YEP Battle Engine and DeadOrAliveItem (Pre-Order DLC Plugins)

PlatypusOfDoom

Villager
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been trying to make a healing skill that will target a single ally, and will work on either a dead or alive party member (removing the knockout state in the process). I found a nifty little plugin in the pre-order DLC package called DeadOrAliveItem that seems to be made specifically for this. It works when used on a fresh project, but unfortunately Yanfly's Battle Engine Core seems to prevent it from working properly. When both of these plugins are installed, the items designated as scope "dead or alive" only allow you to select deal allies and not living ones. A few other people have been having this same issue, as seen here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48783-a-complex-item-that-heals-basically-everything/

Does anybody have an idea how to make these two compatible? I've tried tinkering with them myself but I can't seem to figure it out. I can't really get rid of the Battle Core, and the DeadOrAliveItem would be nice to have so I don't have to clog up my inventory with unnecessary revival items. 

Yanfly Battle Engine: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-3-battle-engine-core/

DeadOrAliveItem: (came with pre-order, not sure if I can share it here?)

Kotaro

Übernerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been having the same problem, actually.

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Unfortunately, plugins from different authors are notorious for incompatibility. For example, ChangeWeaponOnBattle doesn't work with Yanfly's EquipCore either for shields. You can equip a weapon into the shield slot, and trying to do so just deletes the weapon from the game.

Meh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Meep
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, plugins from different authors are notorious for incompatibility. For example, ChangeWeaponOnBattle doesn't work with Yanfly's EquipCore either for shields. You can equip a weapon into the shield slot, and trying to do so just deletes the weapon from the game.
Wow really, that sucks?

The videos pre-release posted on youtube stated that they believed all plugins would would work together, except for obvious conflicting plugins :-(

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.
Shin Megami Tensei V is really fun... and the music is sooo good.
*Saw a video of myself*
*Opens google*
*Search "How to delete my personality"*
Me: "I should make a quick prototype of my system to test early"
Also me: "Eh, drawing the character is more fun than actually making the game"
FFhEfyfUcAMOLjF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yam22