Not open for further replies.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using three main plugins by Yanfly that currently aren't working right: Row Formation, Target Core, and Selection Control. These plugins were explicitly made to be compatible. I tried to make sure they are in the right order and all other non-relevant plugins were turned off. Selection Control is functioning to some extent, but overall the Target Core and Selection Control plugins aren't working. I tested in both a new test game and in battle tests.

One, I specified that certain enemies are in row 1 or 2, such as with the tag: <Default Row: 1>

Two, I gave an enemy a skill that targets an ally, and I used "Row x Only" in the specified Select Conditions tags, such as:

<Select Conditions>
Row 2 Only
</Select Conditions>

The problem is that the enemy still attacked him/herself. For example, an elf "enemy" is in row 2, and can only attack row 1. However, she still attacks herself. (This is for Selection Control.)

Edit: I originally tried using states. Each team has its own state. For example:

<Select Conditions>
Not State: 140
</Select Conditions>

This should prevent a character with that state from being targeted. It didn't work either.

Three, I made sure some enemies use a skill that targets all allies (or even one target ally), and I restrict the target to all allies in a certain ally row, such as with:

<Target: Ally Row 2>

The problem is that the skill is targeting all allies including the character using the skill, which is in row 1.

What I am trying to do is be able to have enemies be in a couple different teams for some battles, or to have some friendly "enemies" in some battles. (This is for Target Core.)

I attached images of the plugin list, and some relevant characters and skills.

I also tried disabling either selection control or target core, and they still won't work.

Any idea what I am doing wrong, or what might help?

Edit: I have the most up to date version of RPG Maker MV.

I have the 1.15 version of Selection Control.

I have the 1.16 version of Row Formation.

selectioncontrol.jpg
selectioncontrol01.jpg
selectioncontrol03.jpg

Last edited:

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any ideas about this?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, interesting find...there is actually specific code that disables row limitations for skills that target allies.

I have no idea why this is, but it's right there.

So, open up the Selection Control plugin with a text editor, go to line 1406, and comment it out (put // at the beginning of the line).

If you like, you can do the same thing for the select row max and min functions below by commenting out lines 1412 and 1418.

Save, reload the plugin in your manager, start a new playtest...should do the trick.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, interesting find...there is actually specific code that disables row limitations for skills that target allies.

I have no idea why this is, but it's right there.

So, open up the Selection Control plugin with a text editor, go to line 1406, and comment it out (put // at the beginning of the line).

If you like, you can do the same thing for the select row max and min functions below by commenting out lines 1412 and 1418.

Save, reload the plugin in your manager, start a new playtest...should do the trick.
Thanks for looking into it!

Does target core also have the same issue?

Edit: It is working, thanks!

The target control plugin still isn't working, and I suspect it has a similar issue and might have a similar solution.

Last edited:

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The target control plugin is what I hope to use for area of effect skills. I want enemies on team A (in row 1) to only use attack magic that would usually attack all heroes against all enemies on team B (in row 2), for example. That would be the opposing team.

According to the target core plugin, <Target: Ally Row 2> should be a way to this, but it isn't working.

Does the plugin have something stopping this from happening similar to Selection Control? Target ally row seems quite specific already...

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, it doesn't appear to.

Last edited:

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly.Target.Window_Help_specialSelectionText = Window_Help.prototype.specialSelectionText; Window_Help.prototype.specialSelectionText = function(action) { BattleManager.resetSelection(); if (!action) return false; if (action.item().customTargetText !== '') return true; if (action.isForRowif (target.isActor() === this.subject().isActor()) return true; return Yanfly.Target.Window_Help_specialSelectionText.call(this, action);

This looks like it has an identical line, but I guess you are saying it is not the same problem.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you get that code? My version 1.05 of the Target Core doesn't have it.

For that matter, it's incorrect code, the way it has action.isForRowif all blended together, that shouldn't run at all.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan

It starts at line 869 of version 1.05.

