RMMV YEP CoreEngine prevents fullscreen on newer nwjs versions?

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been fighting some serious problems since I moved over to a new version of nwjs (specifically 54.1, but I've tried various recent versions and the issue is the same), but this has been one of the most persistent.

I found that even with plugins to auto-fullscreen on boot, such as this one...

FSInitStart = SceneManager.initialize;
SceneManager.initialize = function(){
FSInitStart.call(this);
Graphics._requestFullScreen();
};

... when I load my game, the game fullscreens for a moment, then, suddenly, changes back to windowed mode. You can press F4 to make it fullscreen again, but the point is that for some reason, it was changing into windowed mode after running.

Through process of elimination, I found that the problem was with YEP_CoreEngine, a plugin I imagine that most people here use, if you use MV.

If you comment out lines 78 & 79 below, it no longer happens - the game remains at fullscreen after boot.

1634745244077.png

I have to assume that the way the functions window.moveBy() and window.resizeBy() work have changed in nwjs since @Yanfly wrote this plugin, and now, for whatever reason, changing the resolution in-game causes the game to switch to Windowed mode.

What I was wondering is this - I never change resolution in-game; my game runs at 720p and I don't offer the user the ability to change it. The only time it "changes", I believe, is on-boot, when the function kicks in and the game "changes" the resolution from 720p to 720p.

I tried commenting out these two lines, and from a quick run of my game, it all seems fine. However, is anyone aware of any gigantic issue that I might be missing?

I'm obviously concerned about doing this because YEP_CoreEngine underpins so much.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello again! :biggrin: :thumbsup-right:

Try this:
JavaScript:
    FSInitStart.call(this);
    require('nw.gui').Window.get().enterFullscreen();
};

If it doesn't work, disable this plugin and edit the package.json file, in the object "Window" insert the option "Full Screen" like this:
JavaScript:
{
    "name": "",
    "main": "www/index.html",
    "js-flags": "--expose-gc",
    "window": {
        "title": "",
        "toolbar": false,
        "width": 816,
        "height": 624,
        "icon": "www/icon/icon.png",
        "fullscreen": true
    }
}

Reference:

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again! :biggrin: :thumbsup-right:

Try this:
JavaScript:
    FSInitStart.call(this);
    require('nw.gui').Window.get().enterFullscreen();
};

If it doesn't work, disable this plugin and edit the package.json file, in the object "Window" insert the option "Full Screen" like this:
JavaScript:
{
    "name": "",
    "main": "www/index.html",
    "js-flags": "--expose-gc",
    "window": {
        "title": "",
        "toolbar": false,
        "width": 816,
        "height": 624,
        "icon": "www/icon/icon.png",
        "fullscreen": true
    }
}

Reference:

Thanks; I know in advance that the manifest method doesn't work - I tried that. It turns the game into a featureless black window with audio, but with which I can't interact, and I have to close via the task manager.

The first snippet, I'll try if we have problems. In the end I pushed a build for testing with the changes above; commenting out the bit of CoreEngine and neutering the bit of the DreamX Options plugin which attempts to save the fullscreen state - as neither of these are features I need.

Just checking in case commenting out that bit of CoreEngine could have ramifications of which I'm not aware.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It turns the game into a featureless black window with audio, but with which I can't interact, and I have to close via the task manager.
This must be because of YEP itself.
In RMMZ the same thing happens without any plugin installed.

I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DavidUchina wrote on caethyril's profile.
You chad, thanks a lot for your plugins. You helped me costumize the buttons in my game.
I created the first teaser for my game! I decided to make an animation of Cabaret Helen advertising the Pizza Time Theater, set to an actual radio commercial. But this is no ordinary advertisement...
"Somber melody and stunning visuals takes one through the bittersweet tale of False Rebirth" ~ Marmalade
https://rpgmaker.net/games/12069/reviews/7576/

Got a first review on my game, on RPG Maker dot net. :kaothx:
Nightmare... Dreamt I posted a GFX resource post. With a work in progress glove icon that tinted to different colors. In the wrong forum. And I was in such a panic. I saw people writing posts in response, those "..." you see in discord and such. So I frantically tried to report my post as wrong forum, editing to say it's the wrong forum and that I "accidentally" posted it too early... Very odd dream to be honest...
The youngest photo of you is also the oldest photo of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gabriel1777