YEP Action Sequences: Premades/Requests Current Sequence: Modified Stellar Explosion

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Johnboy, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Which type of sequence next?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2018.
  1. Actor Sequence

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Enemy Sequence

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Two Stage Actor Sequence

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Two Stage Enemy Sequence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello all! I'm starting this thread as a compliment to the current Action Sequence Thread, which can be found here
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ction-sequence-sharing-and-discussions.46691/

This thread will be different in that I will provide completely premade action sequences, with detailed instructions on how to achieve the desired effects. In addition, I will also take requests for premade sequences that users may find difficult or far too daunting to attempt on their own.

With that said, let's try to keep all Action sequence discussions in the other thread, and use this one ONLY for premade requests. As long as we keep it this way I see no reason why both threads can't coexist.

I will try to do a poll every week if this thread is somewhat popular, so that the community can decide if they would like to see enemy action sequences or actor action sequences.

Complete Sequences:
    Quadra Slice (FF6)
    Remise
    Dual Element Spells
    Twin Lance (FF5)
    Braver (FF7)
    Limit Break (FF6)
    Sandworm Inhale & Exhale (FF series)
    Odin Summon (FFXI)
    Blood Sword (FF2)
    Cleave (D&D)
    Mana Well
    Banish
    Tonberry Movement (DELAYED)
    Paralyze
    Lightning II (Chrono Trigger)
    Secondary Blizzard
    Egg lay & Hatch
    Gigaslash (DQ VIII)
    Icebrand (FF6)
    Burrow
    Desperation Attack
    Merton (FF6)
    Exploder/Self Destruct
    Stellar Explosion
    Remise: Redux
    Fists of Fury
    Dramatic Entrance (God Kefka, FF6)
    Spinning Slash (FFXI)
    Custom Boss Collapse Effect
    Slice and Dice (FFX)
    Scan/Libra (Final Fantasy Series)
    Stellar Explosion (Modified)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Final Fantasy VI: Cyan's Quadra Slice

This action sequence is fairly straight forward. The user moves toward the target group, then proceeds to slash four random enemies.

The following plugins are REQUIRED:
    YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Action Sequence 1, 2, 3
    YEP Target Core

Create a skill that does Physical Damage. For the purposes of this sequence, we will use a simple physical slash animation. Select animation 0006 in the animation tab.

The following goes in the notebox:
    <Target: 4 Random Foes>

<setup action>
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    motion skill: user
    immortal: targets, true
    wait: 20
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    move user: targets, front, 20
    </whole action>

<target action>
    action animation: target
    move user: target, base, 10
    motion attack: user
    wait for movement
    action effect
    jump user: 100, 20
    move user: target, front, 20
    face user: forward
    wait for movement
    </target action>

<follow action>
    jump user: 300%, 60
    move user: return, 60
    wait for movement
    </follow action>

<finish action>
    clear battle log
    face user: home
    perform finish
    immortal: target, false
    </finish action>

This is the base sequence, which could be easily modified to include any number of changes. For instance, you could change the target scope to 8 random foes and it would hit 8 times. By installing YEP Damage Core, you could increase the amount of damage done after each hit.

Hopefully this sequence will provide you with more visuals in your game. Until my next update....

Popelus, SoSick. and Amarok like this.
  3. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Happy Easter everyone!

I have some spare time this morning and thought I would share another action sequence. This comes from my rather large game I am working on.

EDIT: THIS SEQUENCE IS REMADE TO CHANGE THE POINT ARGUMENT ON PAGE 5, SINCE IT NO LONGER WORKS.

Fencer: Remise

In this sequence we have the actor jump towards a group of enemies, then charges through to group to the rear, charges to the front of the group , then jumps to the bottom and disappears as he does an upward slash, reappearing to jump back to his home point. Each charge does damage for a total of 3 hits on all enemies. The final charge has damage boosted by 50%.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Action Sequence 1,2,3
    YEP Damage Core

Create a skill that does physical damage. Since fencers use rapiers we will use a slash animation. Select animation 0006 in the animation tab. Don't forget to place your damage formula as well.

