RMMV [YEP Battle Engine Core] How do the alternate battlesystems behave if agility is less than 1?

KaitlynKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to have a system where certain equipment will lower this or that stat as a tradeoff. Particularly attack and agility. What I'm wondering is, since alternate battle systems often scale turn speed with agility, what happens if agility is no longer a positive number?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I imagine it depends on specifically which of the systems you're asking about, and then someone who's feeling bored can glance through the code for you :stickytongue:

But overall, I'd advise against allowing that. It should be easy on your side to manipulate your stats and equipment such that you don't get that low.

It's also worth noting that RPG Maker by default won't allow a stat that's less than 1 (except for max MP), so unless you're using a plugin to break that functionality, the question is moot.

KaitlynKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I imagine it depends on specifically which of the systems you're asking about, and then someone who's feeling bored can glance through the code for you :stickytongue:

But overall, I'd advise against allowing that. It should be easy on your side to manipulate your stats and equipment such that you don't get that low.

It's also worth noting that RPG Maker by default won't allow a stat that's less than 1 (except for max MP), so unless you're using a plugin to break that functionality, the question is moot.
So it's floored by one unless I change it? That's good to know.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh my, couldn't give my take on obfuscation subject (with my own plugins I tried to obsfucate with mixed results), topic was closed too fast, while I was still reading, hahaha. Well, back to my code I go
Spent all day writing code, only for it to result in an endless loop...sigh.:kaosigh:
So um what is the deal with rpgmakerofficial.com ,why are there two rpg maker websites now? Is it any different from the current one rpgmakerweb.com??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whymebro2000