Not open for further replies.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Yanfly

Hello Yanfly. I'm sorry to bother you, but after I updated the Message Core and Extended Message Pack 1 plugins to the latest version, my \autoevent[x] messages only display 1 row. I tried exchanging the commands to the \msgrows[auto] and got this error.

rpg_managers.js:1618 RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at Window_Message.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js:1323:59)
    at String.replace (native)
    at Window_Message.convertMessagePositions (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js:1323:17)
    at Window_Message.convertNameBox (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js:1182:17)
    at Window_Message.convertEscapeCharacters (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_MessageCore.js:1081:15)
    at Window_Message.Window_Base.getTextExHeight (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js:1009:31)
    at Window_Message.Window_Base.textHeightEx (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js:1003:17)
    at Window_Message.getFittedMessageRows (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js:1373:23)
    at Window_Message.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Fernando/Documents/Games/Projeto%20Zero/js/plugins/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js:1328:22)
    at String.replace (native)

WordWrap is set to FALSE by the way. Is it something I'm missing? Thanks for the help.

DCF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Plugin Name: YEP_AbsorptionBarrier

Error Message: n/a

How to Replicate Bug: With Clear Per Battle parameter set to YES the armor notetag below ineffective.

<Barrier Points: +100>

I've run the run a test by setting actor(1) to have starting equipment that grants +100 barrier points, ran playtest, entered a battle and typed the following code into the developer console.

$gameActors.actor(1).barrierPoints()

This returns 0 when Clear Per Battle parameter is set to YES and returns 100 when Clear Battle parameter is set to NO. I'm guessing the intention for the Clear Per Battle parameter is to set the starting barrier points to zero and then apply barrier points gained from armor at the start of the battle. I have not tested this with the same notetag on actor/class/enemy/weapon/state.

CobraA1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
DCF: So that's why my tags were ineffective! I've been banging my head on that :(.

Vandeliar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly,

First off, Thank you very much for this hard work in our Plugins.

You bring the RPG Maker Games in ah whole new era for all of us :D

About your Plugins, when is the Clickable Picture Plugin ready ? I know there is someone, who created it, but i want to use only Yanfly Products in my Game ^^.

Because i only wait for this awesome thing to create my Character Screens and Evented Titlescreen.

lilcooldude69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey yanfly it's LCD again did you ever get around checking out the bug I posted earlier about motion notetags not changing the enemies stance when you put it in the database. Sorry if I'm being annoying or anything you seem super busy with this thread I almost feel bad posting. The bugged plugin was animated enemies. 

Corniflex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Will you do the same for the skill learn system ?

I would love to see skill tree for that system too BD

The problem with making a tree with the Skill Learn System is that it will never be nice for everyone :

Skill can require class level, other skill, item, switch, etc... And if you add level to skill you can also have a skill requiring another skill at a specific level.

It won't be possible to merge every type of requirement into a tree like I did for the classes. (Because classes have only 1 type of requirement so it's easier).

The only thing I can think of is the same tree than the class tree, without the level requirements.

But I don't see how you could add the class level requirement to this tree (apart from being displayed in the right panel of course).

And to make it worse, on the picture I had 45 classes. This is a huge number of classes but not so huge for skills.

The tree would be burdened and it would require a lot of management in the database to make it appear nice.

At least if we could have different lists/trees by skill type for the Skill Learn window it would be far lighter.

But now that I wrote and thought a bit about it, you made me want to try. :p

Woot, so cool!!

I hope Yanfly will put this on her website or put that tweak directly in her plugon because that's pretty cool :D

I'm totally ok with merging my modifications with the scripts on the website !

So @Yanfly, feel free to do what you want with my changes. :p

By the way, I updated my version of View attachment YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js with the 1.07 update !

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
ok, i had the plugin at the very bottim of my list, and it was overlapping like that, now i moved it up, still having an issue, but it's when i have it above YEP_SkillCore, it doesnt show up at all. I put it right below it, and it's still having the overlapping issue.

Is there maybe just a way to stop that enemy emerging window from showing?

I do experience something similar.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@Corniflex

The only thing I can think of is the same tree than the class tree, without the level requirements.

