YEP Level Up Growth Effects Error

RealmsofChaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First post up here as I seem to have hit a wall.

Am attempting to run the YEP plugin listed in the title. I set a sample creature to yield high XP to test and went into Playtest Mode. At end of combat, I received the message (error has been duplicated several times):

Game has encountered a bug. Please report it.

SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /
at Game_Actor.performLevelUpGrowthFromObject (YEP_LevelUpGrowthEffects.js:223:21)
at Game_Actor.performLevelUpGrowth (YEP_LevelUpGrowthEffects.js:182:10)
at Game_Actor:levelUp (YEP_LevelUpGrowthEffects.js:152:8)
at Game_Actor:changeExp (rpg_objects.js:3882:14)
at Game_Actor:gainExp (rpg_objects.js:3928:10)
at Game_Actor.gainExp (YEP_X_Subclass.js:893:40)
at chrome-extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/js/rpg_managers.js:2772:15
at Array.forEach ()
at Function.BattleManager.gainExp (rpg_managers.js:2771:29)
at Function.BattleManager.gainRewards (rpg_managers.js:2764:10)

NOTE 1: I noted the problem with the subclass script. Tried disabling it and all other problems persist. Problem goes away when Level Up Growth Effects is disabled (even if subclasses are up and running), however.
NOTE 2: I have been following the recommended download order from the wiki verbatim, disabling only the following scripts that did not seem relevant to my work at this time:

Core Updates Optimization
ATB Battle System
Visual ATB Gauge
CTB Battle System
STB Battle System
Battle Select Cursor
Tick Based Regen
Visual State FX
Armor Scaling
Area of Effect
Selection Control

I also have the line-break commands to break up areas (taken from Yanfly, all turned off), have uploaded the Base Troop Events early, and the base events that came with MV (monster book, item book, etc.) are still at the bottom of my list (all off). Other than base troop events, I am barely reaching the end of my battle plugins (in case downloading the rest should somehow fix things?)

Finally, I note that the help notes on the plugin in question do not mention the 1.01 bugfix noted on the site (even though I purchased the plugins this weekend).

Apologies if this is too much info. Wanted to check if this a known problem and if there are any ideas for troubleshooting.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked at the plugin file, and the line referenced deals with the <Level Up Learn Skill: x> tag, and seems to imply you've used the tag without a valid skill id. Check where you've used this tag, and make sure the id is present, and that the skill with the given Id actually exists in your database, though in this case I think it's just an invalid Id.

There is nothing wrong with the regex statement on line 223, as far as I can tell.

RealmsofChaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's kind of odd.
I wasn't using that tag in any of my skills at the time.

I tried erasing all of the notes tags I have placed for everything (I practiced an action sequence, subclass names, monster book descriptions) that didn't come with the game (attack note, guard note, etc.) and problem persists.

Tried to open the file myself and got the following error message:

Script *where it’s located*
Line: 223
Char: 72
Error: Expected ‘)’ in regular expression
Code: 800A139C
Source: Microsoft Jscript compilation error

While I can't open any files with the windows based script host, I thought that bringing up line 223 again may be relevant.

When I opened the file in notepad, line 223 seems to be from the Switch On tag rather than the learn skill tag (had to manually count the lines multiple times to double check).

Huh... In the plugin I've downloaded/, that line has 4 open-parens and 3 close-parens.

Edit: Put an extra close-parens at end of the line and the script works fine. Is there some way to report this to the YEP Wiki in case it's not just me.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's kind of odd.
I wasn't using that tag in any of my skills at the time.

I tried erasing all of the notes tags I have placed for everything (I practiced an action sequence, subclass names, monster book descriptions) that didn't come with the game (attack note, guard note, etc.) and problem persists.

Tried to open the file myself and got the following error message:

Script *where it’s located*
Line: 223
Char: 72
Error: Expected ‘)’ in regular expression
Code: 800A139C
Source: Microsoft Jscript compilation error

While I can't open any files with the windows based script host, I thought that bringing up line 223 again may be relevant.

When I opened the file in notepad, line 223 seems to be from the Switch On tag rather than the learn skill tag (had to manually count the lines multiple times to double check).

Huh... In the plugin I've downloaded/, that line has 4 open-parens and 3 close-parens.

Edit: Put an extra close-parens at end of the line and the script works fine. Is there some way to report this to the YEP Wiki in case it's not just me.
That is odd. I wonder if we were looking at the same version of the file. In any case, I would recommend checking out notepad++ for looking at or editing scripts. It's free, and among other things, it shows the line number in the margin so an error like this is easier to track.

As for reporting the error, there used to be a forum thread on here to report bugs with yanfly's plugins, but it was literally hundreds of pages long, and yanfly just sorta stopped looking at it after a while. I don't think there is an easy way to report bugs for these scripts any more. Perhaps there is a contact link on the wiki.

lilhomskewl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wanted to say thank you very much for finding this! I just ran into this issue even though I'd ran a couple tests after installing it. I don't know what triggered it, but the extra close-parens seems to be working. Thank you!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I posted a funny gag reel of Drifty's video's here, but realized it was probably too riskay, so I deleted it, oops, lol.
Another room (actually other half of previous room)
What should I focus on today?

Character Portraits?
OR
Mapping?
Alright, I think I've got tired of VXAce. I guess I will jump to MV.
Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeo707