RealmsofChaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.

Recently downloaded the Yanfly Tiles engine and was putting the plugins through their paces when I reached the "animated tile option" plugin... and realized that I'm not sure what it's looking for. The tutorial video seems to assume that I know what it means by "animated tile".

• I can produce "animation" through a series of evented self-switches... though that isn't affected by the plugin.
  • I can produce "animation" by putting in a custom route and telling the image to spin around in circles (a statement that looks really odd when written out)... and that isn't affected by the plugin, either.
  • Does anyone out there know what manner of animation is specifically being detected and halted by this plugin?
I apologize if this belongs in a more general forum as it's quite possible that my problem is due to a lack of general RMMV knowledge rather than trouble with this plugin (Willing to bet that there's a method to animating tiles without the use of events that I haven't found) but wanted to make sure.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Animated tiles are assigned to slot A1 on the Tilesets tab in the database. :) Typically they're used for water/waterfalls/etc. You can find more details in the help:
  • Help > Contents (F1) > Documentation > Asset Standards > Tileset Details > Part 1 > Block A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...
Long time since last post but still here, still working on games. Hope everyone has been well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaz_D3mon