The following goes in the notebox: (NOTE: my game is based on 1280X720 resolution, if you are using a different resolution you will have to modify the point coordinates accordingly)
    <setup action>
    perform start
    IMMORTAL: target, true
    WAIT: 50
    DISPLAY ACTION
    CAST ANIMATION
    WAIT FOR ANIMATION
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    jump user: 200%, 35
    move user: point, 550, 550, 35
    wait for movement
    move user: point, 150, 200, 35
    flash screen: white, 35
    action animation
    action effect
    face user: backward
    move user: point, 150, 550, 35
    move user: point, 550, 200, 35
    flash screen: white, 35
    action animation: target, mirror
    action effect
    move user: point, 350, 550, 35
    wait for movement
    opacity user: 0%
    move user: point, 350, 200, 35
    flash screen: white
    damage rate: 150%
    wait: 30
    opacity user: 100%
    </whole action>

<target action>
    action effect
    </target action>

<follow action>
    move user: point, 750, 450, 35
    wait: 30
    clear battle log
    wait: 25
    </follow action>

<finish action>
    face user: home
    perform finish
    immortal: target, false
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

This action can be easily modified to affect only 1 target as well. Instead of using point references, you would use the built in points on YEP Action Sequence and place the entirety of the <whole action> area under <target action>.

move user: target, base, 20
    move user: target, back center, 20
    move user: target, head, 20

Points such as posted above. You could also modify the damage rate mid sequence so that each hit does differing amounts of damage, by using YEP Target Core you could set the sequence to affect any number of random foes, endless possibilities.

This is not a very flashy or complex looking sequence, but it does add some visual flair rather than just strike the enemy 3 times. Learning how to properly use the point command was also very helpful.

You will notice that I placed one of the "action effect" commands in the <target action> area. This is because if you put the final "action effect" in the <whole action> area, it will actually process 4 hits. I am unsure why it does this, but this simple work around works well and I find it keeps me in the habit of using all the headers.

Have a safe Easter Sunday and until next update...

EDIT: forgot I switched the sequence so he only disappears at the final upward slash so I've adjusted the wording accordingly

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    SoSick. likes this.
  4. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think this is brilliant idea..I for one am shocking at making good skill's.. I can draw and map good xD I will defo be using most of the skills you make on here.. Thank you

5. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @SoSick. You're very welcome. I can't draw and my audio work is decent but not even close to some of those I've seen on here so this was the best way I could think of to give back after getting so much help and resources from here. I'm glad you find my sequences useful.

SoSick. likes this.
  6. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Dual Element Spell

For this action sequence, we will have the user cast a spell which does two different elements in one single cast which hits all enemies. This is different from a dual casting scenario, which would allow you to cast two of any spell. I fully recommend that you do not use this as an actor spell, as this would be extremely hard to balance properly. This would be best used for bosses which could use two elements and they generally do not follow the same rules as actors. However, the sequence provided is set up for actors in the event you are using YEP Animated SV Enemies or want to try to balance it for actors.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Element Core

Create a skill which does magic damage. Don't forget to create a formula. Set the hit type to "Magic Attack". Leave the animation set to "None". Set scope to "All Enemies". Occasion should be set to "Battle Screen". Element should be set to "None".

The following goes in the notebox. Note that for the purposes of this sequence, this spell does fire and then ice damage.
    <setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    motion chant: user
    wait for animation
    add element: fire
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    animation 66: targets
    wait for animation
    action effect: target
    wait for effect
    clear element
    add element: ice
    animation 71: targets
    wait for animation
    </whole action>

<target action>
    action effect: targets
    wait for effect
    clear element
    </target action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    immortal: targets, false
    </finish action>

This can serve to provide extra difficulty to bosses. Perhaps a character resists an element and this could also provide a way for a boss to still deal damage without taking away resistances from the player. The elements can be swapped for whatever elements you would like to put in place. You must use the "clear element" line after the damage is processed, otherwise, you will end up with multiple elements by the end of the action sequence.

But this does not necessarily mean you have to use this for only magic attacks. You could also use this to create a sequence where an actor slashes an enemy with a sword with dual elements, and each hit is processed as an individual element.

As this sequence is so highly customisable, I will take some requests through PM if you are looking for something specific with this such as triple/quadruple elements, physical/magical hybrid attacks. Please note in your request that you are looking for a customized version of Dual Element Spells along with a general outline of what you are looking for.

Next up is a fun sequence which comes from Final Fantasy V. My goal is to have this ready for Saturday. Until next time...

