Shanoaravendare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the intro of my game, I'm trying to use Yanfly's Gab Window plugin to display dialog while I have a movie playing at the same time. The problem I'm running into is that the Gab flashes on the screen for less than a second.
1614987942569.png

I also tried setting the event up this way, with the same result.
1614988424502.png

This is how I have my Plugins listed.
1614988086821.png

And the current settings on the Plugin itself.
1614988135006.png

Am I missing a command or setting somewhere that would allow the Gabs to play at a reasonable speed at the same time as the movie, or is there a different way I should be doing this? Alternately, is it even possible to have a movie playing and the game putting text boxes on top?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this from messing with movies a bit in a couple of plugins I made a while back.
The layer on which movies play is separate from the game layer, and runs at a higher priority, meaning it will always play on top of anything in the game. I'd say the reason you see the gab window for a split second isn't because it's instantly closing, but because it shows for a single frame before being buried under the movie frame updating.

You'd need a plugin that changes how movies are played to allow them to play in the same frame as the rest of the game. There might be one around, but I'm not sure where you'd find it now.

Shanoaravendare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd need a plugin that changes how movies are played to allow them to play in the same frame as the rest of the game. There might be one around, but I'm not sure where you'd find it now.
Thanks for the tip! I was able to find Archeia's YSP_VideoPlayer plugin that should allow me to accomplish my goal.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arsyloth