RMMV YEP Item and Equip Core is forcing Initial Equipment?

Bactyrael

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically certain classes always spawn with armor 0002 even with none selected in initial equipment. When I disable both item core and equip core it stops doing this. It really wouldn't be an issue but when i select a different armor under initial equipment it will always choose 0002 from armors regardless?

I am testing on a new game "never using a save file" and only some of the classes are affected?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a weird one...it's popped up occasionally over the years, and it's hard to reproduce intentionally. Something similar was happening in my game for a while, and it just kind of went away.

You say it stops when you disable both plugins, does it stop if you disable just one?

Which class IDs does it happen with (and is it attached to the classes, not the actors? If you change the actor's starting class in the database, does it stop for them?)

Bactyrael

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a weird one...it's popped up occasionally over the years, and it's hard to reproduce intentionally. Something similar was happening in my game for a while, and it just kind of went away.

You say it stops when you disable both plugins, does it stop if you disable just one?

Which class IDs does it happen with (and is it attached to the classes, not the actors? If you change the actor's starting class in the database, does it stop for them?)
Class ID's affected: 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004, 0005, 0007, 0008, 0009, 0011.

Actor ID's affected: 0001 "no initial equipment can be added." 0002 - 0004 " initial equipment can be added but (chest type) will always spawn as armor 0002.

Disabling the equip core or the item core separate from each other causes the issue to persist. Disabling both the equip core and item core resolves the issue. I've tried disabling all and turning them back on 1 by 1, and I have tried disabling requisite plugins to the pre-requisite plugins. Also vice versus.

Plugin Order: Community_Basic, MadeWithMV, Core engine, message core, x message eval text, key name entry, key number input, battle engine core, damage core, item core, item discard, item requirements, shopmenucore, more currencies, skillcore, limited skill uses, skillcostitems, equip core, equiprequirements, weapon animation, weapon unleash.

Following Yanfly's plugin order recommendations from http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Category:Yanfly_Engine_Plugins .

I have made no changes to my plugin files except for YEP_WeaponAnimation which now calls /img/weapons in place of /img/system.

I have 3 <Not Independent Item>.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Class ID's affected: 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004, 0005, 0007, 0008, 0009, 0011.

Actor ID's affected: 0001 "no initial equipment can be added." 0002 - 0004 " initial equipment can be added but (chest type) will always spawn as armor 0002.
I suggest leaving off all of the leading zeros. I know that's the way it displays in the lists in your database, but if you do anything with variable values or JavaScript calls, using leading zeros will make it not work, so it's a good habit to just use the numbers.

So if I understand you correctly, if you change actor 1's starting class to 10, the bug does not happen? If that's correct, is there anything you can see that's different about the configuration of class 10?

Bactyrael

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest leaving off all of the leading zeros. I know that's the way it displays in the lists in your database, but if you do anything with variable values or JavaScript calls, using leading zeros will make it not work, so it's a good habit to just use the numbers.

So if I understand you correctly, if you change actor 1's starting class to 10, the bug does not happen? If that's correct, is there anything you can see that's different about the configuration of class 10?
Right now they are all identical but something weird that has happened, I think the YEP base & class parameters plugins fixed it? I can now add items and it doesnt appear that anyone is spawning in with 0002 armor from none selection. I'm afraid to try to recreate it in fear of it ruining the project. I'm not entirely sure yet so I'm going to make a back up and test it tonight or tomorrow to be sure.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kanori24 wrote on TheRamenGirl's profile.
I love your profile pic. Definitely one of my favorite scenes from OPM :D
Had a funny feeling about my laptop last night so I moved my project over to desktop via thumbdrive, just experienced my first corrupted project and couldn't be happier about the timing!! *proceeds to copy file onto every thumbdrive in the house*
Test game. Find something broken. Fix. Re-test game. Broken thing fixed but new thing broken that wasn't before. What?!?! Uhg! :kaoangry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vokorish