I think something wrong happened when I tried to do a find, and replaced some of the code:

Yanfly.Target.Window_Help_specialSelectionText = Window_Help.prototype.specialSelectionText; Window_Help.prototype.specialSelectionText = function(action) { BattleManager.resetSelection(); if (!action) return false; if (action.item().customTargetText !== '') return true; if (action.isForRow()) return true; return Yanfly.Target.Window_Help_specialSelectionText.call(this, action);

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There ya go, that's what it's supposed to look like. As I said, I don't see anything in there that would cause your problems. Maybe someone else will see something I missed.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still hoping someone can figure out what is going on with the third issue I mentioned in the OP, which involves YEP Target Core.

I made sure some enemies use a skill that targets all allies (or even one target ally), and I restrict the target to all allies in a certain ally row... The problem is that the skill is targeting all allies including the character using the skill.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still hoping someone can figure out what is going on with the third issue I mentioned in the OP, which involves YEP Target Core.
I can't duplicate it. I made a project with just Row Formation, Target Core and Selection Control (which isn't needed for this, but just to check compatibility).

I made a healing skill with the scope All Allies, and gave it the notetag <Target: Ally Row 2>

Both actors and enemies using it from row 1 correctly heal everyone in row 2, not themselves.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't duplicate it. I made a project with just Row Formation, Target Core and Selection Control (which isn't needed for this, but just to check compatibility).

I made a healing skill with the scope All Allies, and gave it the notetag <Target: Ally Row 2>

Both actors and enemies using it from row 1 correctly heal everyone in row 2, not themselves.

I might have set up the action sequence wrong. Are you using target action or whole action?

Or target enemy or target all enemies?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might have set up the action sequence wrong. Are you using target action or whole action?
I'm not using any action sequence because your post doesn't say anything about action sequences.
Or target enemy or target all enemies?
I'm using the exact settings I detailed in my post. Thus, it has nothing to do with any enemies, according to what you asked for help with.

Are we talking about the same thing? You're asking about action sequences and enemies, and your question has to do with neither...I'm confused.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not using any action sequence because your post doesn't say anything about action sequences.

I'm using the exact settings I detailed in my post. Thus, it has nothing to do with any enemies, according to what you asked for help with.

Are we talking about the same thing? You're asking about action sequences and enemies, and your question has to do with neither...I'm confused.
I was using action sequences with it. I can try without the action sequence.

When using sideview battlers, action sequences often seem needed to show the skill being used correctly for enemies.

Edit: I did disable action sequences when I tested this a while back, though.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well that's an entire other can of worms (and, for future reference, would be valuable information to include in your original post, because so much can go wrong with action sequences :wink: ).

So I'd suggest stripping down to basics the way I described, see if that works correctly for you - if it does, then add your action sequence to the new project, see if it still works or breaks.

If it still works, then it would likely be some kind of plugin conflict in your original project and you can troubleshoot from there. If adding in the action sequence breaks it, then obviously something's wrong there and you can post that code for help.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well that's an entire other can of worms (and, for future reference, would be valuable information to include in your original post, because so much can go wrong with action sequences :wink: ).

So I'd suggest stripping down to basics the way I described, see if that works correctly for you - if it does, then add your action sequence to the new project, see if it still works or breaks.

If it still works, then it would likely be some kind of plugin conflict in your original project and you can troubleshoot from there. If adding in the action sequence breaks it, then obviously something's wrong there and you can post that code for help.

ATT_Turan,​

You helped me realize I was doing something wrong, so thanks for looking into the situation.

As I said, I did disable all plugins that are not needed.

Even so, I got it to work now! For some reason the note tags seem to have interfered. When I took the note tags out, it finally worked. I didn't know note tags could cause a problem when the corresponding plugins are disabled.

I just tested this with all the plugins back on and it's still working!

This post can be considered to be resolved at this point and it is because of your help.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration
grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.
The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fajar82