redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin adds the feature of displaying character name in extra box, but if I just put the:

"\n<\C[23]\N[1]\C>Hello."

That I usually placed in the message box in the JS code like:
$gameMessage.add("\n<\C[23]\N[1]\C>Hello.");

It doesn't work. I haven't found any instructions on working with this plugin using the script. My goal is to show all messages like this one "\n<\C[23]\N[1]\C>Hello." using the script instead of default message option.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A string is not the same as the textbox.

the problem is that a string handles the escape differently than a direct processing of the textbox.
If I remember correctly you need to replace all \ with a \\ if used in a string before processing, but there is probably something else before it works.

redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A string is not the same as the textbox.

the problem is that a string handles the escape differently than a direct processing of the textbox.
If I remember correctly you need to replace all \ with a \\ if used in a string before processing, but there is probably something else before it works.
Alright, that was fairly easy, thank you. At first glance everything is working fine, but if I find any problem, I'll come back here.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roydonne