lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have the updated versions of the plugins?

Install them from here: http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

Yep. Everything checked. Your Battle System - Charge Turn Battle shows as 1.20 in the list, but the link is 1.10. The only one that wanst update bc I cant find the mystical1.20 version anywhere. x_x

----

Btw Roguedeus lunatic dont work bc he forget the last "/" to close the tag.

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's my bad, it's supposed to be CTB v1.10. Did you use the exact code provided from my page? http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/10/tips-tricks-zeds-death-mark/

yes. I copied this from your site.

<Custom Apply Effect>
target._deathMarkDmg = 0;
</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom React Effect>
if (value > 0 && attacker === origin && this.isHpEffect()) {
target._deathMarkDmg += value;
}
</Custom React Effect>

<Custom Leave Effect>
target.startAnimation(101);
var dmg = Math.round(-0.50 * target._deathMarkDmg);
target.gainHp(dmg);
target._deathMarkDmg = 0;
target.startDamagePopup();
target.clearResult();
</Custom Leave Effect>

I've tried to kill the enemy with poison and he disapear as intended. Only the Death mark cause this behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll get that 1 turn fix if it's the user casting it on itself. Thanks.

However, the Lunatic Notetag works fine for me: 

I'm not sure how that's possible considering I verified it in an clean project with only your plugins... :o

(Screens)

16_0214_barrier_issues_1c.JPG

16_0214_barrier_issues_1d.JPG

Am I missing something obvious?

I can send you a demo if you like.

Edit:

/Facepalm... (Nevermind! User error strikes again)

Note: The note tag is missing the foreslash... B) ;_;

Suushii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I've searched everywhere but can't find the answer (even though I'm sure it's already answered somewhere) but I assume it's possible to create a damage-over-time effect that isn't percent-based using the <Custom Regenerate Effect> notetag. Basically, I'd like to have a DoT effect based on the user's ATK subtracted by the target's DEF. If adding an element to the DoT effect is possible, that'd also be a nice bonus.

guyhi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, I encountered a small bug.

I have a message with a name box right before a battle, and when I enter the battle, the name box stays.

Name Box Bug.png

lilcooldude69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much Yanfly!, keep doing you bro :). sorry if this is spam!

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

https://mega.nz/#!FRRkWSRL

I archieve the error usingo ONLY BuffsStateCore.js. That demo has all scripts but you can delete everything except BuffsStateCore and still see the error.

I deleted the line

From the status because i deleted all animations.

1 - Talk with NPC

2 - Use Death mark

3 - Use skill "90 DMG". (Bat has 100 HP)

4 - Watch.

tyvm

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey, I encountered a small bug.

I have a message with a name box right before a battle, and when I enter the battle, the name box stays.

View attachment 31807

2. Create a new project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.

Thanks for helping!

https://mega.nz/#!FRRkWSRL

I archieve the error usingo ONLY BuffsStateCore.js. That demo has all scripts but you can delete everything except BuffsStateCore and still see the error.

I deleted the line

From the status because i deleted all animations.

1 - Talk with NPC

2 - Use Death mark

3 - Use skill "90 DMG". (Bat has 100 HP)

4 - Watch.

tyvm

It's missing the decryption key. I'm unable to download the file.

MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I noticed that the plugin preview video isn't up yet. Is something wrong, Yanfly?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score

MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You were a minute early. :p

The plugin previews are up!

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Okay, I looked at it. Change it from Action End to Turn End and it should be fine. I'll update the website, too.

All right! Finally! :)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
YES!!! YAY!!! I'm so so so glad that [*spoilers*] was Yanfly's Pick!!!! I really really really can't wait for the preview and the release!! I can't wait to use it!

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Guys, with Event Mini Label, is it possible display animation of baloons without a parallel process? it can be useful and easily with command to show and hide the baloon. Is it possible?

guyhi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English

2. Create a new project.
7. Recreate the error.

Thanks for helping!

It's missing the decryption key. I'm unable to download the file.

Allright, I did all that, and the error still persists. How should I send it to you?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Allright, I did all that, and the error still persists. How should I send it to you?

You can post the link here.

Guys, with Event Mini Label, is it possible display animation of baloons without a parallel process? it can be useful and easily with command to show and hide the baloon. Is it possible?

The Event Mini Label is unrelated to message balloons. There's no way for it to control them.

DCF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Yanfly I tested the absorption barrier fix for the bug that prevented Barrier Points from being gained at the start of battle and can confirm that it is now working.

Couple items, not sure if they qualify as bugs or not...

Absorption barrier: Is there a way to force a damage popup when barrier is added? I'm currently working on a boss fight where the boss (enemy 0 in troop array) regenerates barrier based on the number of minion troops remaining in the battle. When this effect goes through, minions that are unconscious get healed as well. So the party needs to balance attacking the boss and attacking the minions. Code I'm using is below. I'm finding that without a numeric pop-up it will be difficult for the player to discover that the barrier increase is based on the number of minions.

<Custom Barrier Regen>
value += 100*($gameTroop.aliveMembers().length -1);

for ( var i = 1; i < $gameTroop._enemies.length; i++) {
if ( $gameTroop._enemies._hp > 0 ){
$gameTroop._enemies.startAnimation(119);
} else {
$gameTroop._enemies.removeState(1);
$gameTroop._enemies._hp=+100;
}
}

if ( value > 0) {
$gameTroop._enemies[0].startAnimation(52);
}

</Custom Barrier Regen>

Extra icons: The new icons you are providing are great. Is there a way to access icons beyond 575 with the in-game select an image window? I was trying to create weapons using some of the icons/animations you've provided and I'm finding that I can only access the later icons with note tags.

Thanks!

-DCF

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Yanfly I tested the absorption barrier fix for the bug that prevented Barrier Points from being gained at the start of battle and can confirm that it is now working.

Couple items, not sure if they qualify as bugs or not...

Absorption barrier: Is there a way to force a damage popup when barrier is added? I'm currently working on a boss fight where the boss (enemy 0 in troop array) regenerates barrier based on the number of minion troops remaining in the battle. When this effect goes through, minions that are unconscious get healed as well. So the party needs to balance attacking the boss and attacking the minions. Code I'm using is below. I'm finding that without a numeric pop-up it will be difficult for the player to discover that the barrier increase is based on the number of minions.

<Custom Barrier Regen>
value += 100*($gameTroop.aliveMembers().length -1);

for ( var i = 1; i < $gameTroop._enemies.length; i++) {
if ( $gameTroop._enemies._hp > 0 ){
$gameTroop._enemies.startAnimation(119);
} else {
$gameTroop._enemies.removeState(1);
$gameTroop._enemies._hp=+100;
}
}

if ( value > 0) {
$gameTroop._enemies[0].startAnimation(52);
}

</Custom Barrier Regen>

Extra icons: The new icons you are providing are great. Is there a way to access icons beyond 575 with the in-game select an image window? I was trying to create weapons using some of the icons/animations you've provided and I'm finding that I can only access the later icons with note tags.

Thanks!

-DCF

Couldn't you add code to ACE Battle Engine to handle a new pop-up type, and then add code to create a new pop-up when a barrier is made? That's what I did in ACE with my version of Absorption barrier that I wrote for ACE.

I'd be more specific but I don't know JavaScript at all, so hopefully a JavaScript guru can tell you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorshka