YEP SideView Enemies "Cannot read property 'height' of undefined" SOLUTION

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Shaz, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are at least 6 people who currently have this issue, who have open threads or have contributed to open threads on this forum. I don't want to go through and search for every single one, and some of them are a few months old now and I'm not going to necropost.

If you are having this error, it is very likely because your core files are old. VERY old.

Someone gave me a new project with just the required plugins to test with (for which I am very grateful), and the core files in that project were from version 1.0.0 - the very first MV. This means this person has either never updated MV, the project was created with the first version and has never been updated, even though MV itself may have been updated, or the person has a "template" project that is used whenever he/she wants to start a new project. In either case, the core files (the default .js files) were an old version and not compatible with this plugin. I suspect everyone else who is having this issue is also using an older version of core scripts with their project.

It looks like 1.3.1 is the earliest version (that I have) that has the necessary property for this plugin (though that may still be too old for other reasons). The rpg_core.js file has the version at the top, like this:
    Code:
    //=============================================================================
    // rpg_core.js v1.3.1
    //=============================================================================

If your rpg_core.js does not have a line like that, then you are using 1.0.0 from the very first MV.

When you take an MV update, you are ONLY updating the engine. NEW projects you create from that point onwards will have the latest core files, but OLD projects that you created previously will still have the old version core files. You must update them manually!

The MV Update thread has steps that need to be followed when you take an MV update. They involve copying files and folders from the new MV into your existing projects. You need to do this even if you are on Steam and get updates automatically.

The other option is every time you get an MV update, you create a new project from that version, then copy over all files except the core files.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    matgraz and Nightblade50 like this.
  2. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for this.

3. matgraz

matgraz Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is very good information

4. OldDafada

OldDafada Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did everything as here, but now you receive this error "makeVideoPlayableInline is not defined"

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA