Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I have instant the Yep Core engine but every time that I change the resolutions, my game look like this: Oh the Horror
Can someone help me?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it depends on resolution, if you screen resolution is devideable by 48,
than your good, but some screen sizemight not take it lightly.

for exsample, if you game resolution is wider than the height (normally)
but wider, than you get blackbars on top and down, otherwise, if it almost
square, you get blackbars on the side.

so it's totally normal though. (also depending how they set their pc screen :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
windows has only a limited number of officially defined screen sizes, and most drivers are limited to those. If they get commands for a different screen size that is not supported by the display driver, then they choose the next larger one and fill the difference with the black border.

theoretically you can eliminate those borders by giving your game the same screen size than your monitor, but that has a lot of problems:
1) the engine has problems handling maps if the screen size is not a multiple of the grid size. So you have to use 1056 instead of 1080 and so on.
2) different players have different monitors, so a screen size that eliminates the border for one computer/monitor will still display those borders on other monitors
3) the engine has problems if the internal screen size of the project is larger than the physical monitor screen size. so you usually want to keep the games screen size lower to make more people be able to play it.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you want your game to switch to fullscreen, you'll need the following code:
Code:
Graphics._requestFullScreen()

If you want your game to start in fullscreen, you might be interested in one of my plugins: N_StartFullscreen. You can download it directly here: https://github.com/Nolonar/RM_Plugins-StartFullscreen/releases/latest/download/N_StartFullscreen.js

That plugin also adds an "Exit" option, so players can still exit your game, even if they don't know about Alt+F4 (Windows and Ubuntu) or CMD+Q (macOS) or whatever shortcut their Linux distro of choice uses.

Unfortunately, the plugin doesn't work with browsers (yet).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:
If there was an award for best game dev procrastination, I'd say 'meh, I'll pick it up tomorrow' >_>
Honestly though, I've been staring at the same half-made map for a while now haha! Ahhh, I'm so tired of mapping!
Time to add the support for import/export default RMXP maps. Maybe there will be customized tileset support later. In theory, I can reimplement the entire RMXP inside this RMXP-made game to make more RMXP games. :kaojoy:RMXPFORMATSUPPORT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loltoheaven777