly's BattleEngineCore.
However, as soon as I do just that, all the Action Sequence Scripts stop working (I did a lot with those Action Sequences so they probably get called all the time).
The Error appears whenever a battle is starting. (Error attached)

I tried using the newest versions of all of these Scripts, but the Error persists.
Is there anything I probably could've overlooked or does it just not work?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• erroryep.PNG
    erroryep.PNG
    535.7 KB · Views: 11

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you post a screenshot of the full error message in the Console (press F8 during playtest) as well as a screenshot of your Plugin Manager?

LappenLike

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
There seems to be a lot, but this happens just after changing the BattleCoreEngine, nothing else.

Attachments

• errors1.PNG
    errors1.PNG
    226.5 KB · Views: 8
  • plugg.PNG
    plugg.PNG
    323.2 KB · Views: 6

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your yanfly plugins are in the wrong order - anything can happen if you don't correct that order.
All of yanfly's plugins (especially if a lot of them are used) have to be in exactly the order given on his website.

so first reorder them, then start a new game to see if that alone solves your problem (do not load a saved file, those will be incompatible).

If that alone is not enough, a project update might be required as well.

And third, some of your errors sound as if you have incomplete plugins or incomplete script commands - have you always downloaded plugin files as is or did you sometime create them by copy&paste into a text editor?

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To assist with Andar's suggestion #1 reordering your YEP plugins, you can follow the link in my signature to a tool I created called "YEP Plugin Order Checker". It will read your YEP plugins and tell you the correct order.

LappenLike

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your responses!
So eventhough I didn't use the exact order, I already ordered them so they should be working. However, I just used Aloe's Tool to rearrange everything so it's definitely in the right order now. Sadly it didn't solve the problem.

I'm also pretty sure I downloaded all the Files as they are. All of them are working fine if I just switch back to the old BattleEngineCore, the problem only appears when using the actual version.

If a project update is required I just gotta accept this as impossible, it's a pretty old project and there are many thing's I can't get to work on the new Version, already tried that.

Still thanks for the help so far.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What version are your core files? If you open up rpg_core.js, what version does it display at the top?

Plus, you have a bunch of other errors in the console that are probably giving you trouble too.

LappenLike

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
To be honest I can't find any version-info at the top at all?
If it helps, the file is dated 2015//10/20.

Attachments

• rogcore.PNG
    rogcore.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 4

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then your project core is 1.0 and you need to update your project as well.
Most yanfly plugins in todays versions require a minimum of 1.3.0, some even require 1.6.1 to be able to function correctly.

So you can either go back to the old versions (and the core of pre-1.4 had a lot of memory leaks, not a good idea to keep it) or update your project core and hope that all plugins you use have updates as well.

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numagnz