UncreativeMedia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I've been using the Yanfly Quest Journal System for a ''diary + objective tracker'' for my game.
This project however doesn't need any distinction between Main Quests or Side Quests.

I want it to be displayed as such:
  • Current Objective
  • Completed Objectives
  • Memories (seperate catagory, pages of lore)

Then I need the player to scroll through the 'Quests' without having to press the ''Side Quests'' or ''Main Quests '' tab.
(I don't mind if the Quests would all be the same type, as long as you don't have to open the section in red)

[Example 1]
I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the section circled in red, if I change ''show types'' to false, the quests disappear.

If I remove the types in the Quests themselves, they also disappear. [Example 2]

I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what. :C

Helpmeimg.png
Helpmeimg2.png

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you could try this little workaround:
Remove all the types except one, and rename it as you like, for example "Memories".

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a bug in the plugin.

Open it in a text editor and go to line 2914. Change the conditional to say:
Code:
if (type=='' || questData.type === type)

Save it, right-click the plugin in your plugin manager and Reload. Save the project, start a new playtest.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan Dang, I specifically checked your signature thread whether you already solved that problem and only then went debugging the plugin. And what do I see when I return to the thread with my results? The ninja has struck again!

UncreativeMedia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the quick response!
It now works perfectly, Thank you so much!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang, I specifically checked your signature thread whether you already solved that problem and only then went debugging the plugin. And what do I see when I return to the thread with my results? The ninja has struck again!
Yeah, I'd never heard of it before! It kind of amazes me, for how popular the Yanfly library is, how many significant bugs there are that don't get publicly mentioned for years.

Just to note for anyone else who sees this thread, there are apparently different versions of this plugin, both marked 1.02. The change you need to make might be on line 2910.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've never felt prouder of my little game!! *o*
DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurpleClouds