zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if it's at all possible to say... add states in the following manner...

The enemy has elemental weakness to A Break and B Break... and I want to have it so if you were to use start with B Break which puts State B on them, then A Break which puts State A on them... it'd lead to a stunned state. That's the easy part. What I'm having a huge problem with is how to adjust this sorta thing for most enemy types to have different orderings of the states. I've thought of a few different things like maybe adding variables... but I feel I'd have to add 1 for all 3 Break types PER enemy.
I also realized in another scenario I'd be stuck making states for every single enemy. I thought also just doing it differently in general tho where using custom parameters, I could have the player lower it if they hit the weakness and thus apply the state. tho thinking about it now that seems really roundabout. but it was mainly in a sense that I could make a parameter for A, B, and C and when a certain combination where lowered on the enemy, they'd enter the stunned state.

But that lead to another problem... visualizing this all to the player. I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about showing the player these "Breaks" in a reasonable way. I know how add gauges to actors, but not enemies. so I while I could go that route to visualize it, I wouldn't know how to.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd definitely appreciate them! thanks everyone! OH!... in case you need a better idea of how this is supposed to work, it's pretty similar to the Zone structure in Xenosaga Episode 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.
40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venator123