RMMV YEP, Ramza_Dualwield, & Ramza_BlockChance Compatibility Issue (Probably my fault) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmtexas01

Unbreakable Bond
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently utilizing RMMV, YEP plugins, and I just bought Ramza_Dualwield & Ramza_Blockchance plugins (which are awesome btw), and it's causing my game to crash whenever an enemy pokes at me. I'm like 99% certain it's the order of my plugins as they're mixed w/various YEP plugins. For the most part, I followed Ramza's tips (unless I overlooked something) when inserting them into the plugin list. Screenshots provided for the Crash, and the Plugin Order 1 - 4, from top to bottom. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• UB Crash.jpg
    UB Crash.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 3
  • UB Plugins.jpg
    UB Plugins.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 3
  • UB Plugins 2.jpg
    UB Plugins 2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 2
  • UB Plugins 3.jpg
    UB Plugins 3.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 2
  • UB Plugins 4.jpg
    UB Plugins 4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.

The error seems to be pointing to the stat allocation plugin. Given the line from the block plugin it references in the error stack, as well as the name of the function being called form stat allocation, I can assume it has something to do with how I've defined block chance as xparam(10).

The line it shows from block chance in the error is actually the line where it defines it, so it would appear that the statallocation plugin is trying to see how many times each xparam has been upgraded, including blk, but since it only expects 10 xparams, it ends up trying to pull from element 11 in that array for block rate, and crashes.

I tried briefly to duplicate this crash on my end, but I can't, and I expect it's because your setup of the stat allocation plugin is different than the default. I think if you look around line 992 in the stat allocation plugin, you will find a line that looks something like this:
this._xparamAllocationTimes[classId] = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0];
If you change it to have 11 elements instead of 10, I think it'll probably stop this crash.
this._xparamAllocationTimes[classId] = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0];

Your plugin order seems to be correct, at least as far as what plugins mine should be loading after. I tried to look at the yanfly ones to see if maybe they were out of order, but my eyes kind of glazed over. lol.

Anyways, give that a try and see if we can cause a different error after ;)

edit:
My reading comprehension is bad today. Good news, though. I could duplicate the problem once I actually noticed you said the crash happens when enemies hit you. And even better news is that the fix I said might work, actually does work. Your version of the statallocation plugin is newer than mine, so the line numbers aren't the same between yours and mine, but change that one array to add an extra element, and it should work.

Last edited:

jcmtexas01

Unbreakable Bond
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ramza,

You're a beast as always, thanks!

This has been [SOLVED]

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.
Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelears