Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

My project has a Front and Back row. Basic Attacks cannot be used in the Back row.

There are two types of weapons in the project: Melee and Ranged. All of the Ranged weapons replace you Basic Attack with a Skill via http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Weapon_Unleash_(YEP)

Ideally, the Actor should not be able to use certain Skills while in the Back row, unless they have a Ranged weapon equipped. I do not see a way to stipulate this via the plug-in, but maybe there is a lunatic script that does this?

Another option: Actor's with Melee Weapons equipped cannot be placed in the Back Row. I see a <Row Lock> command, but is there a way to couple this with forcing the actor into the Front row?

Thanks for any assistance =)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ideally, the Actor should not be able to use certain Skills while in the Back row, unless they have a Ranged weapon equipped. I do not see a way to stipulate this via the plug-in, but maybe there is a lunatic script that does this?
You can give your skill up to two required weapon types, so they can only select it if they're wielding that kind of weapon. If you want the skill to be, say, only usable with a sword in the front row but only usable with a bow in the back row, that's a bit more complicated...off the top of my head, I would say make two versions of the skill with the same name but requiring each type of weapon. Then give your row states a Custom Apply and Custom Remove effect that checks to see if the actor has that skill, makes them forget it, and then gives them the other version.
Another option: Actor's with Melee Weapons equipped cannot be placed in the Back Row. I see a <Row Lock> command, but is there a way to couple this with forcing the actor into the Front row?
You could put a passive state on your weapons that forces them into the front row when they equip it. However, the Row Lock, according to the documentation, only functions as a notetag. There are no plugin commands or JavaScript calls to lock or unlock rows during the game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utotsu