Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
i'm trying to make the emnity plugin from Liquid work with the AI commands, any help? it's not working... doesn't seem to follow at enmity at all..

<AI Level: 100>

<AI Priority>

State !== Fear: Ignite, Lowest Enmity

HP % param <= 20%: Heal, Lowest HP%

State === Burn: Fire Pillar, Lowest HP%

Always: Ignite, Highest Enmity

</AI Priority>

Even tried a simple one a test monster,

<AI Priority>

Always: Attack, Highest Enmity

</AI Priority>

even tried without using enmity and it doesn't seem to follow...

<AI Priority>

State !== Fear: SKILL 15, Lowest HP%

HP % param <= 20%: SKILL 8, Lowest HP%

State === Burn: SKILL 9, Lowest HP%

Always: SKILL 15, Lowest HP%

</AI Priority>

<AI Priority>

Always: SKILL 1, Lowest HP%

</AI Priority>
The priority AI (aka notetag AI) takes priority over any aggro and enmity settings. More or less, it's just the AI doing what it's told to assuming it's supposed to be smarter and above the rest of the generic mobs that follow aggro. As far as targeting highest Enmity, unless whoever made the plugin for Enmity made an option to select the highest value in a compatibility patch for the Battle AI, it won't target anything specific.

Enmity and aggro plugins should still retain their effect when actions are decided by those made within the default editor's action list, however.

I have a quick question for the ATB plugin that I couldn't find an answer for.  Now, in my project, characters have a speed stat from 1-30.  While speed for characters past 20 speed seems to work fine, when it gets to 10 or below, characters start to move excruciatingly slow.  Like, it seems like a character with 30 speed gets to move 20 times before someone with 1 speed gets to go once levels of slow.

With that in mind, I was wondering if there was a way to somehow pull the equilibrium for speeds like that closer.  For example, maybe a character with 30 could go at max twice before someone with 1 speed.  I want the slow characters to be slow, but not too slow.

You can either go with rubberbanding or change the gauge target value within the ATB's plugin parameter settings. As of now, it will take either a max gauge of 5000 or the highest AGI value on the battlefield at the start of battle times 100, whichever is larger. Since you're dealing with low low low speeds, change the value of 5000 to 2000 for the target ATB gauge fill and charge to 500 or something. Experiment with these values to find what is the sweet spot for your game.

Hello Yanfly. It seems that my battlebacks are dissapearing when I use certain action sequences. 

It's not the BattleBack1, but the BattleBack2. 

Here's the sequence I'm using:

<setup action>display action

immortal: targets, true

wait: 40

</setup action>

<whole Action>

hide battle hud

opacity not focus: 0%

camera focus: user, front center, 45

zoom: 1.35, 45

wait: 45

motion guard: user

motion wait: user

wait: 30

animation 52: user

wait for animation

reset zoom: 35

wait: 35

motion victory: user

se: jump2

jump user: 150, 35

wait for jump

jump user: 300, 35

wait for jump

float user: 750%, 35

wait for float

wait: 20

action animation: target

wait: 10

animation 143: target

animation 144: target

action animation: target

wait: 25

action effect: target

wait: 20

motion evade: user

float user: 0%, 30

SE: fall

wait: 15

jump user: 80, 25

wait for jump

jump user: 40, 25

wait for jump

wait: 45

clear battle log

immortal: targets, false

death break

perform finish

</whole Action>

<follow action>

wait: 15

opacity not focus: 100%

show battle hud

</follow action>
It seems to be "Breaking" right about the point where "animation 144" is playing. Any idea how I could remedy this?

I've made some updates last night to the Battle Core. Try updating that and see if it fixes it. If not, can you upload your project online somewhere (do not deploy it) so I can see what's going on with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

LuLight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Battle Engine Core v1.13

It's don't show enemy name on it self. please return it back :)

Untitled.jpg

+ will be better, if it show name only enemy that selecting.

(sorry for my bad Eng)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Battle Engine Core v1.13

It's don't show enemy name on it self. please return it back :)

attachicon.gif
Untitled.jpg

+ will be better, if it show name only enemy that selecting.

(sorry for my bad Eng)
This should have been fixed as of this morning. Just redownload the new Battle Engine Core.

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hooray! Party Change Core won!! And the extra pick was also a pick I am glad to see!

Again, I had to select ALL the plug-ins for the poll, sorry for any trouble.

If I had to order them from most wanted to least, I would say: Class Change Core, Status Menu Core, Gab Window, Enhanced TP, Specialized Common Events, Button Common Events, Skill Cost Items, Weapon Unleashed, Armor Penetration, Extra Enemy Drops.

Thank you so much for the work that you do and thank you for your time! :D

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
YES! HP GAUGES!

WHOOOO!

...........darnit, why can't Extra Enemy Drops just get put in already....

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm still going to fight for Class Change core as the others seem like they can be done in general by anyone good in Javascript, but yours in particular stands out.

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, this time Class Change will win, I guess.

Am I the only one wanting the Armor Penetration?

Even though I would have to balance the first chapter again... ;D

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So, I have the enemy selection name thingy option turn to TRUE, but when I go to select an enemy, their name's aren't appearing unless I turn on the status window.

I just updated all of your addons as well. Bug perhaps?

MaxLionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hey Yan! I'm so hyped for the Party System plugin you'll do soon :)

I was wondering if this plugin would also include the Command Party function you had made for VX Ace!

Jenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can't seem to replicate this. Are you able to upload your project (do not deploy) somewhere online and let me download it to see what's going on?

The screen resolution change doesn't increase the size of your tiles. If you're getting the black bars, that's because your map is smaller than the screen. Increase the size of your map from 17x13 to something like 30x30 and you'll see a difference.

I deleted the force actions for now and created a automated ally that can't use any attacks or skills for now which has been a work around... Let me see if one of my old git versions has it.

rhykotsu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm getting a 404 link not found on the dropbox links. Is it just me?

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really hope I'm not the only one with that issue, but I've tried adding both the Gamepad and Keyboard Config scripts, but neither of them show up in the options menu. Here's hope that it's just a small bug and I don't have to go through all the scripts disabling each one by one until it reappears  :(

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I really hope I'm not the only one with that issue, but I've tried adding both the Gamepad and Keyboard Config scripts, but neither of them show up in the options menu. Here's hope that it's just a small bug and I don't have to go through all the scripts disabling each one by one until it reappears  :(
Hey Puma! Are those scripts below Yanfly's? They seem to work fine if they're below them.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm getting a 404 link not found on the dropbox links. Is it just me?
Nah, it wasn't just you. Those were links that were down and had to be renewed. I replaced with them with Yanfly.moe links so they should be fine now. :)

I really hope I'm not the only one with that issue, but I've tried adding both the Gamepad and Keyboard Config scripts, but neither of them show up in the options menu. Here's hope that it's just a small bug and I don't have to go through all the scripts disabling each one by one until it reappears   :(

Do you have anything that modifies the Options menu? If you do, those plugins need to beneath them.

LuLight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for update 

but now it crashed  T T

Untitled.jpg

It don't crash when I test by off Battle Engine Core v1.13a

+ I knew why, becuase "animatedSVEnemies" don't compatible with your latest update > <

Jeffafa

Multi-colored Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! I started typing this message hoping I could get some quick assistance, then decided to use trial and error and kind of found what I was looking for... I saw someone mention around page 8 that they used the formula Math.floor((Math.random() * 2500) + 1) to generate random initial ATB gauges... However, I found that raising the 2500 to ~18000 generated a much more Final Fantasy-esque feel (if that tickles your fancy), with some characters sometimes having near-full ATBs at start, others near-empty, etc. Which is what I was looking for at first.

However, this ultimately brought me to a question I couldn't answer though: What are the chances you would be able to implement Preemptive Strikes and Surprise Attacks?

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Hi again Yanfly,

I know this sounds stupid, but this is going to be the first time for me to learn how to use your action sequence plugin:D.

I put these codes into Skill 01: Attack notes form and it does nothing during battletest

<setup action>MOVE user: target, front center, 60</setup action>
What do I do wrong there?

And then, if I want it so that the code above to work when the user use certain weapon only, how do I do that?

eg.

I want it so that if you use melee weapon such as sword, fist, etc the character moves to the target's front center before casting attack animation, but when you use ranged weapon such as gun, etc the character move forward a bit and cast attack animation (like usual)

Thanks~~

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Yanfly, thanks for the great work.

Here are several issues I've been having:

For that, go to the Battle Engine Core's parameter settings and set the action confirmation step to false.
1. I want to remove action confirmation for all-scope attacks/healing, but there is no such parameter in BattleEngineCore as of v1.13a. It's never been there since v.1.00.

2. Don't forget to fix EquipCore compatibility with ChangeWeaponsOnBattle. Also, there are missing function calls in ChangeWeaponsOnBattle where changing equipment doesn't immediately update the Actor Command and Party Status windows. This creates problems with equipment that mess with Max MP, Max HP, MP Cost Rate, your Auto Passive States, etc. I've had to manually code in the fixes myself, but it would be good if you could add those into EquipCore for others.

3. Substitute animation is bugged for multiple-hit attacks.

4. When CoreEngine's Display TP Bar In Main Menu parameter is set to False, it crashes EquipCore's Main Menu window.

Finally, I have JS experience. How do I contribute fixes? I'd like to go in and make the fixes myself, but not worry about updates overwriting the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension
Sherriff: This permit you're renewing expired two months ago, you haven't been concealing illegally have you?

Me, remembering the sheriff was at the range with me a couple weeks ago and unsure if he'd noted me draw from IWB: I plead the fifth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VuThanhLong