Yep Target Core and Variables.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by atreyoauron, Jul 22, 2017.

1. atreyoauron

atreyoauron Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi.
    I'm trying to create some sort of multicast skill, that uses multiple random targets as it's scope by using the Target Core plugin.

Let's say that i have a skill called "Multi-Fire" and another one called "Double Cast", which Multi-fire is only accesible with the Skill Extender plugin (SRD_SkillExtender).

Also there would be more versions of Double Cast skill, which would increase the number of times that multi-fire is casted.
    Example: "Double Cast", "Quadra Cast" etc.

So what i was trying to do was to use variables and the note tag "<Target: Target x Random Foes>", for each multi casting skill so it would react properly.
    Example:
    If Double Cast is used, then Multi-fire would hit two random enemies.
    if Quadra Cast is used, then multi-fire would hit four random enemies.

So what i want to know how to use variables and this notetags together (i don't know if this is possible anyway) or get some easy way to create this multicasting thing.

Here is how the spells interact with each other.
    [​IMG]

Here is what i tried:
    [​IMG]

So, if there is a way to make it work or an easy way to create a multicasting thing for a base skill, i would apreciate it. :)

2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately, notetags don't work this way.
    <Target: Target x random foes> is a simple eval. The plugin looks only for this notetag, ignoring the if thingies.
    If you want to create custom conditions for targeting, you need to use lunatic mode and create a javascript code inside <Custom target eval> </Custom target eval>. There is a help to how to use this command on Yanfly's website.

3. atreyoauron

atreyoauron Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, i see...

Well, thing is, i'm kinda new to this stuff and i barely understand javascript.
    If someone could give me an example of how it would work in the Target Core plugin, i would try to work on it myself, i just don't have any idea where to start.