SoSick. likes this.
  7. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Final Fantasy V: Twin Lance

The Twin Lance is a weapon in Final Fantasy V which appears to have low attack power when you equip it. But when you use it in battle, the weapon actually deals damage twice on the same attack round, thereby resulting in an actual increase in damage. In this action sequence we will make a weapon somewhat similar to the Twin Lance.

Note that this particular sequence requires a few more steps than previous ones, as we need to make both a weapon and a skill.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Weapon Unleash

The following plugin is RECOMMENDED:
    YEP Damage Core

I recommend Damage core for the simple fact that it's far easier to simply change the damage rate during the action sequence than test formulae to find the optimal damage. I do not recommend that you allow two full power attacks as your players would then only use this weapon instead of ones that offer other benefits.

Create a skill that deals physical damage. Don't forget your formula. Set the hit type to "Physical Attack". Leave the animation set to "None". Scope is "1 Enemy". Occasion is "Battle Screen". Call the skill Twin Lance.

The following goes into the notebox.
    <Attack Text: Attack>

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    </whole action>

<target action>
    wait for animation
    wait for effect
    wait for animation
    wait for effect
    </target action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

You'll note that I've placed "<Attack Text: Attack>" in this sequence. This is so that the Attack command is not replaced with the skill name.

We're not quite done yet. Now we need to create the actual Twin Lance weapon.

Create a weapon to use with your action sequence. For the purposes of this sequence I've called mine Twin Lance. Set your weapon type (mine is spear) The rest can be left as is.
    Place this in the notebox:

<Replace Attack: Twin Lance>

Now, when the weapon is equipped, it will replace that actors Attack command with the Twin Lance skill. But since we've added the attack text line in the Twin Lance skill, it will still show as Attack when you go to input the actors command.

The YEP Weapon Unleash plugin has an amazing amount of uses. You can create so many effects from other games as well as some very unique things. I will try to show you some more uses for this amazing plugin in some later sequences.

Since I've been asked about some skills from Final Fantasy VII, we'll do Cloud's Limit Break attack "Braver" in the next sequence, complete with zoom effect. Until next time...

SoSick. likes this.
  8. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    bravo , this is so sick.. Braver next? That's sexy. XD haha.

9. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm a day early but oh well.

Final Fantasy VII: Braver (Cloud's Limit Break)

Braver is the first Limit Break Cloud has available in FF7. In this action sequence, the actor runs up to the enemy, the camera zooms in, then the actor jumps up and does a weapon slash. When the actor lands, the screen flashes and the damage is processed, then the zoom is reset and the actor returns to it's home spot. Damage is triple that of a normal attack.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Damage Core

Create a skill that does physical damage. Hit type is "Certain Hit", as you do not want it blocked. Scope is "1 Enemy". Damage formula should be your normal attack formula. Set "Critical Hits" to "No". For this sequence, I have selected animation 0001 as the attack animation.

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    </whole action>

<target action>
    damage rate: 300%
    move user: target, front base, 30
    camera focus: target, center
    wait for movement
    zoom: 150%
    wait for zoom
    jump user: 350%, 60
    wait: 40
    wait for jump
    flash screen: white, 45
    action effect
    wait for effect
    </target action>

<follow action>
    reset zoom
    move user: home, 45
    </follow action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

First off, you will notice i have the "damage rate" set at 300%. This is so it is guaranteed to do triple the normal damage. You will also notice I have a "wait: 40" argument immediately after "jump user: 350%, 60". This is to guarantee that the actor will not swing his weapon until he is on the downward motion of the jump, so it appears that the swing is as the actor is just above the enemy.

This was a fun little sequence to piece together. Making use of the zoom effect can help to draw players in to the battle a bit more.

Next up I think I will do something from Final Fantasy VI. Until next time...

SoSick. likes this.
  10. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a big one which requires some setup, but here we go.

Final Fantasy VI: Limit Break

If you ever played FFVI, you may have come across a random attack by a character when they are low on HP. This attack would differ depending on the character, but the activation was the same: the character must be in critical HP and use the attack command. It was also referred to as "Desperation Attack". For this sequence, I've used the previous action sequence as the Limit Break.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Damage Core
    YEP Weapon Unleash
    YEP Buffs and States Core
    YEP Auto Passive States

For this particular ability, you will be required to make your Limit Break skill. I've used "Braver" with a slight modification, shown here:

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    </whole action>

<target action>
    damage rate: 300%
    move user: target, front base, 30
    camera focus: target, center
    wait for movement
    zoom: 150%
    wait for zoom
    jump user: 350%, 60
    wait: 40
    wait for jump
    flash screen: white, 45
    action effect
    wait for effect
    </target action>

<follow action>
    reset zoom
    </follow action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

By using the <Attack Text:> argument you can hide the fact that the attack has been replaced by a skill.

