YEP Enemy Levels wont do any fluctuation?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel incredibly stupid but I cannot understand for the life of me how this plugin works.
Im trying to make an open world concept that scales enemies in certain zones but never exceeds a maximum (ex: World A will always range from lv1-lvl25, World B will range lvl 1-lvl30, World C ranges lvl5-lvl30).

I have entered the same battle 4 times not and they enemies are always lvl 3 despite messing around with the parameters, and my party level is 2!

I have images of the parameters:
<Negative Level Fluctuation: x> does not ever work for me, I would like to have enemies in weaker zones set to a maximum level and range from level 1 - 5 for example.

Is this possible?

Attachments

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your setup looks OK, though I'm no expert on this plugin. I did have a quick look through the code and it looks OK...pretty sure it can't yield level 3 for bats when their maximum level is set to 2 and positive fluctuation to 0. :kaoswt2:

I wonder whether it's a plugin conflict...if you turn off your other plugins (Ctrl+A = select all, right-click > turn off, then turn on Enemy Levels again), save your project, and test, can you reproduce the problem? If turning off other plugins helps, maybe provide a screenshot showing which plugins you're using, in the order they're listed in the Plugin Manager. :)

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your setup looks OK, though I'm no expert on this plugin. I did have a quick look through the code and it looks OK...pretty sure it can't yield level 3 for bats when their maximum level is set to 2 and positive fluctuation to 0. :kaoswt2:

I wonder whether it's a plugin conflict...if you turn off your other plugins (Ctrl+A = select all, right-click > turn off, then turn on Enemy Levels again), save your project, and test, can you reproduce the problem? If turning off other plugins helps, maybe provide a screenshot showing which plugins you're using, in the order they're listed in the Plugin Manager. :)
Edit: YEP_BaseTroopEvents is causing the issue, guess I wont be using it lol. I turned it off and everything works fine now. Thanks!

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: YEP_BaseTroopEvents is causing the issue, guess I wont be using it lol. I turned it off and everything works fine now. Thanks!
Huh. I imagine it was something in one of your troop events, because Base Troop Events is a very simple plugin in and of itself. :kaoswt2: If you haven't already, you might want to double-check that your Yanfly plugins are in the recommended order, listed here:
Just mentioning it because conflicts can sometimes happen due to load order. :kaophew:

That said, if you don't really need Base Troop Events then I guess it's a moot point, haha. Happy RPG Making! :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Will be revealing my project to the forum soon.
Ohboi, I'mma learning how to mix/sing better warming up (by singing game songs) for eventually singing my team's game's main theme. (Plus singing for my Patrons XD)
For anyone using my Extended Generator, would you like a discord server where you can exchange ideas, help, suggestions and news about the development ?
My gf got Addicted by making Momochi!
Meet Foochi the Buttout Ghost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isabelx10