But I don't see how you could add the class level requirement to this tree (apart from being displayed in the right panel of course).

In pro game they just write the required level on the arrows, example :

untold1.jpg

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly

Hello Yanfly. I'm sorry to bother you, but after I updated the Message Core and Extended Message Pack 1 plugins to the latest version, my \autoevent[x] messages only display 1 row. I tried exchanging the commands to the \msgrows[auto] and got this error.

Hidden Content

WordWrap is set to FALSE by the way. Is it something I'm missing? Thanks for the help.

Thanks, I'll get this fixed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdo28qk7zb1evof/YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.js?dl=0

Plugin Name: YEP_AbsorptionBarrier

Error Message: n/a

How to Replicate Bug: With Clear Per Battle parameter set to YES the armor notetag below ineffective.

<Barrier Points: +100>

I've run the run a test by setting actor(1) to have starting equipment that grants +100 barrier points, ran playtest, entered a battle and typed the following code into the developer console.

$gameActors.actor(1).barrierPoints()

This returns 0 when Clear Per Battle parameter is set to YES and returns 100 when Clear Battle parameter is set to NO. I'm guessing the intention for the Clear Per Battle parameter is to set the starting barrier points to zero and then apply barrier points gained from armor at the start of the battle. I have not tested this with the same notetag on actor/class/enemy/weapon/state.

Fixed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cpwyqp3yryczac/YEP_AbsorptionBarrier.js?dl=0

Hey yanfly it's LCD again did you ever get around checking out the bug I posted earlier about motion notetags not changing the enemies stance when you put it in the database. Sorry if I'm being annoying or anything you seem super busy with this thread I almost feel bad posting. The bugged plugin was animated enemies. 

Yes, I had it posted last night: http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/13/plugin-updates-111/

The problem with making a tree with the Skill Learn System is that it will never be nice for everyone :

Skill can require class level, other skill, item, switch, etc... And if you add level to skill you can also have a skill requiring another skill at a specific level.

It won't be possible to merge every type of requirement into a tree like I did for the classes. (Because classes have only 1 type of requirement so it's easier).

And to make it worse, on the picture I had 45 classes. This is a huge number of classes but not so huge for skills.

The tree would be burdened and it would require a lot of management in the database to make it appear nice.

At least if we could have different lists/trees by skill type for the Skill Learn window it would be far lighter.

But now that I wrote and thought a bit about it, you made me want to try. :p

I'm totally ok with merging my modifications with the scripts on the website !

So @Yanfly, feel free to do what you want with my changes. :p

By the way, I updated my version of View attachment 31744 with the 1.07 update !

If anything, I'll leave a link to your post. :)  Personally, I'm going to keep class trees and skill trees out of the picture for now, since there's too many ways people want to customize those trees. In my opinion, using an algorithm to calculate them can take up a lot of processing power, which is generally problematic for mobile and web. D: Though, if it's for PC, that's fine then~

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks like the message issue I've faced has been resolved.

Oh and you can resize the messages for escape and the like. I even made a modifcation to remove the escape message on escaping.

A good thing about you as well is that for those who want to learn to code, your plugins are relatively easy to read.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Yanfly,

I just wanted to say. Thank you for going through the trouble of combining the icon sheets for us. I am truly grateful. :D

Have a nice day! :)

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Yanfly.

I have a little problem with Tips & Tricks - Zed's Death Mark - RPG Maker MV

When the enemy dies from the effect of the mark, his battle isnt cleared. It stays there, but dead. :/

I was realy looking forward to use it my game. Do you perharps know a solution?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Yanfly,

did you plan make a quest system?

No. At least, not any time soon.

Hello Yanfly.

I have a little problem with Tips & Tricks - Zed's Death Mark - RPG Maker MV

When the enemy dies from the effect of the mark, his battle isnt cleared. It stays there, but dead. :/

I was realy looking forward to use it my game. Do you perharps know a solution?

What do you mean? His "battle" isn't cleared doesn't explain much for me. Can you be specific and/or use screenshots?

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Absorption Barrier:

There appear to be a few issues I've found.

