Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoping I can get some assistance on this one. Using Yanfly's Class Change Core and Subclass, I've been able to almost perfectly mimic the job system of Dragon Quests VI and VII, with one glaring flaw.

Jobs (known as Vocations in DQVI and DQVII) don't level in the traditional sense. Instead, they start at rank 1 and increase to a max of rank 8 based on how many battles you've won against enemies of an appropriate strength, with different vocations ranking up at different speeds. So, it could take a Warrior 8 battles to hit rank 2, but a Mage needs 11 battles to reach rank 2. That said, I'm requesting either an addition to the Subclass plugin, or a separate plugin if necessary, that simply adds in two things:

1. The option to boost subclass level through number of fights completed as opposed to experience gained, like with a <To Level #: x> notetag if that would work.

2. A way to set up level ranges to denote when enemies will progress subclass growth. For example, maybe plugin parameters where you tie a level range to a category, then an accompanying notetag to add to enemies to tie them to one or more categories.

Thanks you to anyone who happens to look at this.

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump because I completely changed the thread contents of what this used to be. Talk about repurposing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk