Status
Not open for further replies.

guyhi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can post the link here.

The Event Mini Label is unrelated to message balloons. There's no way for it to control them.

Sorry, but I'm having trouble with the download and stuff, but I can't upload the project >_>

Is there any snapshots I could do to help instead?

I have all the core plugins and battle engine core in a new project in the order of the site, latest update. I'll try sending the event page too.

Last edited by a moderator:

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make an all-allies healing skill that adds a barrier with the same value as whatever amount the healing did to each individual character. For example:

Character 1 - healed for 200 HP - gains 200 HP barrier

Character 2 - healed for 219 HP - gains 219 HP barrier

Character 3 - healed for 421 HP - gains 419 HP barrier

Does anyone know what I need to write for the <Custom Target Barrier>? I assume it'll require some sort of loop and some way of extracting each healing value, but I'm clueless as to how to actually do that.

Thank you!

Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Yanfly, I think I may have found a bug with Equip Core.

When I switch actors in the equip scene, the stats in their equipment show the previous actors' stats compared to current actor. For example, Actor A has 75 health. I shift right to Actor B who has 60 health, but it shows the 75 -> 60 (-15) in the stat comparison table. This only happens after I choose the equip command first. All this happens within the Equip scene.

It wasn't happening before I updated all your plugins in my project with the recent updates from your site (2016.02.14). Equip Core is at v1.09 (I was at 1.08 before this bug) and all other plugins are also up to date.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly I tested the absorption barrier fix for the bug that prevented Barrier Points from being gained at the start of battle and can confirm that it is now working.

Couple items, not sure if they qualify as bugs or not...

Absorption barrier: Is there a way to force a damage popup when barrier is added? I'm currently working on a boss fight where the boss (enemy 0 in troop array) regenerates barrier based on the number of minion troops remaining in the battle. When this effect goes through, minions that are unconscious get healed as well. So the party needs to balance attacking the boss and attacking the minions. Code I'm using is below. I'm finding that without a numeric pop-up it will be difficult for the player to discover that the barrier increase is based on the number of minions.

<Custom Barrier Regen>
value += 100*($gameTroop.aliveMembers().length -1);

for ( var i = 1; i < $gameTroop._enemies.length; i++) {
if ( $gameTroop._enemies._hp > 0 ){
$gameTroop._enemies.startAnimation(119);
} else {
$gameTroop._enemies.removeState(1);
$gameTroop._enemies._hp=+100;
}
}

if ( value > 0) {
$gameTroop._enemies[0].startAnimation(52);
}

</Custom Barrier Regen>

Extra icons: The new icons you are providing are great. Is there a way to access icons beyond 575 with the in-game select an image window? I was trying to create weapons using some of the icons/animations you've provided and I'm finding that I can only access the later icons with note tags.

Thanks!

-DCF

Forcing the damage popup is a different matter with the way MV is coded sadly. :/ (Honestly, I'm not a fan of the new popup system). Unfortunately, it's quite a bit of trouble to force the popup to show since it involves a lot of results tweaking.

Sorry, but I'm having trouble with the download and stuff, but I can't upload the project >_>

Is there any snapshots I could do to help instead?

I have all the core plugins and battle engine core in a new project in the order of the site, latest update. I'll try sending the event page too.

Unfortunately, screenshots often lead me to still being unable to replicate the problem. I'd prefer to not go on a wild goose chase because there's too many factors involved that can cause this, to which, often results in a great loss of time for me. I apologize if I appear demanding, but a lot of time needs to be spent making new plugins, rather than chasing down bugs that I can't even encounter myself.

Hi Yanfly, I think I may have found a bug with Equip Core.

When I switch actors in the equip scene, the stats in their equipment show the previous actors' stats compared to current actor. For example, Actor A has 75 health. I shift right to Actor B who has 60 health, but it shows the 75 -> 60 (-15) in the stat comparison table. This only happens after I choose the equip command first. All this happens within the Equip scene.

It wasn't happening before I updated all your plugins in my project with the recent updates from your site (2016.02.14). Equip Core is at v1.09 (I was at 1.08 before this bug) and all other plugins are also up to date.

Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yep, tested it on a fresh project with only Yanfly Core and Equip Core. Screenshot is attached.

Shifted left from Marsha, who has 26 M.Attack compared to Therese's 16 etc.

Could be handy as an unintended feature of comparing different actors' stats though LOL

equip core bug.png

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Yep, tested it on a fresh project with only Yanfly Core and Equip Core. Screenshot is attached.

Shifted left from Marsha, who has 26 M.Attack compared to Therese's 16 etc.

Could be handy as an unintended feature of comparing different actors' stats though LOL

View attachment 31843

You have to get me the project. I'm doing the same thing you're describing and unable to reproduce it. If you cannot provide a sample project via the instructions I gave you, I won't seek and hunt the bug any further than I've already tried.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese

You have to get me the project. I'm doing the same thing you're describing and unable to reproduce it. If you cannot provide a sample project via the instructions I gave you, I won't seek and hunt the bug any further than I've already tried.

I've just tried and got the same bug. Just try equipping something to anyone, and then switch actors with Q or W. If you don't click the equip option nothing happens. You need to click in the equip button and then return (but not leave the Equip_Scene menu) and switch actors.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I've just tried and got the same bug. Just try equipping something to anyone, and then switch actors with Q or W. If you don't click the equip option nothing happens. You need to click in the equip button and then return (but not leave the Equip_Scene menu) and switch actors.

Thanks. I needed clear instructions. Nothing was said about that.

Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ah, sorry about that! I should have made it more clear >.>

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yanfly

Absorption Barrier:

I am wondering... Should a barrier benefit from its targets defenses? (Ex: Should a battlers Armor Scaling reduce the damage dealt to the Barrier?)

Conceptually, I imagine a barrier is independent of the target behind it. Raising one, should simply 1:1 cancel out incoming damage, right?

Otherwise you run the risk of multiplying the benefit of a barrier under certain conditions.

Example: A barrier that absorbs 100 Damage, would absorb 200 Physical Attack Damage if the target has 50% Physical Reduction (due to Armor Scaling). But would not gain such benefit against a Magic Attack (or worse if Magic Armor Reduction is involved). This makes forward considerations, about how much a barrier should absorb, a veritable nightmare. Especially when the SAME barrier could have such drastically different utility. (Even worse if a non-standard mitigation is baked into actual damage formulas)

I'm not sure how this could be elevated. Performing barrier processing inside makeDamageValue rather than executeHpDamage looks like it would require an overwrite of the function. Which is already done with Damage Core.

I realize this is relatively unimportant. I am just hoping to better understand your decisions. :)

Thanks for your time!

Nechigawara

Certamen Promus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a problem, trying to find a solution by searching not taking me anywhere. So I decide to ask here.

This is the result of me putting Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals into skill Attack. How can I fix couter animation to become correct?

Right now, only the weapon that move correctly. Thanks!!

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It is possible to make state that raise critical chance/Multiplier of certain skills?

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Yanfly Any chance of adding in custom costs to use items, including gold? I know you can have Skills cost gold, but items need that same love, y'know? : P

Maybe it could just be added into an update for Item Core?....

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes. Crit chance is either under EX Parameter or SP Parameter, don't quite recall which.

Sorry i forgot to write what critical value i want to add. I mean something like x% of user STAT go to CRI

Anyway i make Stat with:

<Custom Initiate Effect>

user.setCriPlus(1+Math.round(user.mdf * 1.01 * 0.01)); //1+ to force critical for tests

</Custom Initiate Effect>

It works fine but when skill have tag:

<Critical Rate Formula>

</Critical Rate Formula> //Yes, empty notetag

Even if i have 100%+/1.0+ critical it not applied

Any ideas why?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Equip Core link is to version 1.08

Thanks, I'll get that fixed.

