YEP Action Sequences: Premades/Requests Current Sequence: Maim

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Johnboy, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Which type of sequence next?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2018.
  1. Actor Sequence

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Enemy Sequence

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Two Stage Actor Sequence

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Two Stage Enemy Sequence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @bohutang I will get there. I have a lot of things going on in the summer so I am not quite as active at the moment. If I have some time this weekend I plan on working on some more sequences

2. worshipme

worshipme Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TrailBlazer2016
    I think it really isn't a summon, just another action sequence all along so maybe it's going to be a lot easier to setup if you have a lion, or some other animal, animation.

3. TrailBlazer2016

TrailBlazer2016 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    You're absolutely right. That is an Action Sequence. Just trying to pin down how to go about scripting that in the note tags is what's stumping me. I've got an image and the attack animations I want to use, though.

4. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @TrailBlazer2016 That's not too bad to implement. You would zoom on the center of the screen, set actors focus to 0% opacity, call your summon image, move said image and then process your attack animation and the damage. I have not had time to play with the image call in battle yet, otherwise I could probably code the entire thing in a few minutes. Might be easiest to do with a common event for each summon you want to implement. I'm sorry I can't provide you with a full action sequence yet.

@bohutang I'm in the process of coding your skill. I've called it "Desperation Attack". The plan is to have it do several attack animations with damage being processed for each skill available, and then after the attack it sets all of the available skills other than "Attack" on a cooldown. Is this similar to what you were looking for?

To all who follow this thread. My apologies for not posting more on here the last week or so. Summer is a very busy time as I'm coaching soccer a few nights a week, am involved in several community groups and also trying to do some renovations on my home. I love providing action sequences for all to use and will continue to do so, but the wait for requests might be a little longer at this point.

Again, sorry for the wait. I hope that you enjoy the sequences so far and I promise to post more soon.

5. TrailBlazer2016

First Language:
    English
    @Johnboy You said it yourself. Summer's a busy time for you. Do what you need to, man. Also, thanks for the tips and help.

6. bohutang

bohutang Villager Member

First Language:
    china
    You have worked hard! Teacher! There are no people devoting it. We extend thelofty compliments to you!

7. TrailBlazer2016

First Language:
    English
    Looks like Driftwood Gaming was receiving the same questions, as he posted a video about it earlier today. Check it out!

8. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    For @clitvin

Burrow:

This requested skill would have an enemy burrow into the ground on it's turn, and then reappear after a set number of turns (in this case two turns). While underground, the enemy can't be targetted or act. This is a modified version of Inhale/Exhale action sequence posted some time ago, but it's always good to see how different effects can be achieved with similar code. We will need two skills and a state to achieve this.

The following plugins are REQUIRED:
    YEP Battle Engine
    YEP Action Sequence 1,2,3
    YEP Target Core
    YEPX Selection Control
    YEP Buffs and States Core

Create a skill as shown below:
    20170709120043_1.jpg

We do not need any damage or animation set here, as we will call the animation in the action sequence. You can use whatever animation for this skill you wish, however for this one I have selected to use two animations to play at the same time.

Place the following in the notebox:
    <setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    immortal: targets, true
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    </whole action>

<target action>
    animation 89: user
    wait: 5
    animation 35: user
    opacity user: 0, 30
    add state 17: user
    wait for animation
    </target action>

<finish action>
    face user: forward
    clear battle log
    immortal: targets, false
    </finish action>

Note that you will have to change your animation ID to suit your game,and we have not created the state yet, so you will have to come add in the state ID later.

Next up is our Top-side skill, which will return the enemy to the battlefield.
    20170709121415_1.jpg

Again, we will not be applying any damage in this specific sequence, and for the return I've chosen to use the same animations as the burrow skill.