First:

The 1 turn fix applied to Battle Core, recently, doesn't effect the turns of barriers. To get them to last 1 turn, their durations need to be set to 2. (I assume this is only an issue if tick times states/buffs are used)

Note: If set to 1 turn, the barrier will apply, but immediately get removed.

Second:

I am not sure about all the lunatic mode tags, but this fails to work:

16_0214_barrier_issues_1.JPG

While this works fine:

16_0214_barrier_issues_1b.JPG

Again, thanks for your time. :)

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. At least, not any time soon.

What do you mean? His "battle" isn't cleared doesn't explain much for me. Can you be specific and/or use screenshots?

Sorry. Broken english. Perharps this will clarify: (It happens only when killed by the Death Mark damage)

t9AqF6f.png

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi,
i make a chain lightning skill that jump between targets
it show animation on their basic skill target then show on all chain targets and show damage on all targets
and i want to show animation + damage on every damaging target separately
What i need to change in my code?

Skill Notetag:

<Post-Damage Eval>
var jumps = 2;
var chainRate = 0.5;

jumps = Math.min($gameTroop.aliveMembers().length - 1, jumps);
var targets = [];
for (var i=0;i< $gameTroop.members().length;i++){
 if($gameTroop.members() === target){

targets.push(i); 

break;

}

}

for (var i=0; i < jumps; i++){

var chainTarget = Math.floor(Math.random() * $gameTroop.members().length);

while(targets.contains(chainTarget) || $gameTroop.members()[chainTarget].isStateAffected(1)){

chainTarget = Math.floor(Math.random() * $gameTroop.members().length);

}

targets.push(chainTarget); 

value *= chainRate;

var actionArgs = [];

actionArgs.push('enemy '+chainTarget);

BattleManager.actionAnimation(76, actionArgs);

BattleManager.actionWaitForAnimation();

$gameTroop.members()[chainTarget].gainHp(Math.round(value * -1));

$gameTroop.members()[chainTarget].startDamagePopup();

}

</Post-Damage Eval>

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Absorption Barrier:

There appear to be a few issues I've found.

First:

The 1 turn fix applied to Battle Core, recently, doesn't effect the turns of barriers. To get them to last 1 turn, their durations need to be set to 2. (I assume this is only an issue if tick times states/buffs are used)

Note: If set to 1 turn, the barrier will apply, but immediately get removed.

Second:

I am not sure about all the lunatic mode tags, but this fails to work:

View attachment 31786

While this works fine:

View attachment 31785

Again, thanks for your time. :)

I'll get that 1 turn fix if it's the user casting it on itself. Thanks.

However, the Lunatic Notetag works fine for me: 

agps4r4.jpg

Sorry. Broken english. Perharps this will clarify: (It happens only when killed by the Death Mark damage)

Do you have the updated versions of the plugins?

Install them from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Hi,
i make a chain lightning skill that jump between targets
it show animation on their basic skill target then show on all chain targets and show damage on all targets
and i want to show animation + damage on every damaging target separately
What i need to change in my code?

Skill Notetag:

<Post-Damage Eval>
var jumps = 2;
var chainRate = 0.5;

jumps = Math.min($gameTroop.aliveMembers().length - 1, jumps);
var targets = [];
for (var i=0;i< $gameTroop.members().length;i++){
 if($gameTroop.members() === target){
  targets.push(i); 
  break;
 }
}

for (var i=0; i < jumps; i++){
 var chainTarget = Math.floor(Math.random() * $gameTroop.members().length);
 while(targets.contains(chainTarget) || $gameTroop.members()[chainTarget].isStateAffected(1)){
  chainTarget = Math.floor(Math.random() * $gameTroop.members().length);
 }
 targets.push(chainTarget); 
 value *= chainRate;
var actionArgs = [];
actionArgs.push('enemy '+chainTarget);
BattleManager.actionAnimation(76, actionArgs);
BattleManager.actionWaitForAnimation();

$gameTroop.members()[chainTarget].gainHp(Math.round(value * -1));
 $gameTroop.members()[chainTarget].startDamagePopup();
}
</Post-Damage Eval>

That you'll have to ask here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/128-javascriptplugin-support/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lotrein