Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german, english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
Not sure how many of you are using the YEP turn order display. It works fine but optics are semi. It is using the face image and transforms it down to a 32x32, at least thats my guess since you can also use a note command to select icons (which are 32x32). Of course they don't look very nice compared to the rest of the graphics. It gets worse if you use an enemy sprite and try to transform it to 32x32 to smash it into the icon-file. Did anyone have these issues and found a good solution? Is there perhaps a different plugin that works well with YEP?

View attachment 245938

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What exactly are you asking for?

If you just want to change it to use pictures of a different size, that should be a pretty minor edit. But then you conclude by asking about an entirely different plugin, so what do you want to achieve?

There's also a turn order display by Olivia that is slightly fancier graphically, but it has no customization so you like it that way or you don't use it.

Blackfield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german, english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What exactly are you asking for?

If you just want to change it to use pictures of a different size, that should be a pretty minor edit. But then you conclude by asking about an entirely different plugin, so what do you want to achieve?

There's also a turn order display by Olivia that is slightly fancier graphically, but it has no customization so you like it that way or you don't use it.
Well the best option would be that I can use the YEP plugin since it works fine. I just thought that if it is too complicated to adjust that, a different plugin might do the job.

btw: Do you ever not work? I'm not here often but most of the times I search for things you are the one answering stuff. Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for that :)

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well the best option would be that I can use the YEP plugin since it works fine. I just thought that if it is too complicated to adjust that
So, to clarify the clarification - are you asking to change the size of the icons?

You're welcome. I just hate all other social media these days, so when I'm not actively doing something I'm poking around here :guffaw:

Blackfield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german, english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, to clarify the clarification - are you asking to change the size of the icons?

You're welcome. I just hate all other social media these days, so when I'm not actively doing something I'm poking around here :guffaw:
Yeah that is what I'm asking :D I know there is an option to change them in the plugin menu but that only scales up the scaled down 32x32 so thats not an option. Best would be if it would go to a different file or folder that stores the icons.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From looking quickly at the code, it looks like the Icon Size plugin parameter already does what you're asking in terms of the default actor face and enemy graphic.

Those both load the full size actor face and enemy image then size them down to whatever you set in the plugin parameters. So, generally, the larger that is the better they'll look.

The only time that anything gets sized up is if you specify it to use an icon with a notetag (because, of course, the icons are drawn at 32x32 in the first place).

It seems to me that if you simply change that plugin parameter and don't use icons, it should do exactly what you're asking. If you really don't want to use the actor faces and enemy images, you could get someone to code a new notetag that will load a different specific image file.

I'd just suggest you be clear and specific if that's what you decide to ask for :wink:

Blackfield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german, english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow you are right, so the scaling is just not so great in general. When I put it on 144x144 (1:1 face graphics) it looks cool... however thats way too big for a battle screen :D
It does take enemy pictures *but* the problem is that with dragon bones animations, it doesn't. Even if I put an enemy picture in the database. So the only way to do this is either using scaled down face graphics or icons (which is the basic problem). I guess for enemies I will just use an "E" from the icons and be fine with the scaled down faces.
1669627827214.png

...if you ever feel up to it, let me know. I'd be happy to have a better solution. Otherwise I'll roll with this or might even get rid of it at some point if people dislike the style.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see any code in the Turn Order plugin that looks for Dragonbones, so my bet is that it simply treats them as SV battlers.

If you want to test it out, copy an SV spritesheet and give it the same filename as one of your Dragonbones enemies, see if it gets loaded as the enemy icon.

If that doesn't do anything, it would require someone to dig into the Dragonbones plugin a bit (or someone who's worked with its code before).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol
The feeling when you finally found and killed that one gamebreaker that you could not really grasp before.:kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snotery