YEP event morpher in a common event

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Hahasea, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Am I the only dumb dumb here who find the Yanfly tutorials insufficient?

I'm trying to morph a crop event which calls on growing and harvesting common events into a reharvestable tree event. I have both these things working individually, but for the life of me I can't get the morph to work!

I have:
    - crop plot events on my farm map
    - reharvestable tree events on a Morph template map that gets called by the Morph plugin, and the plugin parameters updated accordingly.

The crop events call a couple of common events, and I'm attempting to alter my harvest common event to trigger the morph when a harvest of a particular crop (ie apples) is completed. So instead of the apple tree disappearing, the event is morphed into a reharvestable tree event, and the player can go on picking apples periodically.

There are a couple of things I'm not sure about:
    1) Can morph plugin script calls work in common events?
    2) Is the way I've written my script call correct? I'm still a bit of a noob. Since it's in a common event to be to applied to many crop plot events, I've left 'targetId' empty, assuming this is how I can get it to apply to whatever crop plot event is calling this common event?

upload_2019-7-27_21-4-21.png
    (Just to make sure I've explained this clearly, this common event is already working and is successfully called by my map crop plot events, it's just the morph event script section starting at 'If: Harvest: Crop ID = 35' that I can't get to work.)

Thanks friends.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please give complete screenshots of both the map event and the common event.

it depends on how exactly both work - if a common event is called correctly from a map event, it inherits the map event properties and "this" will point to the correct event.
    If anything is irregular with the starting of the common event, it will be considered an independent event and have different properties.

And no, the screenshot you gave is not enough - an event is more than just its content, we need to see the triggers for this common event above it.

3. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Andar sorry, noted, will do this in future.

upload_2019-7-28_9-17-46.png
    upload_2019-7-28_9-19-12.png

upload_2019-7-28_9-19-52.png

upload_2019-7-28_9-20-17.png

upload_2019-7-28_9-21-35.png

More in next post (can't seem to add more images to this post)

4. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, I'm in transit and was in a data black hole.

upload_2019-7-28_9-27-37.png

And just in case:
    upload_2019-7-28_9-29-1.png

Ok, I think that's it?