YEP - how to move the Current Attack message window

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by 22pepperjack, Apr 18, 2018.

1. 22pepperjack

22pepperjack Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    example 2.png

hopefully this is the right forum section...and hopefully what im asking help with makes sense.

so i have a few Yanfly plugins installed, (list at end of post) and im trying to figure out wether or not its possible to move the gab window at the top of the screen down to the bottom. i want the message displaying what attack is currently being used; to appear just above the character window at the bottom, but ive no idea which script i should begin to look in to edit that, or if its done through base MV code. i know the gab window is in both, but the Battle Core changes how it looks somewhat. or if a script exists that allows that kind of free edit, that would be cool as well...

List of active plugins:
    - YEP_CoreEngine
    - YEP_BattleEngineCore
    - YEP_BattleStatusWindow
    - YEP_X_BattleSysSTB
    - YEP_X_TurnOrderDisplay

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Plugin Releases is for posting your own finished plugins, not for asking help with one.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are two ways to fix this issue. Move the turn order display so it's under the Battle Log, or go in and change the JS code. I had to do that to change some things about the Battle Scene with the Battle Log. Take a look at rpg_windows.js or YEP_BattleEngineCore.js and look under Window_BattleLog. Should lead you in the right direction.

4. 22pepperjack

22pepperjack Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    took a while to figure out how most of the code worked, but in the end i still couldnt find the line of code i needed to move the faded rectangle down, i could only move the icon and the text lol. ended up moving the turn order display down through default means and editing the code to nudge it closer to the screen edge than originally allowed, and edited a couple other things to my liking, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the window code!