Yep Weapon Animation Default weapons

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by jamesaaang, Dec 26, 2018.

1. jamesaaang

jamesaaang Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,I'm new to using the Yep Weapon Animation plugin. I've searched online for a solution to the problem I'm having but can't seem to find one anywhere.
    I followed the video that Yanfly provides to show how to use the plug in to change the looks of your weapons http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/28/yep-63-weapon-animation/ here. I've followed everything to the T but when I load in either battle testing or even starting up the game and entering an encounter, the animation shows the default of that weapon type.

I've placed all of my weapon resources in the resource manager under the label img/weapons. In my plugins section under "Yep_WeaponAnimation" my image file path is img/weapons.

To further break down where I'm at, my character is going to start with a Stone dagger. Stone dagger is 1 in my weapon file "stone_weapons" out of the 12 different weapons that come on a weapon sheet. So I've entered <Weapon Image:stone_weapons: 1> and below that I've entered the weapon motion type which is <Weapon Motion: swing> .

I don't quite understand if I'm doing something wrong,but I've followed this video through for about 2 hours trying different variations and ideas people have had to make it work,but I'm only getting default weapon animations from this. Any help would be greatly appreciated and hopefully anyone that has the same problem can find a solution within this thread.

2. Zenny

Zenny Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin can be a little confusing at first. So with "Weapon Sheets" they need to be placed within img/system with the other "Weapon Sheets" By default there should already be 3 different sheets labeled "Weapons1, Weapons2, and Weapons3" So you will want to label your sheet "Weapons4" and so on, depending on how many you wish to add.

As he explains in his video each sheet contains 12 animation sets. Between the 3 default sheets that means there is a total of 36 animation sets. Labeling each animation 1-36. Adding your sheet in would then add another 12 animation sets, making for a total of 48 animation sets.

So for <Weapon Image: x> you would replace the X with the number of the newly added animation sets. This being that your sheet would start at numbers 37-48. As an example; <Weapon Image: 47> would then display a stone dagger.

Hopefully this helps and is not too confusing! If you need anymore help please feel free to ask!

Fornoreason1000 likes this.
  3. jamesaaang

jamesaaang Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Works perfect,thank you so much. I made a text document on the side to try and help me keep it organized (labeling which sheets are what weapons ((weapons4= swords,weapons5=axes,etc)) and also to help me keep track of which numbers will apply to which weapon sheet,up to weapon image 120. Im sure Ill add more in the future but its a start,thanks so much!

Zenny likes this.