YEP Enemy Levels Help

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Karkess, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karkess

Karkess Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am having issues with setting up YEP Enemy Levels. There is something I'm not understanding as I feel it's ignoring parameter changes.

I was trying to implement in a change in enemy base HP with the following equation:
    ((level -1) * rate * base + base) ^ ((1+((1+rate)*(1+level))/1000)

Which I believe is: Math.pow( ( level - 1 ) * rate * base + base, 1 + ( ( 1 + rate ) * (level - 1 ) ) / 1000 ) ;
    (very new to Javascript, so do correct me if I am wrong)

With a base of 200 and a rate of 0.2 I was expecting a turnout like so:
    upload_2018-11-1_10-27-34.png

But upon testing and feeling it out it seemed an enemy had ~25k HP at level 99.

So I started a new project and filtered it down to simply these two plug-ins:
    upload_2018-11-1_10-29-0.png

I was getting pretty beat up so I adjusted the ATK and DEF Parameters given down to simply ‘base’, and they were still hitting for 1200 (off of a 5 ATK base against a level 99).

Am I misunderstanding what the ‘base’ term means, or is there another issue?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. Karkess

Karkess Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have figured this issue out.

By setting 'rate' and 'flat' to 0 for hp values and putting in :Math.pow( ( level - 1 ) * 0.2 * base + base, 1 + ( ( 1 + 0.2 ) * (level - 1 ) ) / 1000 ) ;
    as my formula (Manually replacing the 'rate' variable) I was able to achieve the desired results. It appears that the 'flat' and 'rate' variable are applied behind the scenes to your formula on top of the formula itself, so avoiding these values and leaving them at zero gives the desired results.

Confusingly enough I did try and apply this exact formula and my old formula to the 'gold/xp' categories, and instead of getting the desired values I got ~4.2k with slight fluctuation even though none is programmed in, but the original issue concerning HP has been solved and this one is entirely a new one. If I can't figure it out I'll start a new topic for that.

3. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.