Nechigawara

Certamen Promus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Right now, the way MV handles counter attacks is a bit... unruly as there's very little control over them. I'll have to make an adjustment to this in the future.

Thanks for an answer. :D

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Bug Report

Plugin Name: Battle Engine Core v1.32

When using \C[n] for a colored enemy name, the Visual Enemy Select Window won't use the colors and prints "\C[6]Slime" for example.

It's easy to reproduce and a rather minor bug so I don't think a screenshot would be necessary. Of course I can provide one if needed. Didn't test the other control characters though.

The Visual Enemy Select Windows don't use text colors or any text codes...

sieben43

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Visual Enemy Select Windows don't use text colors or any text codes...

So should I resign colored enemy names or is there a way to work around? Like setting up a custom Visual Enemy Select Window, if this is possible.

catchtest

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi yanfly, I have a tiny question.

Could we modify 'lukEffectRate' at Special Params plugin in the future?

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
At the beginning of the battle my actors get:

<Custom Battle Effect>

user._paramPartyGauge = 1;

</Custom Battle Effect>

In the middle of the battle actors boost that param:

user._paramPartyGauge *= 1.5; 

And i change Heal HP Damage formula:

Math.floor((-5 * damage / target.mhp).clamp(3, 5) * user._paramPartyGauge)

And when i try to heal i got:

TypeError: Cannot read property '_paramPartyGauge' of undefined
    at Game_Party.eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_PartyLimitGauge.js:1135:22), <anonymous>:1:57)
    at Game_Party.Game_Unit.processPartyLimitGaugeEval (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_PartyLimitGauge.js:1135:17)
    at Game_Action.executeHpDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_PartyLimitGauge.js:938:28)
    at Game_Action.executeHpDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_EnhancedTP.js:3140:44)
    at Game_Action.executeHpDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleStatistics.js:306:47)
    at Game_Action.executeDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/rpg_objects.js:1739:14)
    at Game_Action.executeDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_BuffsStatesCore.js:1463:42)
    at Game_Action.executeDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_SkillCore.js:994:44)
    at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/rpg_objects.js:1657:18)
    at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2888:34)

Edit: I tried Math.floor((-5 * damage / target.mhp).clamp(3, 5) * user.elementRate(15)) but same result.

So, it is possible to boost PartyGauge value gain from actions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vandeliar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly,

First off, Thank you very much for this hard work in our Plugins.

You bring the RPG Maker Games in ah whole new era for all of us
default_biggrin.gif

About your Plugins, when is the Clickable Picture Plugin ready ? I know there is someone, who created it, but i want to use only Yanfly Products in my Game ^^.

Because i only wait for this awesome thing to create my Character Screens and Evented Titlescreen.

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I looked at it. Change it from Action End to Turn End and it should be fine. I'll update the website, too.

Thanks. I have a question if dont mind:

In Extra parameters formula you explain how Hit Rate and Evasion behave with 2 separate checks. My quest is: Its possible to chance this behavior using lunatics to:

Attacker Hit - Defender Hit = Single hit/miss check

Tyvm ^^

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yanfly, I have a little problem with "anchoring" my sprites : since it is an actor notetag, when I change my battler graphics (using your class change system), the shadow is not always well positioned. If the anchor notetag could be in the class notebox and not in the actor"s notebox, there would be no problem.

Would it be possible to add a class "anchor position" notetag in the battle engine core ?

When my "beef' becomes a "dragon" (aekashics animated battlers), the shadow is completely off, and I don't want to suppress all shadows from my game either (it feels strange).

Thanks in advance for your answer, whatever it might be.

sieben43

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got a question concerning your Victory Aftermath Plugin, Yanfly. Are you planning on adding the actor quotes feature like in the Ace Version? It would really enhance the gameplay by making the actors more unique and strenghtening their characters.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi yanfly, I have a tiny question.

Could we modify 'lukEffectRate' at Special Params plugin in the future?

Sure.

