RealmsofChaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.

Recently downloaded the Yanfly Tiles engine and was putting the plugins through their paces when I reached the "animated tile option" plugin... and realized that I'm not sure what it's looking for. The tutorial video seems to assume that I know what it means by "animated tile".

• I can produce "animation" through a series of evented self-switches... though that isn't affected by the plugin.
  • I can produce "animation" by putting in a custom route and telling the image to spin around in circles (a statement that looks really odd when written out)... and that isn't affected by the plugin, either.
  • Does anyone out there know what manner of animation is specifically being detected and halted by this plugin?
I apologize if this belongs in a more general forum as it's quite possible that my problem is due to a lack of general RMMV knowledge rather than trouble with this plugin (Willing to bet that there's a method to animating tiles without the use of events that I haven't found) but wanted to make sure.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Animated tiles are assigned to slot A1 on the Tilesets tab in the database. :) Typically they're used for water/waterfalls/etc. You can find more details in the help:
  • Help > Contents (F1) > Documentation > Asset Standards > Tileset Details > Part 1 > Block A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foghiszdenisz