[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiriseo

kiriseo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German

I know that, Yanfly.

I think we had a similiar talk a while back.

1) All used plugins are up to date

2) They are in the right order

3) I even remove the plugin from the Manager and add it again after updates

4) Only CoreEngine, PartySystem, and RowFormation

5) I'm not using Battle Test. I create an event with enemys on the maps.

So, to get this right.

Your "Custom Row Condition" tag has to go in a state that gets applied via the "Row States" plugin parameter, like the description says, right?

2. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Item 51 needs to have the ingredients tags.

Yes. I'm well aware of how to use my plugins. I made them after all.

And for what it's worth

<Custom Row Condition>
    condition = user.friendsUnit().rowAliveSize(1) > 0;
    </Custom Row Condition>

works perfectly fine with no stacking errors. If that fails to work for you, then I strongly suggest you do not use the plugin.

3. kiriseo

kiriseo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German

Alright, I get the feeling you don't understand what I mean.

Maybe it's because english isn't my first language.

1) I just asked to be sure, 'cause you used that tag in actor instead of a state.

2) When I copy & paste your code, I won't get the stacking error.

Instead I get this when I try to change the row of an actor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3) I'm not "using" that plugin. I try to help others with it in the plugin support section.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  4. Bahamut20

Bahamut20 Can I edit this? Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish

Thanks! I got it now.

Request: It would be cool if you could see Passive States effects on the Item Upgrade Slots status window like you do on the equip window.

5. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

The tag was placed inside of a state. Like I said, I know how to use my own plugins. You're coming off as really insulting in how you're saying it, too. Do you really think I do not know how to use my own plugin?

Using this code:

<Custom Row Condition>
    condition = user.friendsUnit().rowAliveSize(1) <= 0;
    </Custom Row Condition>

This is the effect. Row 2 is marked by a gold star.

[​IMG]

Everything is working as intended.

Now, I'm going to ask BOTH you and Machy and to not post about this subject again and leave the thread. You assumed the error was with my plugins, then assumed I didn't know how to use my own plugin correctly, then you've continuously violated the thread rules SEVERAL times about this matter and wasted a lot of my time. I'm not taking too kindly to this right now at all.

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

guyhi likes this.
  6. skyshadow235

skyshadow235 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello,

I am having issues. I honestly don't know if this is a bug or action sequence issue, and will understand if you get a bit agitated at me if this is the other. I seem to be getting a crash in my game when my battler tries to do a basic attack without having a weapon equipped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do have the plugins up to date and even updated them today after you set up today's updates.

[​IMG]

I was wondering if maybe there was an accidental bug or I was doing something beyond idiot in my action sequence which I will link here:

http://pastebin.com/4nzWWuXR

If it does turn out to be something I did wrong then I do apologize and would greatly appreciate if you could correct me //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

7. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Action Sequence Help goes here: 

8. kiriseo

kiriseo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German

Alright, that does it.

First, you said this:

I read it as "I put it into an actor". That's why I asked.

Second

I never said that you wouldn't know how to use your own plugin. Not once!

Where did you get that idea from?

Third:

Let me guess, you're using the Battle Test from the Database.

When I'm using that, I won't get any error.

I was talking about starting a new game and use the normal menu.

And there I get the stack error as long as the tag is inside a state.

If it's inside an actor when starting a new game, I don't get that, but can't change rows via the normal menu without the BattleEngineCore plugin.

That's where the above error comes from.

But fine, I won't come back to this thread.

9. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

[​IMG]

No problems here at all.

I'll hold you to your word.

10. skyshadow235

skyshadow235 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you, and I just went over there, I'm glad it wasn't a bug. I really hate giving bad news //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_sad.gif

11. StarWarrior00

StarWarrior00 ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yanfly, Didn't @Archeia say something about implementing a plugin refresh feature so that we don't have to go into the plugin for the additions/fixes to be implemented?

12. Omegadragon8

Omegadragon8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just wanted to mention, for those of you who can't help yourself but make requests and suggestions on the Update/Bug Report forum, Bahamut20 has created an unofficial Yanfly Plugins Request sub forum under the JS Request forum that Yanfly redirects you to. It is here 

Maybe one day when Yanfly makes it through his/her/gerbil/rabbit (I don't know what you identify as Yanfly) huge todo list, then maybe Yanfly would take a look and see if any are worth adding to the Plugins. Other powerful coders are welcome to help us too of course //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif  Please refrain from wasting Yanfly's time on this thread with improper posts, we need Yanfly to make more plugins //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_tongue.gif 

Yanfly and Riff like this.
  13. Macky

Macky Villager Member

First Language:
    English

When I posted here I had already gotten around this issue and just wanted to report what I saw just in case it was a bug or something.
    I just misunderstood what the Note meant and posted only 2 more times.

I just wanted to say that when you told me "I already see problems with your syntax" I left the thread and did as you said and posted in the java support area.

I did NOT tell the other user to come back to annoy you because I already got my answer from you.

I never assumed anything just reporting what I saw and I would never assume that no one would know how to use their own plugin.

He came here asking even though I TOLD HIM I already got my answer from you.

I am so sorry that a possible bug report turned into this and in the future if I find something wrong I will go to the support forum first and only come here if it is 100% a bug.

Thank you for making these awesome plugins and I'm so sorry for the trouble I caused.

Yanfly likes this.
  14. section31

section31 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have quick question about the YEP Party System. It's been working great and I used it as far back as VX Ace..But there is one area where the behavior on it is different in MV. What I have in my game is about 100 playable characters...and you can freely choose which ones you want in your team..But I want it so that when you remove them from the team, it shows up that they are not in the party...In VX Ace, this is what happened, but in MV it doesn't.

For example if you went and talked to a character, and they joined your team (let's say a chief engineer on a starbase)...then you got 8 more people on your team but you chose the 6 you like the most...Then the other 2 members of the team should go back to where you recruited them from, or go back to a standby position. So if you took the engineer off the team..They should go back to their workstation at the space station. Does that make sense?

Here's a video example...

EXAMPLE 1 - VX Ace where it works normally:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/18ip7xvdu8bww7g/Working-VX.mp4?dl=0

EXAMPLE 2 - Rpg Maker MV where it doesn't remove character from party:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yavym53qxo6y71u/NotWorking-MV.mp4?dl=0

15. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For the skill learn system, is it possible to make it so that it checks both the actors and the classes for the list of skills they can learn? Reason I'm asking is right now if I want to have actor specific skills that an actor can learn I have to make a different version of the class for each actor, because if I put the skill as learnable under the class it shows up as being able to be learned by everyone, not just the actor with the skill type to use that skill.

Incidentally, this was a non-issue in ACE as in ACE if I put a tag under the class for the skill to be learned, it didn't show up as an option still unless the actor also had the skill type to use that skill. For some reason under MV it shows up regardless.

16. KingGodzilla

KingGodzilla King of the Monsters Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Having an error with the DashToggle plugin. No matter what I do, the game crashed at start, regardless of new game or saved files, and I've even tried disabling all other plugins except for the core plugin and the dash plugin, still error. Help?

TypeError 'isDashDisabled' of undefined

F8 log: TypeError: Cannot read property 'isDashDisabled' of undefined
        at Game_Map.isDashDisabled (/E:/Games/Test/js/plugins/YEP_DashToggle.js:178)
        at Game_Player.updateDashing (rpg_objects.js:7651)
        at Game_Player.update (rpg_objects.js:7634)
        at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:418)
        at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:409)
        at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:398)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1673)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (/E:/Games/Test/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:108)
        at Function.SceneManager.update (/E:/Games/Test/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:86)

Edit: I've tried with or without the FluidTimestep plugin, still get the error.

17. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After the latest update, everytime I begin a battle (even in test) I get SyntaxError unexpected token u.

18. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

RPG Maker VX Ace considers those in the reserve to be not a part of the main party.

RPG Maker MV considers those in the reserve to be a party of the main party.

You can use the Lunatic Mode notetags for the showing requirement. <Learn Show Eval>

Make a check to see if it's a particular actor. If the check passes, show the learnable skill. If the check doesn't, don't show the learnable skill.

Ah, this happens because you have no party members in your party. This should fix it: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_DashToggle.js

***No console error log:

If you're getting an error, make sure you have all the plugins you're using updated.
    If you still get the error, can you press F8 to open up the debug console.
    From there, click the Console tab.
    Then, can you copy and paste all the error messages you see here?

19. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry, I forgot.

SyntaxError: Unexpected token u
        at Object.parse (native)
        at Function.JsonEx.parse (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/rpg_core.js:7740:30)
        at Function.JsonEx.makeDeepCopy (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/rpg_core.js:7752:17)
        at Game_Enemy.createStealableItems (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/plugins/YEP_StealSnatch.js:950:35)
        at Game_Enemy.setup (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/plugins/YEP_StealSnatch.js:946:10)
        at Game_Enemy.initialize (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/rpg_objects.js:4266:10)
        at Game_Enemy.initialize (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/plugins/YEP_SwapEnemies.js:134:38)
        at new Game_Enemy (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/rpg_objects.js:4258:21)
        at Game_Troop.<anonymous> (file:///E:/Enterbrain/MV/Adventures/js/rpg_objects.js:5230:25)
        at Array.forEach (native)

20. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Ah, that was a blunder I made last night while doing the mass update. Redownload StealSnatch and it should be fine.

Tuomo L likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.