RMMV YEP Visual State Effects and AutoPassive States problem...

zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Visual_State_Effects_(YEP) and http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Auto_Passive_States_(YEP)

seem to have a very odd and unintended bug where if you use http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Actor_Party_Switch_(YEP),

any animations that where playing from a state on the character who was switched out, will play for a turn or so on the person who switches in. But I ONLY noticed this when the Passive states plugin was on. Otherwise the state animations go away when switching. Weirdest thing is I noticed it with states that aren't even passive to the original person who was switched out. They just so happen to play animations on the character.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before? I couldn't find anything about it though anywhere. Also if anyone would know why it might be happening, that'd be helpful too.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm... I've been puzzling on this for about an hour now...

Do you use YEP_AdvancedSwVar too? Then try this plugin command after you make the switch:
Code:
RefreshTroop

It is meant to re-load the vars and switches, but in many cases I had this solve other issues for me too, when a reload was needed.

I have not tested it yet, but it is worth the shot.

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm... I've been puzzling on this for about an hour now...

Do you use YEP_AdvancedSwVar too? Then try this plugin command after you make the switch:
Code:
RefreshTroop

It is meant to re-load the vars and switches, but in many cases I had this solve other issues for me too, when a reload was needed.

I have not tested it yet, but it is worth the shot.
I'll give this a shot as soon as I get a chance. can't hurt to try it.

EDIT: I tried it and unfortunately it isn't working quite right. What seems to be happening is the animation will take a bit to go away. and for some really strange reason, it'll reappear when the battle is over... on the switched on character lol. I have no idea what's going on at this point. I feel all of it is unintended weird problems that wouldn't occur under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BUMP...

Unfortunately nothing I've done or tried has fixed this issue. basically whenever I switch actor's, if the other one has an animation on them, the actor switched it will have it off and on. the only decent work-around I've found is telling the actor switch command to NOT be active when character's are inflicted with states that have <State Animation: X> notetags essentially. but I don't feel that's the best option in some cases (tho in some it's actually kind of makes sense you can't switch).

oh and I realize this also seems to happen with just the plain Party System plugin in general. even switching from the formation screen causes the animation to apply to the next actor until they act. and then reappear at the end of the battle.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to double check, are all of your plugins the latest version and in the order listed on the Yanfly Engine Library page?

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I took a look and outside of one or two plugins, everything was up to date and in the correct order according to the page. I updated the couple that weren't and it's still an issue. It makes me wonder what's up though as no one else has ever mentioned this and even I feel it's some unintended oversight that most wouldn't experience.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's possible. I don't know how many people use that specific combination of plugins.

zerobeat032

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah, I'm not sure myself how many are doing what I'm doing plugin-wise. I guess I'll either make it so you can't tag out during state's with state animations or see if I can figure out what's going on.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nugogo555