<Custom Battle Effect>

</Custom Battle Effect>

at Game_Party.eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_PartyLimitGauge.js:1135:22), <anonymous>:1:57)
    at Game_Party.Game_Unit.processPartyLimitGaugeEval (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_PartyLimitGauge.js:1135:17)
    at Game_Action.executeHpDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_PartyLimitGauge.js:938:28)
    at Game_Action.executeHpDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_EnhancedTP.js:3140:44)
    at Game_Action.executeHpDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleStatistics.js:306:47)
    at Game_Action.executeDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/rpg_objects.js:1739:14)
    at Game_Action.executeDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_BuffsStatesCore.js:1463:42)
    at Game_Action.executeDamage (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_SkillCore.js:994:44)
    at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/rpg_objects.js:1657:18)
    at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Game/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2888:34)

Edit: I tried Math.floor((-5 * damage / target.mhp).clamp(3, 5) * user.elementRate(15)) but same result.

For Lunatic Mode effects, you're using your own code, I would suggest going to http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/128-javascriptplugin-support/ to ask. This thread, for now, is to support the code that I've provided.

Hello Yanfly,

First off, Thank you very much for this hard work in our Plugins.

You bring the RPG Maker Games in ah whole new era for all of us
default_biggrin.gif

About your Plugins, when is the Clickable Picture Plugin ready ? I know there is someone, who created it, but i want to use only Yanfly Products in my Game ^^.

Because i only wait for this awesome thing to create my Character Screens and Evented Titlescreen.

I have Picture Common Events on the plugin polls. So far, it hasn't won. When it does, I'll be getting to it. At the moment, the polls are there for users to decide what I should prioritize making. If you would like to see it come out, I would suggest you vote for it on the plugin polls the next time they come around. :)

Thanks. I have a question if dont mind:

In Extra parameters formula you explain how Hit Rate and Evasion behave with 2 separate checks. My quest is: Its possible to chance this behavior using lunatics to:

Attacker Hit - Defender Hit = Single hit/miss check

Tyvm ^^

It's because they're two separate checks that you wouldn't be able to get the value of the defender. :/ The whole system would have to be revamped.

Yanfly, I have a little problem with "anchoring" my sprites : since it is an actor notetag, when I change my battler graphics (using your class change system), the shadow is not always well positioned. If the anchor notetag could be in the class notebox and not in the actor"s notebox, there would be no problem.

Would it be possible to add a class "anchor position" notetag in the battle engine core ?

When my "beef' becomes a "dragon" (aekashics animated battlers), the shadow is completely off, and I don't want to suppress all shadows from my game either (it feels strange).

Thanks in advance for your answer, whatever it might be.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean?

I've got a question concerning your Victory Aftermath Plugin, Yanfly. Are you planning on adding the actor quotes feature like in the Ace Version? It would really enhance the gameplay by making the actors more unique and strenghtening their characters.

I'm unsure if I'm going to be adding them in. In VX and Ace, this has been the feature people complained about the most, which was why I removed it in the first place. :/

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Why people complained about the actor quotes feature in Victory Aftermath?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Why people complained about the actor quotes feature in Victory Aftermath?

Some felt the quotes take too long to cycle through when there's a large party. Others felt the quote system was too cheesy and obstructive. Another bunch felt the quotes became too repetitive.

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Some felt the quotes take too long to cycle through when there's a large party. Others felt the quote system was too cheesy and obstructive. Another bunch felt the quotes became too repetitive.

I didn't really felt any of those things. But I guess all people have their own preferences. :)

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This was actually something I've considered a while back, making the damage irrelevant from the target's defense. However, this would entail having the calculations made prior to the executeHpDamage function, which would result in a few more things. Procs and such from Lunatic Effects for both Skill Core, Buffs & States Core, and other battle related Lunatic Modes.

That said, I came to the conclusion that execteHpDamage is best done there after the procs have been made since there's a way to simulate the barriers taking more damage, although not exactly a pretty one. Using passive states, you can have an on-barrier effect where the defense of the battler is lowered and a conditional effect where the passive turns itself off when the user's barrier points are at 0. I figured this way, the control is there and you can set how much the barrier state can reduce, too.

Thanks for clearing that up!

I was wondering about how I might link a Barrier to a state (or visa versa)... I am thinking that the Buff and State Tag <Custom Conclude Effect> would be where I might check for current barrier points and have the state remove itself if the barrier is depleted. If the state had no other removal condition (besides end of battle) then an existing barrier could be given state enhancements that only last until the barrier breaks.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up!

I was wondering about how I might link a Barrier to a state (or visa versa)... I am thinking that the Buff and State Tag <Custom Conclude Effect> would be where I might check for current barrier points and have the state remove itself if the barrier is depleted. If the state had no other removal condition (besides end of battle) then an existing barrier could be given state enhancements that only last until the barrier breaks.

Actually, for tonight's update of the Absorption Barrier plugin (which includes a bug fix), also has a new feature in vein of what you may be looking for. There is now a state that will be passively provided as long as there is a single Barrier Point on the battler. With this, you can apply the debuff needed. :)

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually, for tonight's update of the Absorption Barrier plugin (which includes a bug fix), also has a new feature in vein of what you may be looking for. There is now a state that will be passively provided as long as there is a single Barrier Point on the battler. With this, you can apply the debuff needed. :)

I am actually looking to customize several states for barrier requirement, as well as some conditional passive states. :)

I have ended up using this to normal states (not passives):

<Custom Deselect Effect>
if (b.barrierPoints() < 1) b.removeState(stateId);
</Custom Deselect Effect>

For those wondering, when this is added to a state (any state) that state will remove itself if the target of the state's barrier breaks. (is reduced to 0 points)

It will also prevent the state from being applied to the target if it doesn't have a barrier. Thus it can be a 'Bonus' effect for those that qualify. :)

EDIT:

One thing though... Is there an easy means of manipulating the defenders barrier penetration rate? Since all penetration adjustments seem to be attacker side, I am trying to find a way to allow for a barrier to be strengthened against penetration. Akin to resistance.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never mind this post. I overwrote one of your functions, you changed it, and I didn't notice.

sieben43

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

In my opinion it was the best feature :D  I had so much fun adding these and they're not repetetitive if you add enough. I would be glad if this feature would have been added in the future but I can live without it or maybe I'll add it myself.

Thanks anyway for taking the time answering all this stuff and your effort in this community :)

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

<Custom Battle Effect>

</Custom Battle Effect>

For Lunatic Mode effects, you're using your own code, I would suggest going to http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/128-javascriptplugin-support/ to ask. This thread, for now, is to support the code that I've provided.

I think yours Heal HP Damage formula doesn't support the 'user' and without changing yours plugin code i can do nothing with that :(

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok Yanfly, some screenshots for my problem as you asked (I'm not reporting a bug, just asking for a new functionality and you'll see why).

First, I have a character called Belgermir. His battler image is an animated batter by aekashics called "beef". At first, there is a problem with his shadow :

1.png

So I use one of your battle engine core notetag to "anchor" him differently :

2.png

Now it works, the shadow fits perfectly :

3.png

And now here is my problem : that character can change class. He transforms into other monsters when he changes class. Unfortunately, the notetag used to anchor is a notetag for the "actor" notebox. So when he changes class, the new class battler is anchored like my beef. Here it is when he transforms into a dragon (but could be anything) :

4.png

You can see that the shadow is completely off. I know the dragon is too big for the shadow anyways, but you understand my problem : since the anchor notetag is actor related and not class related, it doesn't work well with changing the appearance of battlers when changing classes.

I hope this makes my problem clearer.

Could you make some changes to the battle engine core so that the anchor notetag could be used in the class notebox and not just the actor's notebox ?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will get that problem when using "monster" classes. (And I really don't want to suppress shadows for everyone)

Thanks a lot for your time and all your wonderful work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:
Oh, boy. I'm now having dreams about Unity.
i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
retrowatch