YEP Equip Core Extension to show ONLY stats being changed.

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am currently using Yanfly's Equip Core and I was wondering if anyone could create a script for me to show all of the players params that are being changed (and only the ones being changed) in the Equip window when you select a weapon or armor to equip. Including other params like Sparams and ExParams. I've never understood why by default RM-Ace and now RM-MV don't display changed ex-params, sp-Params, or even skills that are added by gear. It's all forced to be placed in the 2 line help window... which is restricting. YEP-Equip Core has a lot of space where more could be shown, and does a good job neatening up the window.

Currently, by default YEP-Equip Core shows Hp, Mp, Attack, Def, MAttack, MDef, Agility, and Luck, even if they are not being changed, and nothing else.

What I would like to have is a dynamically changing display of only things the equipment is changing. So if a weapon has +2 to attack, and no other stats it would only show

Attack 20 -> 22 there on the right.

and nothing else.

I would also like to see it list if the gear also adds/changes any of the following 

• Attack or Defense Element Rate and Type
  • State Rates and Resists (and it's before and after info.)
  • Ex-Params and Sp-Params (and it's before and after info.)
  • Weapon Attack Speed if using an ATB or other tick based battle system. (and it's before and after info.)
  • Attack Times (2 or 3 strikes, etc)
  • Added Skills / Skill Types
  • All the other effects (Special Flags, Action Times, Party Ability.)
  • and last but not least, a way to note tag in one or more "Custom Lines" of text that would list either at the top, or at the bottom of the other displayed stats. So something like <top note = RARE> would pop RARE up at the top of the list of stats.

Here's a general idea of what I mean. (except our version would show before and afters instead of flat + values.)

Hooray, WOW tooltip. :p

As you can see, being able to just add something like "Heroic" as an extra line of text... OR ANY extra line of text, would be amazing in just removing any need for having the help window at all in the Equip window.

Thanks ahead of time, and thanks to Yanfly for making the original Equip Core! I am also going to see if I can direct Yanfly to view this and see if the original script can just be updated to include some if not all of this functionality.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Something like this mockup, then? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, your mockup shows items effects, not weapons and armor, but yes. All of the stat changes and effects would be over there on the right.

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah I just took a screenshot of the Vlue inventory plugin and made some edits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I can't stop looping this BGM while at work since I began to play PSO2. It just too good for mood booster.
How to post a picture there in the status feed?
So I was at the grocery store trying to reach for some small garbage bags on the top shelf way in the back. Instead of going all the way downstairs to find someone to help me I grabbed a broom and pulled it down. Putting the broom back I said, "Thank you for your service".
S.O.S.--10:16pm......two toddlers still awake....send help...
Days are getting longer and longer... perhaps it's because I'm counting down days until MZ is finally released lol xD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garycomehome