22pepperjack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
example 2.png

hopefully this is the right forum section...and hopefully what im asking help with makes sense.

so i have a few Yanfly plugins installed, (list at end of post) and im trying to figure out wether or not its possible to move the gab window at the top of the screen down to the bottom. i want the message displaying what attack is currently being used; to appear just above the character window at the bottom, but ive no idea which script i should begin to look in to edit that, or if its done through base MV code. i know the gab window is in both, but the Battle Core changes how it looks somewhat. or if a script exists that allows that kind of free edit, that would be cool as well...

List of active plugins:
- YEP_CoreEngine
- YEP_BattleEngineCore
- YEP_BattleStatusWindow
- YEP_X_BattleSysSTB
- YEP_X_TurnOrderDisplay

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Plugin Releases is for posting your own finished plugins, not for asking help with one.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are two ways to fix this issue. Move the turn order display so it's under the Battle Log, or go in and change the JS code. I had to do that to change some things about the Battle Scene with the Battle Log. Take a look at rpg_windows.js or YEP_BattleEngineCore.js and look under Window_BattleLog. Should lead you in the right direction.

22pepperjack

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
took a while to figure out how most of the code worked, but in the end i still couldnt find the line of code i needed to move the faded rectangle down, i could only move the icon and the text lol. ended up moving the turn order display down through default means and editing the code to nudge it closer to the screen edge than originally allowed, and edited a couple other things to my liking, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the window code!

aureliendela

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to necro this thread but I had the same problem and found a sort of workaround, hopefully this might help someone who stumbles on this old thread.
My solution was basically what the topic creator wants which is to render the Battle Log in a place where it is not overlapping with the Turn Order. I'm not a programmer so my solution is probably not elegant and the equivalent of duct tape but it works :)

Here's how to do it:
Open YourProjectName\js\rpg_windows.js and change the following code:
Search for
Window_BattleLog.prototype.initialize = function()
It should be a block spanning from line 4741 to 4755)
Within this block, locate the line:
Window_Selectable.prototype.initialize.call(this, 0, 0, width, height);
and replace it with something like that:
Window_Selectable.prototype.initialize.call(this, -width*0.4, 0, width, height);

And it should look like that:
Capture.JPG

I haven't tried to make it prettier by extending the render length of the black transparent rectangle that serves as a background for this message box, but it's probably done in Window_BattleLog.prototype.createBackSprite = function()

Hope this helps someone one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington