YEP Skill Mastery Levels – Have Skills Still Earn EXP Outside Of Battle?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, so I downloaded Skill Mastery Levels, but, according to the description, it appears that skills only level up in battle. This is fine for the most part, but I would prefer if my healing spells could still earn EXP on the map screen.

To my knowledge, there isn't any way to have this occur in the plugin itself or even in Lunatic Notetags. Could I get this to work via Scripts, or should I hunt for another Skill Mastery plugin?

Link: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Skill_Mastery_Levels_(YEP)

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this is old, but I was trying to do the same thing. I got it to work with script calls in a common event.

Code:
var intSkillUses;
var skillId;
skillId = 22;
intSkillUses = $gameActors.actor(1).skillMasteryUses(skillId);
$gameActors.actor(1).setSkillMasteryUses(skillId, intSkillUses + 1);
This increases the skill uses by 1, and skill Mastery Level will increase automatically once the requisite uses are filled.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this is old, but I was trying to do the same thing. I got it to work with script calls in a common event.

Code:
var intSkillUses;
var skillId;
skillId = 22;
intSkillUses = $gameActors.actor(1).skillMasteryUses(skillId);
This increases the skill uses by 1, and skill Mastery Level will increase automatically once the requisite uses are filled.
Omg, thank you! Now I can use this plugin w/ LTBS!:kaopride:
Now to deal w/ the 999 other incompatibilities...

Edit: Hmm, should probably figure out a way to get the skillID dynamically so we don't have to create a common event for every skill/spell... Btw, I think your code can be condensed down this:
JavaScript:
var skillId = 22;
var intSkillUses = $gameActors.actor(1).skillMasteryUses(skillId);

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lobsterknees