kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

I was trying to add multiple skill types to my skills so that (for instance) I could seal all "Core" skills regardless of if they are "Magic" or "Special". I was able to get the plugin working in the menu easily enough, but sealing a skill type doesn't seem to work right. In a new project I did the following;

Heal is made a Special skill and the notetag <Skill Type: 1>
Spark has the notetag <Skill Type: 2>
Harold adds the skill type Special and seals Magic in Traits

Only Spark is sealed in both a Battle Test and a Play Test with an event that calls the same battle even though both should be. No other plugins used (or required) and adding Yanfly's Core Engine, Battle Engine Core, and Skill Core had no effect or change. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kirbwarrior If you give Spark the same parameters as Heal, does it still remain sealed during Battle Test and Play Test?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Tested it out; When I switch Spark over to be the same as Heal, neither is blocked. When I then switch Heal (so they are reversed from my initial post), Heal is blocked. And when they are both Magic with <Skill Type: 2>, they are sealed. Basically, "Seal" isn't seeing the added skill types.

Anastasius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tested it out; When I switch Spark over to be the same as Heal, neither is blocked. When I then switch Heal (so they are reversed from my initial post), Heal is blocked. And when they are both Magic with <Skill Type: 2>, they are sealed. Basically, "Seal" isn't seeing the added skill types.
Hello. Look for line #112:
JavaScript:
var length = skill.skillTypes;
Replace that with:
JavaScript:
var length = skill.skillTypes.length;

JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If magic is never learned, there is nu reason to seal it. Sealing it might be the reason why skills that have both types are sealed too.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If magic is never learned, there is nu reason to seal it. Sealing it might be the reason why skills that have both types are sealed too.
I think you might have read it backwards - the OP wanted both of the skills to be sealed, but they weren't. :wink:

As far as the first part, you don't always know who is going to get a state/equipment/whatever that's sealing skills. In fact, I'd suggest you usually don't.

JohnDoeNews

Mod on Steam (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, oops. :p I thought the character uses special, but not magic so magic was sealed. My mistake.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Replace that with:
That fixed it perfectly, thanks a lot! Also, looking at that code, it seems like that is just coded wrong in the first place. Does anyone know what I should do to submit this as a bug?

Actually, I was doing this to solve a different issue. I have multiple state ideas that slightly restrict what the user can do. For instance, "Berserk" disallows skills that don't do damage, "Confusion" disallows skills that target, etc. Some of them I think I could find a way to solve, but being able to 'tag' a skill seemed like a useful idea anyway so I was testing sealing types the player never gains and thus the issue. To really test it, I made a third skill type and sealed it without giving it to Harold and it did exactly what I expected when that was added to Spark and not Heal.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Weekend Sale Announcement:
Our Roguelike game, Zodiac Hunters (for PC), is now on sale!

When I first gave my gf The Mask Behind the Dream as a present little did I know how much she would fall in love with @averys gnomes. They all now play a major role in our game and I get constantly spammed with fanarts from my girlfriend :D And like the true gothic girl she is, she had to alter the designs a bit, to make them more creepy and dark haha230776-df5feb263d7a7ff294cfb260ee16432c.jpg
Hi sweethearts! :kaoluv: Check out my review of @EntangledPear's totally oldskool The Stuff Fairy Tales Are Made Of!
When you spend all day at work distracted by things you want to work on or try in your project and then by the time you get home, you are too mentally tired to concentrate so you just browse the forum instead and think of more things you won’t get to work on for a while.
Time to write some enemy behaviors, here's the stream link for those interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noru74