Place this in the notebox:
    <setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    </whole action>

<target action>
    animation 89: user
    wait: 5
    animation 35: user
    opacity user: 100%, 30
    wait for animation
    </target action>

<finish action>
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

This action sequence is similar in code with 2 differences: We change the opacity back to 100% and we don't apply the state. Other than that the code is identical.

Lastly is the state which will both make the user of burrow un-targettable and force the Top-side skill upon the state expiring.
    20170709122432_1.jpg

The state should be set up similar to this. Set the duration to whatever suits your game.

// Selection Control
    <Cannot Select: All>

// Buffs & States Core
    <Custom Leave Effect>
    // Get the Top-side skill.
    var skill = 34;
    // Get the last targeted index.
    var target = -2;
    // Queue the forced action.
    BattleManager.queueForceAction(user, skill, target);
    </Custom Leave Effect>

Place your Top-side skill ID in the var skill line. At this point you will need to go back and place this state ID in the first skill we created.

Until next time...

9. AFletch88

AFletch88 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Think you could do some punching animations?

10. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @AFletch88 i can add it to my list. What specifically are you looking for? Multiple punches in one action sequence or something more targeted, like hitting a specific point?

11. AFletch88

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Id love a super fast like 6 hit punch are you familiar with a Wow Monks fists of furry? Like that they stand still and just keep punching hitting all in their path

12. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @AFletch88 I could probably whip up something. Might be a few weeks though since I'm still plugging through some other requests.

13. AFletch88

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome! No rush, thank you for taking the request.

14. clitvin

clitvin Veteran Veteran

Burrow looking good !

15. deathsia

deathsia Pegisister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are great sequences and awesome bases to work from for my own custom action sequences which is awesome! So, here's my request: An attack that causes 2 scene transitions(as in BG changes) one for when the actor strikes the foe off screen and the second for when they strike them back to the original battlefield.

16. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I'm back to writing some more action sequences for you guys. Sorry it's been some time. I needed some holidays as well as I needed to work on my own games (I have one in beta stage, another in active development and I've got storyboard laid out for at least 2 more). But Ithink it's been long enough now that I haven't posted anything. Thank you all for being so patient in waiting for your requests.

@bohutang Here's your Desperation Attack sequence:

Desperation Attack:

For this skill, we are going to have the user perform several attack sequences in a row and then place all available skills on a 3 turn cooldown. As a note, I will provide TWO variations in case someone might want the Desperation Attack locked until the user reaches a specific HP threshold.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Skill Core
    YEPX Skill Cooldowns
    YEP Element Core
    YEP Damage Core

The following are highly recommended:
    YEP Buffs and States Core
    YEPX Critical Control
    YEP Target Core

Variation 1: Useable at any time:

You will need to create a skill which we will place several of our pre-created action sequences in. I recommend copy and pasting a skill to start with, as this will save you time. I have chosen Burning Frost as my base.
    20170807102933_1.jpg

I chose to have Burning Frost, Gigaslash and then have Braver performed as a finisher to every enemy. If you wish to place in your own action sequences and are having issues, please PM me with your sequence code and describe the issue and I will do my best to assist.

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    motion chant: user
    wait for animation
    add element: fire
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    animation 66: targets
    wait for animation
    action effect: target
    wait for effect
    clear element
    add element: ice
    animation 71: targets
    wait for animation
    action effect: targets
    wait for effect
    clear element
    face user: backward
    motion attack: user
    wait: 15
    wait: 30
    animation 6: targets
    wait: 15
    animation 77: targets
    wait for animation
    wait for effect
    </whole action>

<target action>
    damage rate: 300%
    move user: target, front base, 30
    camera focus: target, center
    wait for movement
    zoom: 150%
    wait for zoom
    jump user: 350%, 60
    wait: 40
    motion attack: user
    wait for jump
    flash screen: white, 45
    action animation: target
    action effect
    wait for effect
    </target action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>
    <Global Cooldown: 3>

This will perform the first two skills on the entire group at once, then Braver will be executed on each individual enemy, with the damage processed as Braver is performed.

