Not open for further replies.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to have a skill take longer to charge before casting in the ATB?

For example, I'd like a skill to take 3 turns before it casts - or the equivalent time.

Last edited by a moderator:

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Hi again Yanfly,

I know this sounds stupid, but this is going to be the first time for me to learn how to use your action sequence plugin:D.

I put these codes into Skill 01: Attack notes form and it does nothing during battletest

<setup action>MOVE user: target, front center, 60</setup action>What do I do wrong there?

And then, if I want it so that the code above to work when the user use certain weapon only, how do I do that?

eg.

I want it so that if you use melee weapon such as sword, fist, etc the character moves to the target's front center before casting attack animation, but when you use ranged weapon such as gun, etc the character move forward a bit and cast attack animation (like usual)

Thanks~~
Please ignore my post above; I have been really stupid>.<.

I am on testing the IF-ELSE statements from action sequence pack 1, and I find that the code below doesn't work on IF-ELSE statement

$game_actors[x].equips.include?($data_weapons[y])eg.

<target action>if$game_actors[1].equips.include?($data_weapons[10])MOVE user: forward, 180elsewhatever actionend</target action> under skill 01 attack's notetagsI have weapons 10 equipped on game actor 1 during battle test, but all he does is [whatever action], instead of moving forward for 180....

Thanks.

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm trying to use the AI Core but it gives me 'unexpected indentifier' error.

here's the notes:

<AI Priority>Eval State === State Yin: Fúria Yin, FirstEval State === State Yin: Magia Yin, FirstEval State === State Yang: Fúria Yang, FirstEval State === State Yang: Magia Yang, FirstHP% param <= 50%: Cura YinYang I, FirstHP% param <= 30%: Cura YinYang II, FirstHP% param <= 5%: Cura Magnífica, FirstHP% param <= 3%: Explosão Magnífica, First</AI Priority>Also, it has, in normal actions:

• Always: Attack, at 5
  • At first and once every 4 turns, uses a state Skill, at 9;
  • At third and once every 4 turns, uses a state Skill, at 9;

This enemy basically has two 'modes' (Yin and Yang). It uses a skill that gives him a Yin or Yang State (lasts for 2 turns, and he keeps swaping once it ends).

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Yanfly, thanks for the great work.

Here are several issues I've been having:

1. I want to remove action confirmation for all-scope attacks/healing, but there is no such parameter in BattleEngineCore as of v1.13a. It's never been there since v.1.00.

2. Don't forget to fix EquipCore compatibility with ChangeWeaponsOnBattle. Also, there are missing function calls in ChangeWeaponsOnBattle where changing equipment doesn't immediately update the Actor Command and Party Status windows. This creates problems with equipment that mess with Max MP, Max HP, MP Cost Rate, your Auto Passive States, etc. I've had to manually code in the fixes myself, but it would be good if you could add those into EquipCore for others.

3. Substitute animation is bugged for multiple-hit attacks.

4. When CoreEngine's Display TP Bar In Main Menu parameter is set to False, it crashes EquipCore's Main Menu window.

Finally, I have JS experience. How do I contribute fixes? I'd like to go in and make the fixes myself, but not worry about updates overwriting the changes.
1. It's this option.

Q0jko2T.jpg

2. I'm actually not going to work out a compatibility patch for that one myself. Here's why from the first post: 

NOTE: I'll only provide support for my own plugins. This isn't because I disrespect other plugin makers or anything of the sort. If I did, I wouldn't go so far as to maximize compatibility with my plugins when possible. The reason behind is because of my lack of time, and I'd like to put my undivided attention to errors caused by my own plugins. That said, any modifications you've made to the plugins itself or the source code will not be supported by me either.
3. I'll be making another plugin in the future that will work out the Substitute mechanic better. I don't like the way it's handled by default.

4. It's working properly for me.

AApJfek.jpg

If you're still getting an error message, follow these guidelines on submitting an error.

Is there any way to have a skill take longer to charge before casting in the ATB?

For example, I'd like a skill to take 3 turns before it casts - or the equivalent time.

Charge times are based on the skill's speed (the parameter in the editor's database). With negative speed, it takes longer for a skill to charge. With positive speed, it takes less time for a skill to charge. Set it to negative if you want longer charge times. Use <Speed: -x> notetag if you want to go beyond -2000.