You are also required to create a state. Call the state "Limit Break" and leave the rest as is. Place the following in the notebox:

<Passive Condition: HP Below 10%>

<Custom Weapon Unleash: 14>
    rate = 0.0625;
    </Custom Weapon Unleash: 14>

This sets the state to only be active when the user has less than 10% HP. The number in "Custom Weapon Unleash" should be the ID of your Limit Break skill. "Rate" is the activation rate you wish the skill to have, in this case I have set it to the same as in FFVI, 1/16 or 6.25%.

We still aren't done. The skill and state are finished, but now we need to have that state applied automatically when the character reaches 10% or lower.

Under the actor in the database, place this in the notebox:

<Passive State: 11>

Note that the number needs to be your Limit break state ID.

Now, when the character reaches 10%, the state becomes active and from there, a 6.25% chance that the regular attack is replaced by the limit break attack (Braver, in this case).

Note that you can change the passive condition to any HP %, the activation rate higher or lower by changing those numbers.

While not the most effective means of damage for your players, this does add neat little easter eggs for players to find. You could even have a switch set to ON when the limit break goes off to add it as an achievement in your game if you so choose.

Until next time...

falken14 likes this.
  11. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    these are brilliant bro ! Well done! going to test these baby's out today..i plan on editing my battlers sheet so when uses the skill braver he also does the correct motion ( like cloud does ) I think ill have to add something like swing: dagger lol as for the limit break skill that's pretty neat, would be cool if we could choose which limit break skill to choose from too :p

12. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Final Fantasy Series: Sandworm

The Sandworm is a recurring enemy in the Final Fantasy Series. In some games it swallows actors and transports them to different areas, in others it swallows and spits the actor out dealing damage. In this sequence we will have an actor be swallowed, then on the next turn, the actor is spit out, dealing damage to another actor and then when the actor that was swallowed lands, they receive damage too. This sequence will require some setup, as we need two skills and a state.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Action Sequences 1,2,3
    YEP Target Core
    YEPX Selection Control

First we will create the Inhale skill. Name it Inhale. Set the scope to "1 Enemy". Set the type to "Certain Attack". Choose an animation that will show the actor as targeted by the skill (I chose animation 0054). The rest can be left as is.

Place the following in the notebox:
    // Action Sequences
    // Setup: Inhale animation.
    <Setup Action>
    display action
    se: Wind1, 80, 150
    move target: user, front base, 240
    motion guard: target
    FACE target: AWAY FROM user
    wait for movement
    motion dead: target
    move target: user, head, 60
    opacity target: 0%
    wait for movement
    </Setup Action>

// Whole: Ensure nothing happens.
    <Whole Action>
    </Whole Action>

// Target: Flag the target.
    <Target Action>
    action effect
    </Target Action>

// Follow: Apply Swallowed state to target.
    <Follow Action>
    add state 10: target
    </Follow Action>

// Finish: While swallowed.
    <Finish Action>
    clear battle log
    </Finish Action>

Remember to set the state ID to your "Swallowed" state, which we will create next (mine is 10).

Now let's create the state. Call the state "Swallowed". Set the restriction to "Cannot Move". Under removal conditions, check "Remove at Battle End". Auto removal timing is "Turn End". Duration is 1 turn.

Place this in the state notebox:
    // Selection Control
    <Cannot Select: All>

// Buffs & States Core
    <Custom Leave Effect>
    // Get the exhale skill.
    var skill = 4;
    // Get the last targeted index.
    var target = -2;
    // Queue the forced action.
    BattleManager.queueForceAction(user, skill, target);
    </Custom Leave Effect>

In the var skill line, the number must be equal to your Exhale skill, which we will create now (mine is 4).

Create a skill. Call it "Exhale". Scope should be "The User". Attack type is "Certain Hit". Select an animation (I used 0001). Create a damage formula. It should do HP damage and be a normal attack. Critical hit and variance are up to your preference (I have critical enabled and the variance at 20%).

