Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
add this to skill note:

<damage formula>
var stealRate = 0;
for (var i=0;i<target.stealableItems().length;i++)
stealRate+=this.getStealableRate(target, target.stealableItems());
stealRate/=target.stealableItems().length;
value = stealRate * a.agi / 2;
</damage formula>

Thanks ... but I have to change something ???? and what should I set on the part of the damage in the upper right ???

SC Fúria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
[SIZE=10.5pt]Plugin Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]YEP_X_Subclass[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Error Message:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Syntax Error Unexpected Number[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]rpg_managers.js:1618 SyntaxError: Unexpected number[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Interpreter.command355 (rpg_objects.js:10437)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8895)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8803)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6080)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:5987)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:417)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:409)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:398)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Hi! First of all, I have to thank you for your hardworking and collaborations. This bug happened because I had the idea of changing in game (via event), the element trait rate. The player would choose its element and gain a damage reduction when attacked with that element. Well, I don’t know how to do it and I didn’t know until I saw your Subclass plugin. I thought that using different subclasses for each element would solve my problem and that’s what I did. I’m using four clases with the class change plugin and six other classes that only have the element rate modified (No skill, weapons or critical chances). The only thing I haven’t touched it’s the parameters curves (HP, mana, attack, defense…) which are the same that the ones given by default. Proceeding with your plugin, the next step I took was to put the [/SIZE]<Primary Only> [SIZE=10.5pt]tag to my four main Classes and to the six element classes I’ve used the [/SIZE]<Subclass Only> tag. Finally, I’ve used the command plugin ChangeSubclass 1 6 with the script option in the event menu. Number 1 is for the actor and 6 for the fire element subclass. When the command plugin is run, the bug error appears.

I'm sorry for my poor English, here you can see a video bug report: 

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
[SIZE=10.5pt]Plugin Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]YEP_X_Subclass[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Error Message:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Syntax Error Unexpected Number[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]rpg_managers.js:1618 SyntaxError: Unexpected number[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Interpreter.command355 (rpg_objects.js:10437)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8895)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8803)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6080)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:5987)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:417)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:409)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:398)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)

[SIZE=10.5pt]    [/SIZE]at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1641)

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Hi! First of all, I have to thank you for your hardworking and collaborations. This bug happened because I had the idea of changing in game (via event), the element trait rate. The player would choose its element and gain a damage reduction when attacked with that element. Well, I don’t know how to do it and I didn’t know until I saw your Subclass plugin. I thought that using different subclasses for each element would solve my problem and that’s what I did. I’m using four clases with the class change plugin and six other classes that only have the element rate modified (No skill, weapons or critical chances). The only thing I haven’t touched it’s the parameters curves (HP, mana, attack, defense…) which are the same that the ones given by default. Proceeding with your plugin, the next step I took was to put the [/SIZE]<Primary Only> [SIZE=10.5pt]tag to my four main Classes and to the six element classes I’ve used the [/SIZE]<Subclass Only> tag. Finally, I’ve used the command plugin ChangeSubclass 1 6 with the script option in the event menu. Number 1 is for the actor and 6 for the fire element subclass. When the command plugin is run, the bug error appears.

I'm sorry for my poor English, here you can see a video bug report: 

You're using a script call, that's what's causing the error. Use the Plugin Command event, which is located right under it. :)

So, i tried a,b, user, target and this two formulas (ss) throw error when a/user is used in it.

Damage/Take Hp/MP works normally.

View attachment 31953

I don't see the whole formula there.

SC Fúria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
OMG I'm so sorry, I'm not used to this new plugin system. Thanks for your attention!

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So, i tried a,b, user, target and this two formulas (ss) throw error when a/user is used in it.

Damage/Take Hp/MP works normally.

Clipboard02.png

I don't see the whole formula there.

It's basic formula, just add user.hp

ie: Math.floor(-5 * damage / target.mhp * user.hp).clamp(3, 5)

Second Question:

It is possible to add Critical Multiplier value to Status Menu Core - Attributes page?

And maybe other values i created by script call  on the very start game like: $gameParty.members()._powerOfHoT = 1;

ShinGadrian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysCTB (Maybe?)

Hello Yanfly,

I recently found a bug and i don't know if it was intended on your part but every time my char counter using the CTB system, he suddenly jumps to first in the CTB bar and gets a turn. I tried it with your recently sample project and it happens too. The thing is i don't know if that was intended to work like this or not in your plugin because its kinda of broken for my char who has high counter rate. 

What i did for test in your sample project was setting the char counter rate to 100% and target rate to 1000% just to make sure he is targeted, and when he counters he always get in front of everyone in the CTB, even if he just acted.

