Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I've noticed that when a character guards, they will stop guarding:
a) if another character plays just after
b) after taking 1 (and only 1) hit from the enemy
I personally find that pretty stupid. A character IMO should keep guarding until they play again. Also, guarding doesn't seem to reduce the damage at all, like it's not even implemented.
So I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong with this plugin and in case I'm not, is there a way to edit it so that guard lasts for a "full turn"?

EDIT: if that helps, I've also noticed adding the Guard feature (same category as "substitute", "autoplay" etc), then the character will guard... all the time... which is just as equally buggy IMO.
That said, the enemy damage IS reduced, this time.

Last edited:

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
guard command just applies state 2. if u changed state 2 in any way that is changing what guard is doing. and the guard special flag uses a default formula to calculate damage reduction.
something like dmg / (2*guard effect rate) so by default guard lasts 1 turn and halves damage
so make sure your state 2 has guard special flag, 1 turn duration, and isnt removed by damage

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You'll have to check the state duration. CTB uses a tick based system so the state needs to last enough ticks for it to do what you want.

Also sadly CTB by Yanfly is no longer supported, so that could be some of the issue here as well.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you, it's clearer now. It does need a bit of re-adjusting then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tauron7