[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmm...I'm pretty sure mine is current, as that was a new project after a re-download that did that. I'll try it again and report back if it happens again.

2. Joewoof

Joewoof Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I ran into a similar problem too, but Yanfly already fixed the TP bar bug. Make sure everything is up-to-date and in the right order. Double-check. Worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  3. metronome

metronome Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (Sure!)
    @yanfly

Hi again,

I don't know if this is intended or something, but I find out that you can not remove equipped weapon or armor using event command (change weapons/armors -> decrease 1 -> include equipped weapons/armors checkbox ticked) if the item_core.js is on....

Could you please look it up

Thanks as always for your plugins and supports.

Yanfly likes this.
  4. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Nice work finding that bug! It was an oversight of mine. Here's a fix for it! http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_ItemCore.js

5. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

A new Tips & Tricks Video!

Here's one on how to recreate Celes' Runic Blade from Final Fantasy 6!

The line used in the video is:

if (baseDamage > 0 && target.isStateAffected(13)) { value = 0; target.gainMp(item.mpCost) }The plugins used are:

Taunt

Damage Core

Have fun all!

SilverStarNeko and Jeffafa like this.
  6. Jeffafa

Jeffafa Multi-colored Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Omg you are too amazing. Please stop. Also, thank you and don't really stop. lol <3

7. Alucart

Alucart Villager Member

Hello! thanks for help me out yesterday! 

Wondering if could you give to us any news about party system, also if is it possible make a passive skills like Final Fantasy IX.

I really appreciate the attention!

thanks.

8. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

The Party System plugin is the round 2 poll winner: 

:) It'll be made soon.

The plugins listed in the video are the ones I'll be focusing on.

Alucart likes this.
  9. Vegnarus

Vegnarus Veteran Veteran

Hey Yanfly, do you plan on remaking the Save Engine from VXA right now? (or soon enough?) I remember having to edit it quite a bit to add and move things around and that ended up looking pretty good. You haven't mentioned anything about it or brought it up in the voting polls, so I wanted to ask you about it. You could make it pretty flexible now in MV.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  10. Pine Towers

Pine Towers Knight Hospitaller Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Yanfly and thank you for all you do for the RPG Maker community.

Today I d/l your latest update pack of plugins and my skills stopped showing in the menus, either in Battle Test or in-game.

Opened a thread in Plugin Support and Shaz helped me out to discover the defective plugin. The skills returned after I turned off Skill Core. As I said in the thread, F8 gave me nothing.

Obrigado pelo esforço.

11. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

That was due to an update. When you update, you MUST follow the instructions on this video:

What you most likely did (not) do, was not open up the plugin within the Plugin Manager after updating it. Why is this a problem? Because when a new parameter is added and you don't do that, you'll get an undefined value for the new parameter. In this case, the columns parameter was added to the Skill Core. Undefined number of columns means 0. Thus, you will show 0 skills in your window.

12. Joewoof

Joewoof Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello Yanfly, I think you should add an example of a simple battle action sequence into the plugin help files. At the very least, show how the default action sequence is laid out. Currently, I have to check the forums to see what I was missing, and then do a lot of trial-and-error to make it work. That's not ideal, and judging from this thread, many other people seems confused as well. It might seem dead-easy to you, but not for others!

Yanfly and bgillisp like this.
  13. TheGamedawg

TheGamedawg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm having a weird interaction when it comes to attempting to make a custom status screen.  The issue arises when I try to add or edit the part of my game's original rpg_windows.js file, specifically editing the parameters that are displayed.  Strangely, the YEP_CoreEngine seems to undo all the work I attempt outside of moving the positioning of stuff around.

I'm probably doing a terrible job explaining this, so here's a couple images.  http://imgur.com/a/Qbx4L

The first one is with the plugin off.  Notice how the parameters display health and magic alongside the other ones?  This is what I'm trying to do.  When I turn the Core plugin on it just magically undoes all my work.  

14. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey Yanfly,

Do you see yourself adding a feature for Dynamic Item Upgrades? Where they can be removed/switched out instead of permanently being attached to the equipment.

15. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

If you modify the original rpg_x.js files, then yes, the Core Engine will overwrite them as any other plugins out there will. If you want your custom status screen to retain its effect, you'll have to create a plugin file outside of the original source code and place it under the Core Engine.

Eventually, yes. I have plans on making equippable sockets for items.

TheGamedawg likes this.
  16. Janusz

Janusz Veteran Veteran

I have a question about ATB Plugin. Enemy cast on my actor Total Debuff spell(each debuff x2),then atb bar(of that actor) fill still that same time as rest(non debuffing actors). It is a bug or not?

17. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Most likely, you reached the rubberbanding point. 

18. Lowell

Lowell The Walking Atelier Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible to set individual variances for different stat types?

19. TheGamedawg

TheGamedawg Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Alright, thanks!  Another fix I found was to edit your core engine so it more so matches the changes I've made to my own Window_Status.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  20. Marston

Marston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    It seems like the new DamageCore version killed critical hits. They now deal the same amount of damage as normal hits, it seems to doesn't apply the bonus. It's back to normal when I deactivate the DamageCore plugin (CriticalControl also doesn't work when DamageCore is activated).

Edit: Meant DamageCore, not BattleCore.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.