I'm trying to use the AI Core but it gives me 'unexpected indentifier' error.

here's the notes:

<AI Priority>Eval State === State Yin: Fúria Yin, First

Eval State === State Yin: Magia Yin, First

Eval State === State Yang: Fúria Yang, First

Eval State === State Yang: Magia Yang, First

HP% param <= 50%: Cura YinYang I, First

HP% param <= 30%: Cura YinYang II, First

HP% param <= 5%: Cura Magnífica, First

HP% param <= 3%: Explosão Magnífica, First

</AI Priority>

Also, it has, in normal actions:

• Always: Attack, at 5
  • At first and once every 4 turns, uses a state Skill, at 9;
  • At third and once every 4 turns, uses a state Skill, at 9;

This enemy basically has two 'modes' (Yin and Yang). It uses a skill that gives him a Yin or Yang State (lasts for 2 turns, and he keeps swaping once it ends).
There's no need for the Eval there.

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the quick reply, Yanfly. Appreciate it!  :D

1. Okay. Is there a way to remove/lock target selection but keep the help window for all/random scope skills? Currently, reviving multiple dead allies is wonky (it should auto-select the first dead ally in the array at least), and being able to select enemies for all/random scope is strange.

2. Alright, I understand... but you made a ChangeWeaponOnBattle compatibility fix for InstantCast!  :D  Guess that one was easy? This EquipCore compatibility fix has been requested by at least six people on various threads and on your site, so you might consider breaking that rule. In the meantime, I'll work on a fix myself.

3. Thanks, that's good to know.

4. I went back and re-updated all the plugins. It's working now. Must've been an old bug.

Thanks again for your great work. Keep it up!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
The Instant Cast compatibility fix was made before I decided to implement this new policy. With the hundreds of plugins that appear here, making a compatibility fix for every single one of them is too time consuming unless the mass prefers that I halt any further new plugin creations on my part. That said, I've decided to stick with just support for my own work for the time being as my time's extremely limited compared to before.

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have anything that modifies the Options menu? If you do, those plugins need to beneath them.
Well, after playing around with disabling and enabling scripts, it turns out that TDDP Manage Dashing (http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46778-manage-dashing/?hl=tddp) is the culprit, though I'm not sure how, as it doesn't even have any options in the options menu?! Either way, one more thing just vanishes once that script is enabled, the Battle Camera option. Do I need to put it under Manage Dashing too?

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Yanfly, 

When the scope of a skill is Random or All Enemies, it still has you select 1 enemy. This shouldn't happen, right?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
If you enable the Help Window, yes it does. It will specifically say at the top for you on what is being targeted, in this case: All Enemies or Random enemy. The reason I require you to still "select" an enemy is for a future plugin, aka Enemy Scan so that way, you can individually scan the enemies.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would it be possible to turn that "off"? I know I won't be using Enemy Scan, and it looks like it would be confusing to a player.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
You can turn off the help window then and it will go back to default mode. The purpose of the help window is to serve as a confirmation step to see if the player wants to target all enemies or not. This is a model replicated from the Final Fantasy battle system.

Alucart

Villager
Reaction score
Could someone help me? When I turn on at the same time the battle engine core plus victory after match I got a erro after any battle...

Type error

Failed to execute "createLinearGradient" on "CanvasRenderingContext2D": Float parameter 3 is non finite.

einlanzer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if I'm just being obtuse or what, but I can't notice any effect from changing any of the parameters other than enabling or disabling rubber banding in the ATB system. My characters have a roughly 2x range for Agility (at level 99, the slowest is 250 while the fastest is 500, with a linear progression up to that), but I don't want the 500 agility character to have twice as many turns as the slowest character. I'd prefer something like a 3:2 ratio.

I know I can enable and modify rubberbanding, but that's not ideal because it would just mean scores outside of a given range just get truncated - all characters below and above a certain threshold would just move at the same speed.

What I (and I think a few other folks) really need is a way to control the influence of the agility stat over the base ATB speed.  Do you have any recommendations for modifications to any of your base formulas to obtain my goal above? 