Variation 2: Useable under 25% HP remaining:

Setup is identical except for one extra argument which will be placed at the TOP of the notebox, before the action sequence is placed in.

<Custom Show Eval>
    if (user.hp < 0.25) {
    visible = true;
    } else {
    visible = false;
    }
    </Custom Show Eval>

This is not limited to exactly 25% Hp or less remaining. Simply replace 0.25 with your desired HP% amount, If you wanted say 1/8 or less you would place 0.125, if you wanted greater than 25% you would put "> 0.25".

Also, because I have some time and I think it's a cool effect, I will leave you with another action sequence.

Final Fantasy VI: Merton

Merton is a spell in Final Fantasy VI which does magical piercing Fire damage to all alive members on the battlefield. This effect doesn't sound very nice until you know how to equip yourself to maximize it's effectiveness. Since it's Fire, you can stack Fire absorption gear to refill HP on casts, and since it's also piercing, it will bypass native and magical reflect, thus allowing for damage on practically any foe.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Skill Core
    YEP Target Core

Below is my skill setup:
    20170807110701_1.jpg

Place the following in the notebox:
    <Target: Everybody>

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    motion chant: user
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    animation 68: targets
    wait for animation
    </whole action>

<target action>
    wait for effect
    clear element
    </target action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

This will use animation 68 on the screen and then process the damage on everyone currently alive.

Next up I will try to do a couple more requests in one post. Until next time...

17. deathsia

deathsia Pegisister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice action sequences but I personally hated the Matron spell, not enough fire absorption gear in the game with decent stats to make it a viable option in FF III/VI. I can still make use of these though. Can you work on my request by chance?

18. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @deathsia I've got to play around with YEP Battle Background plugin a bit since I haven't tested it in my demo project yet, but I only have a few requests so I will check it out this week and see if I can come up with something soon.

19. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Holy cats it's already September. Where does the time go?

I thought I was back to having time after my last post but how life loves to throw us some twists. Hopefully this time I can get back to my two sequences per week target.

@AFletch88 I have been working on your punching sequence and I hope to have it pulled together soon. This one really made me think about how I wanted it to be presented, so I hope it turns out well.

@deathsia I finally had a chance to play around with Yanfly's battle background plugin and I must say, I really think you're going to like the sequence I'm piecing together.

Also finally, I have something I whipped up for another forum user in another thread, but it's cool and I can share this with you guys since it's already done.

Exploder/Self Destruct: Final Fantasy Series

Exploder/Self Destruct in Final Fantasy games deals damage to the entire party based upon the remaining HP of the enemy, split between members. We're going to modify it just ever so slightly by having it deal 1/2 of the remaining HP to each party member.

Make your skill however you want, but in the damage formula box, make the formula like this:
    a.hp/2

Then toss this in the notetag:
    <setup action>
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    action animation: targets
    wait for animation
    </whole action>

<target action>
    action effect
    wait for effect
    add state 1: user
    </target action>

<follow action>
    clear battle log
    </follow action>

<finish action>
    collapse: user, force
    perform finish
    immortal: target, false
    wait: 20
    </finish action>

Now when the enemy activates the skill, it will deal 1/2 the remaining HP to all alive actors.

If you wanted to take this even further, you could lock out the skill until the enemy reaches a certain HP threshold by using the conditions tab in the enemy action patterns. You could even make a boss that's a pure DPS race by having him use Self Destruct on turn 10 and you need to deal enough damage to be able to survive the attack. The only limit is your imagination (isn't it always?).

Hopefully I can have a request done on the weekend. Until next time...

20. worshipme

worshipme Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi sir @Johnboy
    Can you make an action sequence based on yanfly's selection control plugin: <single or multiple select> ?
    The SLICE skill will hit 1 target if "single" is selected and will hit all the targets at once if "multiple" is selected.
    Thank you very much in advance!