@Yanfly

Absorption Barrier:

I am wondering... Should a barrier benefit from its targets defenses? (Ex: Should a battlers Armor Scaling reduce the damage dealt to the Barrier?)

Conceptually, I imagine a barrier is independent of the target behind it. Raising one, should simply 1:1 cancel out incoming damage, right?

Otherwise you run the risk of multiplying the benefit of a barrier under certain conditions.

Example: A barrier that absorbs 100 Damage, would absorb 200 Physical Attack Damage if the target has 50% Physical Reduction (due to Armor Scaling). But would not gain such benefit against a Magic Attack (or worse if Magic Armor Reduction is involved). This makes forward considerations, about how much a barrier should absorb, a veritable nightmare. Especially when the SAME barrier could have such drastically different utility. (Even worse if a non-standard mitigation is baked into actual damage formulas)

I'm not sure how this could be elevated. Performing barrier processing inside makeDamageValue rather than executeHpDamage looks like it would require an overwrite of the function. Which is already done with Damage Core.

I realize this is relatively unimportant. I am just hoping to better understand your decisions. :)

Thanks for your time!

This was actually something I've considered a while back, making the damage irrelevant from the target's defense. However, this would entail having the calculations made prior to the executeHpDamage function, which would result in a few more things. Procs and such from Lunatic Effects for both Skill Core, Buffs & States Core, and other battle related Lunatic Modes.

That said, I came to the conclusion that execteHpDamage is best done there after the procs have been made since there's a way to simulate the barriers taking more damage, although not exactly a pretty one. Using passive states, you can have an on-barrier effect where the defense of the battler is lowered and a conditional effect where the passive turns itself off when the user's barrier points are at 0. I figured this way, the control is there and you can set how much the barrier state can reduce, too.

I have a problem, trying to find a solution by searching not taking me anywhere. So I decide to ask here.

This is the result of me putting Yanfly's Detect Weapon Type Conditionals into skill Attack. How can I fix couter animation to become correct?

Right now, only the weapon that move correctly. Thanks!!

Right now, the way MV handles counter attacks is a bit... unruly as there's very little control over them. I'll have to make an adjustment to this in the future.

@Yanfly Any chance of adding in custom costs to use items, including gold? I know you can have Skills cost gold, but items need that same love, y'know? : P

Maybe it could just be added into an update for Item Core?....

You mean costs to using the items? I suppose I could in the future. :)

Sorry i forgot to write what critical value i want to add. I mean something like x% of user STAT go to CRI

Anyway i make Stat with:

<Custom Initiate Effect>

user.setCriPlus(1+Math.round(user.mdf * 1.01 * 0.01)); //1+ to force critical for tests

</Custom Initiate Effect>

It works fine but when skill have tag:

<Critical Rate Formula>

</Critical Rate Formula> //Yes, empty notetag

Even if i have 100%+/1.0+ critical it not applied

Any ideas why?

The Critical Rate Formula overrides the crit stat in favor of its own. If you wish for it to use the crit stat, you'll have to use the crit stat in the formula like I've shown in the example provided within the plugin's help file:

Code:
 *   <Critical Rate Formula>
 *   rate = user.cri + 0.2;
 *   rate -= 1 - target.cev;
 *   </Critical Rate Formula>
 *   This adjusts the critical hit success rate for the skill/item. You can use
 *   multiplie lines to write out the formula, and 'rate' will be the success
 *   rate used to determine the skill's critical success rate.
 *   *Note: Using this tag sets the skill/item to enable Critical Hits.

sieben43

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug Report

Plugin Name: Battle Engine Core v1.32

When using \C[n] for a colored enemy name, the Visual Enemy Select Window won't use the colors and prints "\C[6]Slime" for example.

It's easy to reproduce and a rather minor bug so I don't think a screenshot would be necessary. Of course I can provide one if needed. Didn't test the other control characters though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flowermuncher77