As always, thanks for all of your work!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I found a  possible bug. If you turn off TP bar with the core engine and do not have your skill core plug in installed as well, it crashes the game whenever you try to go to the skills menu (the crash goes away when you install both plug-ins though).

I dunno if that is fixable, but if not you may want to warn people of this and to not use that feature unless they also install your skill core engine.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Could someone help me? When I turn on at the same time the battle engine core plus victory after match I got a erro after any battle...

Type error

Failed to execute "createLinearGradient" on "CanvasRenderingContext2D": Float parameter 3 is non finite.
Hi George3x. Please use this template to make a bug report: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48860-yep-yanfly-engine-plugins-plugin-count-23/page-2#entry486295

I'm not sure if I'm just being obtuse or what, but I can't notice any effect from changing any of the parameters other than enabling or disabling rubber banding in the ATB system. My characters have a roughly 2x range for Agility (at level 99, the slowest is 250 while the fasted is 500, with a linear progression up to that), but I don't want the 500 agility character to have twice as many turns as the slowest character. I'd prefer something like a 3:2 ratio.

I know I can enable and modify rubberbanding, but that's not ideal because it would just mean scores outside of a given range just get truncated - all characters below and above a certain threshold would just move at the same speed.

What I (and I think a lot of folks) really need is a way to control the influence of the agility stat over the base ATB speed.  Do you have any recommendations for modifications to any of your base formulas to obtain my goal above? 

As always, thanks for all of your work!
Hmmm... I'm going to try a temporary feature. If it works as intended, you can use an eval to determine the rate at which the ATB bar fills up using your own formula. Be warned, because of the nature of evals, there's a lot of processing power required for evals to run nonstop. So for that, I've created a temp solution to minimize that. If this doesn't cause lag, I'll keep the feature. If it doesn't, I'll be removing it. This will be based on what I see people say.

http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js This should be version 1.04

The new parameter is "Per Tick" found at the very top. Give it a try and lemme know how it works for you.

I found a  possible bug. If you turn off TP bar with the core engine and do not have your skill core plug in installed as well, it crashes the game whenever you try to go to the skills menu (the crash goes away when you install both plug-ins though).

I dunno if that is fixable, but if not you may want to warn people of this and to not use that feature unless they also install your skill core engine.
I'm pretty sure you have outdated versions of the plugins. Visit here, download the listed plugins, and follow the instructions as per this video.

Alucart

Villager
Reaction score
Plugin Name: Battle engine core / victory after match

Error Message:

Type error

Failed to execute "createLinearGradient" on "CanvasRenderingContext2D": Float parameter 3 is non finite.:

TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite.

at TypeError (native)

at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/rpg_core.js:781:24)

at Window_VictoryExp.Window_Base.drawGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1208:19)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawExpGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:576:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawActorGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:538:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawItemGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:516:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawAllGauges (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:497:41)

at Window_VictoryExp.updateTicks (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:490:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.update (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:479:36)

at file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/rpg_core.js:5734:19

After a Battle scene I got this error

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Did you also follow this?

HOWEVER, before you make a bug report! Please visit my website and download all the latest versions of the plugins (

). If you don't have the patience to do that, I won't share my patience to fix the bug. If you still get the bug after updating all the plugins and installing them properly, continue on and using this template:
Because I'm pretty positive I've fixed that bug.

Alucart

Villager
Reaction score
Plugin Name: Battle engine core / victory after match

Error Message:

Type error

Failed to execute "createLinearGradient" on "CanvasRenderingContext2D": Float parameter 3 is non finite.:

TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite.

at TypeError (native)

at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/rpg_core.js:781:24)

at Window_VictoryExp.Window_Base.drawGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1208:19)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawExpGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:576:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawActorGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:538:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawItemGauge (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:516:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.drawAllGauges (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:497:41)

at Window_VictoryExp.updateTicks (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:490:10)

at Window_VictoryExp.update (file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:479:36)

at file:///C:/Users/George/Documents/Games/Project2/js/rpg_core.js:5734:19

After a Battle scene I got this error
Untitled.jpg

I'm sorry, Can't use the command  /img...

yeah I did...

V1.13a and V1.02

I'm thankful for everything... 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool
Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif
It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwiras