HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's no OR requirement notetag. If you wish to do that, you'll have to utilize the Lunatic Mode notetags.
There doesn't seem to be lunatic mode notetags in the Help section. 

Also as a follow up for my second question. Is the Remove Class for Actor permanent until I Unlock it again via command?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be lunatic mode notetags in the Help section. 

Also as a follow up for my second question. Is the Remove Class for Actor permanent until I Unlock it again via command?

Thanks

My bad. I forgot there weren't any Lunatic Mode notetags. In that case, you'll just have to event it.

And yes.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Nevermind!

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi yanfly,

It is possible to ask for a port of enemy target info from rpg maker vx ace into MV?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*Moved to Request*

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a problem with resizing the game window (using YEP_Core, which I just downloaded today). If I use a height of 720 or higher the game window suddenly has black borders on the left and right sides...

Here's a screenshot at 1024x624

MVWindowsize1024x624.PNG

Here's one at 1024x720

MVWindowsize1024x720.PNG

As you can see, it develops a black border for the one that uses 720 height. The same result happens even if I adjust the width to something like 1280 or more, as long as the height is at least 720. The map I'm trying it on is 50x50 btw if that affects anything.

ThePotatoOfFire

8-bit Obsessed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't mind that I trouble you with a suggestion, I am thinking that for the Extended Message Pack, should you choose to do so, taller sprite sets will have the name box get cut off in a message box like this.

It may not necessarily apply to tall sprites either since at the top of a screen with an RTP/Generator sprite you'd get the same effect.

Sorry to pester you yet again.
There is a request topic that Yanfly has linked several times, please post this over there. 

Bicept

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using Row Formation by default the actors are aligned on an angle. I know you can re-position the entire party using the Plugin Manager, but how can I change the angle to match the red line in the picture for my rows?

DoD.png

Veralisa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yanfly, I'd like to report a possible bug.

Plugin Name: Equip Requirements

Error Message: None

How to Replicate Bug:

1. Create a new project with no plugins other than Equip Core and Equip Requirements

2. Create an item with requirements, I used the basic sword with Atk > 20

3. Test game, go to the equip screen

4. Manually, it's not possible to equip the sword because requirements aren't met (which should be the case)

5. But if you hit 'optimize', the sword is auto-equipped regardless of whether the requirements are met or not

Other: I'm super paranoid about wasting your time, so I made a quick video of the situation I'm experiencing ^_^; Hopefully I'm not just being a derp and missing something obvious. 

Edit: Seems like the restricted item appears to be equipped (with stat changes etc) after hitting 'optimize', but when the party enters battle the restricted item is removed. Maybe it's just a visual bug then?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I have a problem with resizing the game window (using YEP_Core, which I just downloaded today). If I use a height of 720 or higher the game window suddenly has black borders on the left and right sides...

Here's a screenshot at 1024x624

Here's one at 1024x720

As you can see, it develops a black border for the one that uses 720 height. The same result happens even if I adjust the width to something like 1280 or more, as long as the height is at least 720. The map I'm trying it on is 50x50 btw if that affects anything.

This is due to the resolution of your actual monitor. Even without using plugins, if game's window is larger than the monitor's resolution, then RPG Maker MV will scale the game canvas smaller. If you want to try it out yourself, don't use any plugins, run your game, move your mouse to the corner of the game window, and resize it to something smaller or later. If the ratio of the window isn't exactly fit to that of the game, black borders are going to appear.

Using Row Formation by default the actors are aligned on an angle. I know you can re-position the entire party using the Plugin Manager, but how can I change the angle to match the red line in the picture for my rows?

View attachment 33140

You'll have to change the formula of the row X for each row.

Hey Yanfly, I'd like to report a possible bug.

Plugin Name: Equip Requirements

Error Message: None

How to Replicate Bug:

1. Create a new project with no plugins other than Equip Core and Equip Requirements

2. Create an item with requirements, I used the basic sword with Atk > 20

3. Test game, go to the equip screen

4. Manually, it's not possible to equip the sword because requirements aren't met (which should be the case)

5. But if you hit 'optimize', the sword is auto-equipped regardless of whether the requirements are met or not

Other: I'm super paranoid about wasting your time, so I made a quick video of the situation I'm experiencing ^_^; Hopefully I'm not just being a derp and missing something obvious. 

Edit: Seems like the restricted item appears to be equipped (with stat changes etc) after hitting 'optimize', but when the party enters battle the restricted item is removed. Maybe it's just a visual bug then?

***Cannot Reproduce Error

Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Usehttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello Yanfly, I have 2 questions for you:

1: What program do you use to view .js files? I'd like to be able to read the code so I can see what is going on.

2: How can I reproduce your lunatic state ability from ACE to block x damage from all sources? I think there might have been a tips/tricks video on this a long time ago, but it's buried so far back I can't find it. I know it will take lunatic mode, but what's the code needed for this one? Or where should I go to ask about that?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A

1: What program do you use to view .js files? I'd like to be able to read the code so I can see what is going on.

You can view JS files with Notepad.

kz13

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hi all. I have a question about yep.18 - region restriction. In short - i need a parameter which allow movement only X axis for player. It may be parameter "Player Allow", i already use "All Allow" for movement both axis. In my mind need to fix .js file but i dont know java and have not idea how to fix it. Could you tell me about fix or (what's better) give me fixed plugin? Thanks a lot. 

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

2: How can I reproduce your lunatic state ability from ACE to block x damage from all sources? I think there might have been a tips/tricks video on this a long time ago, but it's buried so far back I can't find it. I know it will take lunatic mode, but what's the code needed for this one? Or where should I go to ask about that?
You can use notepad, but if you want better functionality, I recommend any of the bevy of free JS programs, personally I enjoy Atom, as its highly customizable and can open entire folders and sub folders of JS files with one click.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score

1. I use Sublime Text.

2. You can do this without Lunatic Mode. There's a trait within the states that you can just set the damage setting for physical and magical damage to 0%.

Hi all. I have a question about yep.18 - region restriction. In short - i need a parameter which allow movement only X axis for player. It may be parameter "Player Allow", i already use "All Allow" for movement both axis. In my mind need to fix .js file but i dont know java and have not idea how to fix it. Could you tell me about fix or (what's better) give me fixed plugin? Thanks a lot. 

As I've posted on the first post of this thread:

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED FOR UPDATES AND BUG REPORTS!

This thread is NOT a request thread. Requests include new plugins, new features for existing plugins, and features that you personally think should exist but currently do not. If you want requests, visit the proper subforum for it; this thread is not the place to do so.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
2. You can do this without Lunatic Mode. There's a trait within the states that you can just set the damage setting for physical and magical damage to 0%.
I meant if I wanted a state to block the first 25 HP of all damage, but then you took the rest of the damage after that. Back in ACE the tag was <react effect: damage block -25>

Edit: Nevermind, found it. It was deep in the help file.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I use Sublime Text.
Hey! I use that too!  ;)

Also I love the newest version of keyboard config, it's super useful that now we can create custom buttons for our common events which gives us SO SO much more freedom in what we can do with it!

section31

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey! I use that too!  ;)

Also I love the newest version of keyboard config, it's super useful that now we can create custom buttons for our common events which gives us SO SO much more freedom in what we can do with it!

I use Notepad++ myself...Makes the code a lot easier to look at. 

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, i've a problem... i noticed a problem that involves skill core, because if i turn off the script, the problem DESAPPEAR.

Attack have this formula: a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

If i create a skill with another formula, only A BIT more hard, for example: a.atk * 5 - b.def * 2  i don't understand why the damage is only for example 200 , (so, the damage showed up is only 200) (and the enemy have 5000), and the enemy dies in one shot!

Dafuq i don't understand... WTF why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GmOcean