<Target: 1 Random Allies>
    // Action Sequence
    // Setup: Setup target.
    <Setup Action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    </Setup Action>

// Whole: Make sure nothing happens.
    <Whole Action>
    </Whole Action>

// Target: Spit the target Out.
    <Target Action>
    opacity user: 100%, 1
    float target: 0, 20
    wait: 10
    jump user: 200%, 30
    move user: target, base, 30
    wait for movement
    animation 2: target
    wait for effect
    shake screen: 5, 5, 5
    jump user: 200%, 30
    move user: return, 30
    wait for movement
    action effect: user
    </Target Action>

// Follow: Reset everything.
    <Follow Action>
    reset camera
    reset zoom
    </Follow Action>

You will notice that I have the sequence for exhale used by the actor. This is so that if you have an actor swallowed, the sandworm can still act on its turn. Please note that the way this is set up, there is a chance that you can have multiple actors swallowed at the same time. You might consider adding a switch to lock the inhale skill out once you have an actor swallowed.

I find this one interesting because it uses so many plugins and the second skill can only ever be executed if the first skill has been used. You could use these plugins to create a charge state, where the actor has to spend a turn or two to "charge up" and then unleash an attack that has double or triple attack power, the sequence would be somewhat similar to this one.

I'll be taking a short break from posting action sequences to complete some other projects I have on the go. I plan on posting a new action sequence in about a week. Until then....

13. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    If you're using Yanfly's cooldown plugin I think you could just add a cooldown for the skill.

This is actually really cool what you're doing.

If you're still taking requests I would like to request a simple action.
    It's the famous "Cleave" from D&D where it's a simple attack but if you kill the enemy you automatically moves and hits a second target.

14. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You're absolutely right, you could use Yanfly's skill cooldown to lock it out as well.

I could probably whip up that sequence, it shouldn't be too hard. I will work on it after the next action sequence is out since I've already an idea for the next one. Would you like it to hit a specific secondary target or just any target in general? The former would require more checks than the latter.

15. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    On D&D when you cleave you hit the closest enemy to the target you just killed.
    For general purposes I think it`s easier to just hit any random target after your first target is killed but if you want to do the nearest target it`s really up to you.

And thanks for your time.

16. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I managed to accomplish my goals so I thought I would share with you another sequence. Since the votes were for another actor sequence, I have chosen something from FFXI. This is a very complex sequence and requires a lot of setup to work properly. You will also need some outside tools (a photo editor capable of horizontal mirroring) as well as plugins from another author. Here we go.

Odin (Zantesuken): Final Fantasy XI

In Final Fantasy XI, Odin was a summon for summoners added into the game several years after the game launched. When summoned, it would use it's signature move, Zantesuken, which had a chance to instantly kill any enemies in the move's radius. However, if the monster was a "Boss", the move would instead do damage. Because simply resummoning Odin to endlessly cleave monsters would be a gamebreaking feature for an MMORPG, it was placed on a cooldown of two hours. Since we are building a single player RPG however, we can use this as another way for players to grind EXP without longer, drawn out battles. For this sequence we will have Odin summoned on the first turn, then have him select his attack on the next turn and desummon after his attack.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEP Action Sequences 1,2,3
    YEP Damage Core
    YEPX State Categories

We have need of another author's plugins. Plugins courtesy of SumRndmDde, who's site can be found here:
    SRD Summon Core
    SRD Replace Summons
    SRD Summon Battler Images

First, select an image to use as your Odin summon, I chose the Darklord enemy in SV_actors folder. Open your image editing program, then flip or mirror the image horizontally so it is facing the opposite direction (which should face it left, as we will be using it in place of actors). Save the image as Darklord.png (on your desktop so it's easy to find).
    From here, we need to create some new folders in your game folder, like this: \Action sequence demo\img\SumRndmDde\summon (the bold/italic part is your new folders). Copy the Darklord image on your desktop into the 'summon' folder. That is all we need for the photo editor.

Next, we will create our Zantesuken skill, as shown here: 20170505200319_1.jpg

<Damage Formula>
    // Check if the target is a boss
    if (b.isStateCategoryAffected('Boss')) {
    // Damage formula used if the target is a boss.
    value = b.hp * 0.10;
    } else {
    // Damage formula used if the target isn't a boss.
    value = b.mhp;
    }
    </Damage Formula>

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    opacity not focus: 0
    move user: targets, front center, 30
    wait for movement
    move user: targets, back center, 30
    opacity user: 0, 30
    animation 25: targets
    wait for movement
    wait for animation
    </whole action>

<target action>
    action effect: targets
    wait for effect
    </target action>

<follow action>
    opacity user: 255
    opacity not focus: 255
    wait for movement
    </follow action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

I chose animation 25 as it suits the purpose of this sequence.

Now we need to create a class for the summon. Name the class "Summon". Have the class learn the Zantesuken skill at level 1. In the notebox place this:
    <Replace Attack: 15>
    where the number is the ID of your Zantesuken skill.

To be able to summon Odin in the battle, we need to create an actor as it's placeholder. Create an actor with the name "Odin". Assign this actor the summon class we just created. Choose a level for your summon, as Odin's stats are affected by it as they would be a normal actor. In the notebox, place this:
    <Summon Battler Image: Darklord>
    where "Darklord" is the filename of the image we mirrored earlier.

Finally, we will create the actual summon spell. 20170505212621_1.jpg

In the notebox of this skill, place the following:
    <Summon>
    Actor ID: 5
    Turns: 2
    <End Summon>

<Summon Replace Party>

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    motion chant: user
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    animation 35: targets
    wait for animation
    </whole action>

<target action>
    action effect
    </target action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

That should cover everything you need for this action sequence. There is a ton of setup to be able to execute this properly, but the end result is well worth it. I will admit that using the prepackaged resources available for this sequence is not optimal. However, I wanted to show how much the engine is capable of with some creative thinking and some plugin stacking. Please note that if you are using YEP HP bars plugin, the summoned actor's HP bar may not disappear when the summon is removed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    falken14 likes this.
  17. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey all. Here with another action sequence for you. The last one was complex so I thought we would bring it back and do something a little easier today.

Blood Sword: Final Fantasy II

In Final Fantasy II, you were able to acquire a pair of swords through the game. These were the Blood Swords. When used in combat, they had low attack power but drained HP from whatever they hit. However, they also had an additional hidden effect. If used against bosses in a proficient sword wielder's hands, these weapons were extremely powerful. So powerful, in fact, that most bosses could be killed in five rounds or less. Even the final boss. In this sequence we are going to create the Blood Sword, and when it strikes have both the slash and the drain animation play at the same time, as well as have the sword do increased damage to boss monsters.

This sequence is very similar to the Twin Lance as before, but we have need of additional code as well as other plugins.

YEP Battle Engine Core
    YEPX State Categories
    YEP Weapon Unleash
    YEP Damage Core

Create a skill that deals physical damage. Don't forget your formula. Set the hit type to "Physical Attack". Choose animation 0006. Scope is "1 Enemy". Occasion is "Battle Screen". The damage type on this needs to be HP Drain. Call the skill Blood Sword.

<Damage Formula>
    // Check if the target is a boss
    if (b.isStateCategoryAffected('Boss')) {
    // Damage formula used if the target is a boss.
    value = a.atk * 5;
    } else {
    // Damage formula used if the target isn't a boss.
    value = a.atk * 2;
    }
    </Damage Formula>

<setup action>
    clear battle log
    display action
    perform start
    wait for movement
    wait for animation
    </setup action>

<whole action>
    </whole action>

<target action>
    animation 58: target
    wait for animation
    wait for effect
    </target action>

<finish action>
    perform finish
    clear battle log
    </finish action>

From here, we create our weapon. It can be left pretty much default unless you wish to add or change parameters. We need to add this line into the notebox:
    <Replace Attack: Blood Sword>

This will change the weapon's attack to the blood sword skill we created earlier. The damage formula can be whatever you like it to be.

Next up, I will do the Cleave skill from D&D which was requested earlier. We will have it damage a monster and, if it is killed, move on to another monster.

18. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I think I`ll record your action sequences in GIFs so everybody can see how it works and copy/paste to their project, what do you think @Johnboy

SoSick. likes this.
  19. Haydeos

Haydeos The Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a good thread! keep it up!

20. falken14

falken14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Agreed, I was going to make a Blood Sword at some point and you've pretty much done the work for me. The other stuff is also great. Thanks!