redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin adds the feature of displaying character name in extra box, but if I just put the:

"\n<\C[23]\N[1]\C>Hello."

That I usually placed in the message box in the JS code like:
$gameMessage.add("\n<\C[23]\N[1]\C>Hello.");

It doesn't work. I haven't found any instructions on working with this plugin using the script. My goal is to show all messages like this one "\n<\C[23]\N[1]\C>Hello." using the script instead of default message option.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A string is not the same as the textbox.

the problem is that a string handles the escape differently than a direct processing of the textbox.
If I remember correctly you need to replace all \ with a \\ if used in a string before processing, but there is probably something else before it works.

redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A string is not the same as the textbox.

the problem is that a string handles the escape differently than a direct processing of the textbox.
If I remember correctly you need to replace all \ with a \\ if used in a string before processing, but there is probably something else before it works.
Alright, that was fairly easy, thank you. At first glance everything is working fine, but if I find any problem, I'll come back here.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh my, couldn't give my take on obfuscation subject (with my own plugins I tried to obsfucate with mixed results), topic was closed too fast, while I was still reading, hahaha. Well, back to my code I go
Spent all day writing code, only for it to result in an endless loop...sigh.:kaosigh:
So um what is the deal with rpgmakerofficial.com ,why are there two rpg maker websites now? Is it any different from the current one rpgmakerweb.com??
ScreenShot_7_1_2022_11_41_55.png
When the Panic gauge is full, Mike will turn into Omar in a state of actual panic. his move list changes and until the meter depletes completely, he'll be able make use of this alter ego.
So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueMoonZ