fjkv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I'm a beginner working on my first RPG Maker MV project and I've encountered a problem attempting to create a battle system with multiple rows. I'm trying to make a battle system with 5 rows where melee attacks target only the first row, and ranged attacks target only the back 4 rows. I'm trying to make 2 actors, one a melee attacker and one a ranged attacker.

So far I've restricted which rows skills are able to be used from, using Yanflys Row Formation plugin:

(e.g. <Row Only: 1> in SKILL notetag)

then I used Yanfly's Selection Control plugin to specify which enemy rows are targetable:

(e.g. <Select Conditions> Row 1 Only </Select Conditions> in SKILL notetag)

Everything works great until there are no enemies left in the row an Actor would usually select, for example if an Actor with a melee attack has no enemies left in the first row, ALL their skills (including those with no selection conditions, including 'guard' and 'wait') become grayed out/unselectable. (Skills all have no cost, are certain hit, scope 1 enemy) Conversely if a Actor with a ranged attack has no enemies left in the back row(s) (only enemies in row 1) ALL their attacks are similarly unselectable. Switching the actors row through the row menu at this point to a row outside of their row attack range will allow 'wait' to be used.

Any thoughts/experience with similar issues? Any help would be appreciated it's got me pretty stumped. Thanks for your time!

My plugin list is as follows:
YEP- Core Engine
YEP- Battle Core
YEP- Action Sequence 1-3
YEP- Animated SV Enemies
YEP-X Battle System STB
YEP-X TurnOrderDisplay
YEP-X VisualHPGauge
YEP- BattleAI Core
YEP- Target Core
YEP-X Selection Control
YEP- Skill Core
YEP- Weapon Unleash
YEP- Equip Core
YEP- Enhanced TP
YEP- Row Formation

I have made the following changes to the Selection Control Plugin Parameters
single multiple = false
disperse damage = true
actor or enemy select = false
physical front row = false
physical weapon range = false
default weapon range = false
(the rest unchanged)

TLDR - Can't use any skills when no alive enemies in actors row attack range - thx

Last edited:

KVG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having the same problem. Were you able to resolve this? Mine occurs when the enemies act before the actors, then the actors have their attack and guard greyed out. Turning off the Selection Control plugin fixes the issue, but means that melee can now attack any row once they're in their appropriate row.

KVG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have also found that the issue seems to be caused by using the "Row x Only" or "Row x Max" tags in the skill. If you instead use "Front Row Only" for example, the problem is eliminated. That isn't a full solution however, as then enemies in row x can hit your front-most ally, whether or not they're in the Row 1.

1 2 3 | _ b c

Using "Row 1 Only" would mean enemies couldn't use that skill against actors b and c.

However, "Front Row Only" means they could use that skill against Actor B.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridge36000