Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before anyone asks about reporting this to Yanfly, I've reported this issues in May on his ******* page. Since we don't have new updates since April (and I don't know if we are going to have more in the near future), I'm going to post this issues here and look if anyone has an idea on how to fix them.

There are three plugins involved:
- YEP_BattleEngineCore v1.46
- YEP_TargetCore v1.04
- YEP_X_SelectionControl v1.14

They are all updated to the latest version, as stated in Yanfly's main page for updates and change logs. There is a sample project uploaded here for those interested.

First issue - YEP Battle Engine Core - Simultaneous Animation option:
As you know, with YEP Battle Engine Core, you have the two options in the plugin parameters to set animation delay if this is used more times than one, and for all the characters involved in the skill. However, those parameters are not working, and all the animations set for all targets are playing at the same time, without delay despite the number you put inside the parameters, even with the default values of RPGMMV!​

Second issue - YEP Target Core & [Add-on] Selection Control - Cursor targeting issue:
This issue is more complex than the other one, and it is related on how the cursor selects the allies when you use a spell that can target one or multiple allies. You will need to replicate this issue with the next steps in the sample project I've uploaded.​

In order to replicate the bug, follow the next steps:​
  • With Harold 1, select the 'Magic' command, and then the Heal spell. Move the cursor over the allies with the right key. You'll see no issues here, since the selection order is fine, and you will be selecting first Harold 1, Harold 2, Harold 3, Harold 4, and then all the allies.
  • With Harold 2, select the 'Magic' command, and then the Heal spell again. Move the cursor over the allies with the right key. You'll see an issue here, since the cursor will select first Harold 2, then Harold 1, and then Harold 3, 4 and then all the allies (breaking the selection order).
  • With Harold 3, select the 'Magic' command, and then the Heal spell again. Move the cursor over the allies with the right key. You'll see almost the same issue here, but with the diference that the cursor will select Harold 1 first, then Harold 3, Harold 2, Harold 3 and all allies, breaking again the actor selection order.
  • Finally, With Harold 4, select the 'Magic' command, and then the Heal spell again. Move the cursor over the allies with the right key. The issue here is that you will select first Harold 1, Harold 2, and then, Harold 4, Harold 3 and all allies, breaking again the order when the cursor selects Harold 4 before Harold 3.
As you can see, this issue can confuse the player when selecting the actors, since the 'Target Core' and the 'Selection Control' plugins are failing at the moment the cursor breaks the actor's order in battle.

So, those are the two issues. As I said before, they were reported to Yanfly, but I've been waiting since May, and there are no answers or updates regarding this. I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump, please.

I really need help with this.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Second bump.

Please, this is very important.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Third bump!

Please, I need help with this!

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fourth bump!

Please, Yanfly is not updating his plugins, despite I've reported this issues, so I need help from the community!

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For fifth time... Bump!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You first issue might be solved by using Action Sequencing. I'm not entirely sure if the Animation Delay parameters were solely meant for the Action Sequence plugins, but using the <whole action> tags for your skills that can target multiple enemies should do the trick. It works for me just fine.

As for the second issue, I wouldn't have any idea of how to fix that. Seems like a definite bug.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"Bug" 1 isn't a bug, it is an action sequence issue that you have to configure. If the animation is a single target animation, that's how it rolls.
"Bug" 2 isn't a bug either. The selection order is something that is sorted based on the left to right X positions on the screen. If Bug 2 is bothering you that much, look for this function in Selection Control and remove the stuff inside:

Code:
Window_BattleEnemy.prototype.sortTargets = function() {
    this._enemies.sort(function(a, b) {
        if (a.spritePosX() == b.spritePosX()) {
          return a.spritePosY() - b.spritePosY();
        }
        return a.spritePosX() - b.spritePosX();
    });
};

Or you can configure the lining position of the actor's home X positions inside of the Battle Engine Core to make them more spread out.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Bug" 1 isn't a bug, it is an action sequence issue that you have to configure. If the animation is a single target animation, that's how it rolls.
"Bug" 2 isn't a bug either. The selection order is something that is sorted based on the left to right X positions on the screen. If Bug 2 is bothering you that much, look for this function in Selection Control and remove the stuff inside:

Code:
        if (a.spritePosX() == b.spritePosX()) {
        }
    });
};

Or you can configure the lining position of the actor's home X positions inside of the Battle Engine Core to make them more spread out.

Thanks for the tip about the 2nd bug, @Archeia, since I've discovered something interesting:

Code:
      /*
      if (a.isActor() && b.isActor()) {
        return a.index() - b.index();
      }
      */
      if (a.spritePosX() === b.spritePosX()) {
      }
    });
    if (this.action()) this.addExtraSelectTargets();
};

That is the entire code from the Selection Control plugin, and for some reason...
Code:
      /*
      if (a.isActor() && b.isActor()) {
        return a.index() - b.index();
      }
      */
... that part of the code was removed. However, if I eliminate those '/*', and I give the priority to that part of the plugin again, the selection works fine. Yanfly implemented this, but he removed it for some reason.

And about th 1st bug...

You first issue might be solved by using Action Sequencing. I'm not entirely sure if the Animation Delay parameters were solely meant for the Action Sequence plugins, but using the <whole action> tags for your skills that can target multiple enemies should do the trick. It works for me just fine.

I will need some more time to try this, and see if it works correctly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frishu