TheAlphaRune

Fledgling Indie Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm having an issue with the Animated Sideview Enemies.  For pretty much all my enemies there is this little line that appears above their head the moment they move, and it's pretty annoying.  I didn't do anything to the battler sprites, so I can't imagine why it does this.  Do I need to go into an image editing program and nudge the image up or something?  

animatedbug_by_sol_tamida-d9s9t0x.jpg

animatedbug2_by_sol_tamida-d9s9u97.png

animatedbug3_by_sol_tamida-d9s9v3j.jpg

animatedbug4_by_sol_tamida-d9s9w0k.jpg

See how it's above each enemy?

I've found that this seems to only happen with this particular game.  I loaded a new project and tried it there and didn't have this problem.  I really don't want to have to start over just for this since I made a lot of progress on this already.  I tried turning off all other plugins except for the required ones and it still does this, so it doesn't seem to be a plugin problem.  I just don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Plugin Name: YEP_X_BattleSysCTB (Maybe?)

Hello Yanfly,

I recently found a bug and i don't know if it was intended on your part but every time my char counter using the CTB system, he suddenly jumps to first in the CTB bar and gets a turn. I tried it with your recently sample project and it happens too. The thing is i don't know if that was intended to work like this or not in your plugin because its kinda of broken for my char who has high counter rate. 

What i did for test in your sample project was setting the char counter rate to 100% and target rate to 1000% just to make sure he is targeted, and when he counters he always get in front of everyone in the CTB, even if he just acted.

That's strange. Do you think you can do the following for me?

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

I'm having an issue with the Animated Sideview Enemies.  For pretty much all my enemies there is this little line that appears above their head the moment they move, and it's pretty annoying.  I didn't do anything to the battler sprites, so I can't imagine why it does this.  Do I need to go into an image editing program and nudge the image up or something?  

animatedbug_by_sol_tamida-d9s9t0x.jpg

animatedbug2_by_sol_tamida-d9s9u97.png

animatedbug3_by_sol_tamida-d9s9v3j.jpg

animatedbug4_by_sol_tamida-d9s9w0k.jpg

See how it's above each enemy?

I've found that this seems to only happen with this particular game.  I loaded a new project and tried it there and didn't have this problem.  I really don't want to have to start over just for this since I made a lot of progress on this already.  I tried turning off all other plugins except for the required ones and it still does this, so it doesn't seem to be a plugin problem.  I just don't understand.

To my knowledge, this could be an issue with the generator as well. There's a couple of resource parts in the generator that aren't made well and overlap past their intended frames. I know this for a fact with certain types of outfits. Try turning off all plugins and set one of your main party members to the SV Actor with the line above the head. If it remains there, it's your resource having an overlap in a frame that it's not supposed to.

If you're having questions about formulas, I would suggest bringing this to the support forum: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/128-javascriptplugin-support/

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Life Steal

Features and How to Use

Life Steal is a mechanic in RPG Maker MV that only exists in the form of specific skills or items. There is no way to passively gain Life Steal from physical, magical, or certain hit attacks. This plugin will allow you to set passive Life Steal traits for physical, magical, and certain hit attacks for both HP and MP values.

Plugin and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/19/yep-71-life-steal-rpg-maker-mv/

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
If you're having questions about formulas, I would suggest bringing this to the support forum

My is not a question about the formula, but I wanted to know at the top right of the formula "standards" of skill in which you told me to put your skill notes, what should I set !!! as you suggested you give me, the skill causes only a point of damage, and if cne use the many times stealing skills, the damage does not mention increasing ... why ???

cHAOScythe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question regarding Absorption Barriers. Is it possible to make a barrier that only absorbs either physical or magical damage, but not both?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I have a question regarding Absorption Barriers. Is it possible to make a barrier that only absorbs either physical or magical damage, but not both?

The absorption barriers are general purpose and absorb damage indiscriminately. You would need another plugin for that.

cHAOScythe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The absorption barriers are general purpose and absorb damage indiscriminately. You would need another plugin for that.

Okay. Thank you so much for such a quick response! Take care :)

ShinGadrian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
That's strange. Do you think you can do the following for me?

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

----------------------------------------------------

Hello Yanfly,

Here goes the link of the project with the replication of the counter bug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7w2m5x0imu8on6/Project3.rar?dl=0

Only using basic plugins (Core, battle and CTB), Harold is with 100% counter and 1000% target rate, just defend with all chars and wait till it happen.

Two things to note now is that it happens every 1-4 attacks now, very random. And when it happens the char with the counter (Harold) jumps all his friends turn in CTB if he was last and if the bug happens again, he then jump to first in line on the CTB bar after the enemy attack.

Tell me if the project uploaded as you wanted, otherwise i will upload it again.

cHAOScythe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug or if there is a way to fix it, but I've noticed that when using the CTB Battle System the Guard state ends immediately after you use it. I feel like it should at least last until the guarding actor's next turn. I tried switching it from Turns to Actions, but this causes the Guard state to remain until the end of the user's next turn instead of until the beginning of the user's next turn. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randomaccount123