masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site.
I will be very quick and straight to the point. Yesterday I installed the row formation plug in by Yanfly and now I have 2 major "problems" that i can't solve.
1: The step in animation of battlers is skipped (battlers just spawn in their home position, and if a battler is added midbattle it will spawn there without the step in motion). I want to have it even if i use the row plug in, is it possible?
2: Probably is my ignorance here, but i would like to be able that melee attacks can only reach the 1st raw. But even if i put my battlers on the 2nd or 3rd row they get hit anyway by the enemy attacks (even if i put the notetag <row only: 1> in the skill (attack) notetag).

I hope you can help me with this, I am completely ignorant about java script programing, i am sure there is a way to do what i want with that but i wonder if i messed up some settings or there is just some kind of plugin command or notetags that can help with that.
Thank you so much!!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you need yanfly target core in order to restrict attacks to rows. I don’t know about the step in issue you’re having

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just tried the plugin as well and having the same issues with targeting and rows. You need Selection control but I still have not got it working properly.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
I just tried the plugin as well and having the same issues with targeting and rows. You need Selection control but I still have not got it working properly.
Thank you so much everyone. How about the step in motion? Can anyone help me with that? It’s the most important thing I want to do for now as I need it for a cutscene: basically there is a battler in the 3rd row in the beginning then the other 3 party members rush in to the first row. I modified a plugin script line as it was:

Sprite_Actor.prototype.moveToStartPosition = function() {
if (BattleManager._bypassMoveToStartLocation) return;
if ($gameSystem.isSideView() && this._checkAliveStatus) {
this.startMove(300, 0, 0);
}

now it’s just:

Sprite_Actor.prototype.moveToStartPosition = function() {
this.startMove(300, 0, 0);
};

It worked somehow the sprites come running to the battlefield but they stop in the wrong places.

I hope someone can help me! Thank you again!!

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are already using Yanfly plugins, you might try this tip and tricks guide for dramatic entry. It shows how to use action sequencing to stage pre-battle movement when the battle scene begins. This might help you with the step in motion you are working on.

Edit: and @Icenick is right, it's target selection plugin that you need. When using it with yanfly row formation, there is an option to for setting front row to melee that is default false, I think you need to set it to true, and then use the proper notebox comments on the skill to get that working properly.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
If you are already using Yanfly plugins, you might try this tip and tricks guide for dramatic entry. It shows how to use action sequencing to stage pre-battle movement when the battle scene begins. This might help you with the step in motion you are working on.

Edit: and @Icenick is right, it's target selection plugin that you need. When using it with yanfly row formation, there is an option to for setting front row to melee that is default false, I think you need to set it to true, and then use the proper notebox comments on the skill to get that working properly.
Thank you so much! I've already fixed the target issue.

Still, even if i fixed the the running into the battle thing, the rows are all screwed and the battlers all stop in random spots (They don't stop in their normal row position). Do you have any idea of the reason?

Thank you again!

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will probably have to tweak the the position settings in the row formation options. You'll really just have to play around with them till you get it looking how you want. Depending on where your battle status window is, and the screen resolution, you'll want to get it to fit your needs.

Now I'm not sure how you are getting the actors to move around on the screen, but if you're using action sequencing, then moving the specific actor back to its home position should put it where it should start the battle, according to row formation position settings.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
You will probably have to tweak the the position settings in the row formation options. You'll really just have to play around with them till you get it looking how you want. Depending on where your battle status window is, and the screen resolution, you'll want to get it to fit your needs.

Now I'm not sure how you are getting the actors to move around on the screen, but if you're using action sequencing, then moving the specific actor back to its home position should put it where it should start the battle, according to row formation position settings.
So you think i should use the action sequence packs to make this cutscene?
Because what I did (And i guess is a noob way to do that) was just removing all the actors from the party but 1, then add the actors to the party again one by one after some texts during the battle(so running all the events in the troop menu).

But I think using the action sequence pack is way more efficent isn't it?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you think i should use the action sequence packs to make this cutscene?
Because what I did (And i guess is a noob way to do that) was just removing all the actors from the party but 1, then add the actors to the party again one by one after some texts during the battle(so running all the events in the troop menu).

But I think using the action sequence pack is way more efficent isn't it?
I have always had issues getting battle events to work with the troops tab, so for me, it is easier to use action sequencing. You should watch the tutorial video in that link I posted and see what you think.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
I have always had issues getting battle events to work with the troops tab, so for me, it is easier to use action sequencing. You should watch the tutorial video in that link I posted and see what you think.
Thank you so much for your support again T_T
I tried but if i do force action you'll see the four party member coming in all together and the run the common event with the skill... Any idea how i can fix it? T_T

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well you could try setting the particular actor to invisible with:

opacity actor X: 0%, 1

where 'X' is the actor ID. The '0%' will make them invisible and the ' , 1' is for how many frames to do it.

Just remember to change the opacity back to 100% when you want them to appear

So if you follow the tutorial, when you first enter into the battle, the screen should be dark. So you'll want to change the opacity of the actor to 0% before you tint the screen so that it is no longer black.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other

where 'X' is the actor ID. The '0%' will make them invisible and the ' , 1' is for how many frames to do it.

So if you follow the tutorial, when you first enter into the battle, the screen should be dark. So you'll want to change the opacity of the actor to 0% before you tint the screen so that it is no longer black.
Hello again!
Thank you so much for your help, you saved my life!
I could solve the problem of the walk in motion, took me a while tho.

Still i don't get how i can make an enemy unselectable. I downloaded the targer seletion plugin and set a condition on my attack skill like this:
<Select Conditions>
Not State: Unselectable
</Select Conditions>
<target action>
move user: target, FRONT BASE
motion wait: user
wait for animation
perform action
wait for animation
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
death break
<\target action>

I also tried with: Not State: 11 (The state ID)
but it didn't work

Of course the enemy has the state in the traits.

Sorry to bother you again!!

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other

After some hours i finally got a cutscene that I really like!! Thank you so much for all your help and sorry i bothered you so much! I'm still new in the rpg maker world >//<

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again!
Thank you so much for your help, you saved my life!
I could solve the problem of the walk in motion, took me a while tho.

Still i don't get how i can make an enemy unselectable. I downloaded the targer seletion plugin and set a condition on my attack skill like this:
<Select Conditions>
Not State: Unselectable
</Select Conditions>
<target action>
move user: target, FRONT BASE
motion wait: user
wait for animation
perform action
wait for animation
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
death break
<\target action>

I also tried with: Not State: 11 (The state ID)
but it didn't work

Of course the enemy has the state in the traits.

Sorry to bother you again!!
I notice you say the enemy has the state in the traits, but that is for resistance to states, unless I am misunderstanding you.

You have to add the state to the enemy while in the battle scene. One way would be to use a passive skills plugin, this way you can have the enemy begin the battle with the state added as a passive skill. Or you would just need some way to inflict the state on the enemy. Whatever works best for what you're trying to achieve.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
I notice you say the enemy has the state in the traits, but that is for resistance to states, unless I am misunderstanding you.

You have to add the state to the enemy while in the battle scene. One way would be to use a passive skills plugin, this way you can have the enemy begin the battle with the state added as a passive skill. Or you would just need some way to inflict the state on the enemy. Whatever works best for what you're trying to achieve.
That is something i figured out later after hours of trying and getting mad at the pc xD
anyway now i have another problem... with 2 battles cutscenes I made before this one. Of course they changed and something is

When you add a battler during a battle, the battler that you added is not in the right position (same problem of before).

That dramatic entry thing is really usefull if you want a battler to be there from the beginning, but if you want to add a battler in midbattle you have to use the command "modify party members" and add him, right? I also tried with common events and action sequence events but it seems i can't get it right...
Any idea?

without plug ins when you add a battlers he goes just right to his place, if the row plug in is active this Is not happening anymore...

Anyway i still don't understand why rowformation plugin screws the home position....

Mistery!

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing I can think of is when you add the battler, go ahead and set his X,Y position to be whatever it should be with the row formation plugin. If that doesn't work, then I really don't know. We are moving beyond what I know how to do, sorry.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
The only thing I can think of is when you add the battler, go ahead and set his X,Y position to be whatever it should be with the row formation plugin. If that doesn't work, then I really don't know. We are moving beyond what I know how to do, sorry.
do you mean using an individual battler position plug in like kadokawa’s one?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean I think you can use action sequencing to tell an actor to go to a specific x,y coordinate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well that was three hours of work down the drain, because GIMP froze and I forgot to save anything.
for who interested in a example boilerplate pixijs with snowpack , i made a branch with pixijs .
Web and Desktop, nwjs is not required.
https://github.com/nwutils/SnowPack-nw/tree/PixiJs
I definitely give up Parcel bundler !
I wonder how many amazing games from the Completed Game/Games In Development forums that I just passed only because of an uninteresting title.

Doing more paralaxing. It isn't much, but it looks a lot less blocky now :)
aww these times when you feel alone, abandonned and lack the self awareness you don't even read anymore your favorite of all forum. Sorry all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SauloDaniel