RMMV [YEP Buff & States Core] Passive state that adds state to ally with highest parameter

Thornton

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I have a passive state that's supposed to check the battle party's ATK when the condition is fulfilled, then automatically apply to the battle ally with the highest ATK.
I see there's the whole 'i' loop stuff, but that's not really in my expertise - combined with getting the highest atk ally's id, etc.

The state in question does something akin to:
"When attacked, 20% chance to grant the ally with the highest ATK parameter Energized, increasing TP Regen+10% and ATK+10% for 3 turns."

So I'd imagine it'd be something like:
JavaScript:
<Custom React Effect>
if (Math.random() <= 0.2){
[thing to check current party's atk, then get id of ally with highest parameter]{
target.startAnimation(x); //show buff anim
target.addState(y); //add energized state
}
}
</Custom React Effect>

Bonus question, how can I check if anyone is inflicted with the state so the passive doesn't trigger again until it wears off?

Thank you ahead of time!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I have a passive state that's supposed to check the battle party's ATK when the condition is fulfilled, then automatically apply to the battle ally with the highest ATK.
I see there's the whole 'i' loop stuff, but that's not really in my expertise - combined with getting the highest atk ally's id, etc.

The state in question does something akin to:
"When attacked, 20% chance to grant the ally with the highest ATK parameter Energized, increasing TP Regen+10% and ATK+10% for 3 turns."

So I'd imagine it'd be something like:
JavaScript:
<Custom React Effect>
if (Math.random() <= 0.2){
[thing to check current party's atk, then get id of ally with highest parameter]{
target.startAnimation(x); //show buff anim
target.addState(y); //add energized state
}
}
</Custom React Effect>

Bonus question, how can I check if anyone is inflicted with the state so the passive doesn't trigger again until it wears off?

Thank you ahead of time!
Math.random() returns a value from 0-0.9, so <= 0.2 is actually a 30% chance.

Code:
<Custom React Effect>
// 20% chance and no one in the party has state id X
if (Math.random()<0.2 && !$gameParty.aliveMembers().some(member => member.isStateAffected(X)))
{
    var memberOld=$gameParty.aliveMembers()[0];

for (var i=0; i<$gameParty.aliveMembers().length; i++)
    {
        if ($gameParty.aliveMembers()[i].param(2)>memberOld.param(2))
            memberOld=$gameParty.aliveMembers()[i];
    }
    memberOld.startAnimation(Y);
    memberOld.addState(X);
}
</Custom React Effect>
Make sure to replace all instances of X and Y with the appropriate IDs.

Thornton

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellent, thank you very much!

Thread is solved.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrDansv