tonytank1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd like to create a combat system where melee attacks are only available in the front row and cannot attack the back row of the enemy (unless the front row is clear). I found the YEP Row Formation plugin which appears to accomplish just that but I am but it is for MV and I'm using MZ. I'm basically afraid it'll break everything.

Is there a plugin equivalent for MZ? Thanks

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Most of the YEP plugins have been reworked as part of the VisuStella library. Check out the list and see if what you're after is included in the core files (sample game) or in a paid tier.

tonytank1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]

Most of the YEP plugins have been reworked as part of the VisuStella library. Check out the list and see if what you're after is included in the core files (sample game) or in a paid tier.
That's the first thing that I did. I also looked through the features of Battle Core to check if it was integrated in there. Then I went through Hudell's master MZ plugin list. I found nothing that expands on the concept of front row/ back row strategy so I figured I'd post here to see if I missed something.

I think this kind of plugin would make a great addition to MZ. If it is not available, I'll maybe try YEP's plugin in my MZ project but I'll most likely go back to using tried-and-true MV for this project.

zelanius

Mechanics Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@tonytank1, were you able to get the plugin working in MZ? If not, maybe can submit a suggestion to VistuStella to port it over via their plugin suggestion form:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The row formation plugin works in MZ using FOSSIL

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am not sure if it would work if you have VisuStella's TPB or ATB set up, as row formation depends on the YEP Battle Engine Core, which is incompatible with VisuStella MZ's TPB and ATB battle systems.

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The row formation plugin works in MZ using FOSSIL
Definitely works using standalone fossil, but combining with VS doesn't. I was bummed out too =/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?
My friend just gave me chocolate milk at lunch today! My day is now 1000x better. Yay, choco milky!! :kaojoy:
RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasciturus