Not open for further replies.

BlackNekos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dunno if I am being extremely stupid or something, but the Item Synthesis plugin seems to have a problem with weapons. 

I have a weapon that requires another weapon in order to create but when Synthesising, it doesn't seem to recognize the weapon that has been use in the notetag.

<Synthesis Ingredients>
item 58: 5
item 69: 3
item 87: 1
weapon 1: 1
</Synthesis Ingredients>

this is the code, it recognizes everything but the weapon id. I have had the weapon 1 at top, without the number needed, as a named item itself, but I cannot seem to use it. 

There isn't an error code or anything coming up so I have no idea why the weapon isn't added to the list of ingredients needed. 

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Yanfly,

I have this error when I use an item or skill that affects the Actor. Items and skills used on enemies has no problems. As I've not really tested things on my actors in... well pretty much ever, I have no idea when this error came to be.

Not sure if I broke the internet or if it's a legitimate bug.

P.S. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Error2.png

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dunno if I am being extremely stupid or something, but the Item Synthesis plugin seems to have a problem with weapons. 

I have a weapon that requires another weapon in order to create but when Synthesising, it doesn't seem to recognize the weapon that has been use in the notetag.

<Synthesis Ingredients>
</Synthesis Ingredients>

this is the code, it recognizes everything but the weapon id. I have had the weapon 1 at top, without the number needed, as a named item itself, but I cannot seem to use it. 

There isn't an error code or anything coming up so I have no idea why the weapon isn't added to the list of ingredients needed. 

the weapon must be an indiviual weapon...... as in able be to upgraded through item upgrades...., 

BlackNekos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the weapon must be an indiviual weapon...... as in able be to upgraded through item upgrades...., 

Alright, I have fixed the issue. Still very confused by how I did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
um according to http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/  you updated eventchasestealth yet the new version isnt avalible for download on the site D:

EDIT:

nvm it seems you just didnt label the update in the file itself properly it will display as 1.00 but it is the updated version.....1.01

Thanks, I'll get that renamed!

---

<Synthesis Ingredients>
</Synthesis Ingredients>

If you are using independent items, independent items can NOT be ingredients. This is explained within the plugin help file:

* <Synthesis Ingredients>
* item id
* item id: x
* weapon id
* weapon id: x
* armor id
* armor id: x
* gold: x
* named item
* named item: x
* </Synthesis Ingredients>
* Using the above tag in an item will set those items as the ingredients
* required for the player to synthesize. Replace "id" with the proper item,
* weapon, or armor ID's. If no ":x" is used, the database will register that
* as only needing 1 of that item as an ingredient. If "gold: x" is used,
* that will be the cost required to synthesize the item.
* If you are using named entries, priority will be given to the highest ID
* in the order of items, weapons, then armors.
* * Note: If you are using Item Core, Independent Items cannot become an
* ingredient for a recipe and will therefore be automatically omitted.

---

Hi Yanfly,

I have this error when I use an item or skill that affects the Actor. Items and skills used on enemies has no problems. As I've not really tested things on my actors in... well pretty much ever, I have no idea when this error came to be.

Not sure if I broke the internet or if it's a legitimate bug.

P.S. Hope you are feeling better soon.

View attachment 33307

***Cannot Reproduce Error

Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A lot of games will play windowed mode in that locked resolution even if the Taskbar is on top. RPG Maker's game window will resize itself to the biggest possible resolution without being cut off, so if you have to take the Taskbar and the RPG Maker's window outline into consideration. So if your resolution is 768 and your taskbar is ~40? + top and bottom of the RPG Maker window is ~20 so what your really getting is less than 720.

If you want to Play at the proper resolution Press F3 while the game is running, if you want to play full screen Press F4. Pressing F3 while Full Screen you can change it from your set resolution mode to edge touch mode. Hope this helps.

ahh the taskbar.. that makes sense. thanks

@Yanfly - the image isnt x768 since I didnt include the taskbar ln the snip. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got a question for you Yanfly. I thought a while ago one of the poll winners was a skill cost gold plug-in? Well, either I imagined it or I can't find the plug in anywhere as I don't see it on your website or on the most recent download list. Did that plug in ever get made? Or is it combined with another plug-in? Or are we just supposed to use lunatic mode with another plug-in to replicate that effect?

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
***Cannot Reproduce Error

Since I cannot reproduce the error, I'm going to ask you to do the following.

1. Download all the newest updates of the plugin.
2. Create a new project. Do NOT just copy over your game project folders. This should be just a stock, empty, new RPG Maker MV project.
3. If the project's file size is above 200 MB, remove unnecessary audio and image files until you reach that size. Use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47985-mvstripper-remove-unused-assets-from-your-mv-project/ if you need some help doing so.
4. Install -only- the affected plugins. If you're using non-YEP plugins, do NOT include them.
5. Do -NOT- rename the plugins' filenames. They cease to work if you do so.
6. Make sure they're in the right order listed on http://yanfly.moe/yep/
7. Recreate the error.
8. Archive the project with WinZip or WinRAR. Do not archive it multiple times. It does not compress it further.
9. Upload the project online (do -not- deploy it) to a website like MediaFire.com or Mega.co.nz or Dropbox.
10. Post the link here and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for helping!

Not to worry Yanfly. After turning off all plugins to go through the "process of elimination" I found the error was happening with no plugins active at all. I did a search on the new error I was being given and found this thread which had the answer... Basically I was being a noob!

Hopefully will help anyone else who comes up against this error

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Got a question for you Yanfly. I thought a while ago one of the poll winners was a skill cost gold plug-in? Well, either I imagined it or I can't find the plug in anywhere as I don't see it on your website or on the most recent download list. Did that plug in ever get made? Or is it combined with another plug-in? Or are we just supposed to use lunatic mode with another plug-in to replicate that effect?

Nope. It was last place for so long so I deemed it as one of the ones that people didn't care much about and removed it from the candidates list. If anything, I'll do a Tips & Tricks at a later point on showing how to make a gold cost through a more crude method. The Tips & Tricks won't encompass all the functionality I had in mind for the plugin however.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
FPS Synch Option

Features and How to Use

RPG Maker MV is constructed in a way where each update to its engine is done once per frame update. While this is normally fine, as many players view the game through 60 fps, some players experience the game differently as their hardware may run at higher than 60 fps.

When RPG Maker MV version 1.1.0 is implemented, it implemented Galenmereth's fluid timestep, which forces the game to always play as if it is 60 fps. In practice, this is great for everybody because players that experience more 60 fps will be able to play the game as if it was 60 fps.

However, there comes a problem when a player's hardware isn't strong enough to support RPG Maker MV natively at 60 fps (such as the case with older computers, or weaker mobile devices) or if the player is using video recording software that goes below 60 fps. The game will appear laggy and jumping without good response rates from input commands or possibly even make the player miss out on certain visual frame updates.

This plugin places a setting in the Options menu to enable or disable the fluid timestep addition and utilize the former RPG Maker MV engine updating function. This way, players will have the option of using fluid timesteps or opting to not use it instead of forcing it on everybody who may not be able to handle it.

Plugin Download: http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/10/yep-81-fps-synch-option/ 

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
FPS Synch Option

Features and How to Use

RPG Maker MV is constructed in a way where each update to its engine is done once per frame update. While this is normally fine, as many players view the game through 60 fps, some players experience the game differently as their hardware may run at higher than 60 fps.

When RPG Maker MV version 1.1.0 is implemented, it implemented Galenmereth's fluid timestep, which forces the game to always play as if it is 60 fps. In practice, this is great for everybody because players that experience more 60 fps will be able to play the game as if it was 60 fps.

However, there comes a problem when a player's hardware isn't strong enough to support RPG Maker MV natively at 60 fps (such as the case with older computers, or weaker mobile devices) or if the player is using video recording software that goes below 60 fps. The game will appear laggy and jumping without good response rates from input commands or possibly even make the player miss out on certain visual frame updates.

This plugin places a setting in the Options menu to enable or disable the fluid timestep addition and utilize the former RPG Maker MV engine updating function. This way, players will have the option of using fluid timesteps or opting to not use it instead of forcing it on everybody who may not be able to handle it.

Plugin Download: http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/10/yep-81-fps-synch-option/ 

THANK YOU!
After the update, my own game just wasn't playable for me but with this I can finally play my own game. Thanks a million Yanfly! //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Another analysis looking at the current votes:

1: Equip Skill Slots- I'm sure this is a much desired one and looking at your MV record, I'm assuming that this will be highly customizable as in more skill slots may be equipped later on, organizing the skills we'll actually use apart from the clutter, or perhaps we can restrict our players to equipping passives . Maybe in the future, you can do a limited skill selection as seen in SMT and Pokemon? It would be the same although you as the player rprobably don't want to lose certain skills.

2: Attachable Augments- I'm not sure what the difference is between this and the one. I'm assuming it'll be like Fallout 4's equipment customization where for example players can assign a blade or a grip? 

3: Target Select Control: This one confuses me. I haven't exactly found what'll make it differ from the Target Core. Maybe if I'm right, that means it'll effect all enemies of a type as seen in Dragon Quest? Maybe it'd work like Raijin who won't hit girls in FFVIII or Rude who won't fight Tifa?

4: Skill Unleash: I'm guessing it'll be Weapon Unleash but with skills. I think you had a randomized skill option in the past.

5: Item Disassemble: It could be evented without the nice menu I'd think.

6: Battler Cutins: Looks nice, but wouldn't have any practical use since we'd need to find the busts in the first place and it's not easy to get those resources.

7: Limited Item Stock: Can't say much although some gamers might be annoyed.

8: Battle Face Reactions: I hope this one doesn't get axed even though it's visual. Still, this would require specific resources which may be hurting its votes, but it's easy to create expressions through the generator unless you're not using it.

9: Field Stamina System:

10: Gender Traits: I'm sure that you could make an equipment type that's female only, but then there's my above Final Fantasy examples for Target Select Control.

11: Mana Control: I'd assume this is like TP with smaller numbers and RPG Makers would just reduce the maximum TP.

12: Music Player: Moghunter has one which makes me think that this is at the bottom of the list or the battle theme might get overwritten easily when it comes to a boss battle since most would just change the battle BGM.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another analysis looking at the current votes:

1: Equip Skill Slots- I'm sure this is a much desired one and looking at your MV record, I'm assuming that this will be highly customizable as in more skill slots may be equipped later on, organizing the skills we'll actually use apart from the clutter, or perhaps we can restrict our players to equipping passives . Maybe in the future, you can do a limited skill selection as seen in SMT and Pokemon? It would be the same although you as the player rprobably don't want to lose certain skills.

2: Attachable Augments- I'm not sure what the difference is between this and the one. I'm assuming it'll be like Fallout 4's equipment customization where for example players can assign a blade or a grip? 

3: Target Select Control: This one confuses me. I haven't exactly found what'll make it differ from the Target Core. Maybe if I'm right, that means it'll effect all enemies of a type as seen in Dragon Quest? Maybe it'd work like Raijin who won't hit girls in FFVIII or Rude who won't fight Tifa?

4: Skill Unleash: I'm guessing it'll be Weapon Unleash but with skills. I think you had a randomized skill option in the past.

5: Item Disassemble: It could be evented without the nice menu I'd think.

6: Battler Cutins: Looks nice, but wouldn't have any practical use since we'd need to find the busts in the first place and it's not easy to get those resources.

7: Limited Item Stock: Can't say much although some gamers might be annoyed.

8: Battle Face Reactions: I hope this one doesn't get axed even though it's visual. Still, this would require specific resources which may be hurting its votes, but it's easy to create expressions through the generator unless you're not using it.

9: Field Stamina System:

10: Gender Traits: I'm sure that you could make an equipment type that's female only, but then there's my above Final Fantasy examples for Target Select Control.

11: Mana Control: I'd assume this is like TP with smaller numbers and RPG Makers would just reduce the maximum TP.

12: Music Player: Moghunter has one which makes me think that this is at the bottom of the list or the battle theme might get overwritten easily when it comes to a boss battle since most would just change the battle BGM.

1. most likely a more compatible, better version then what moogle X has on the market

2. you can remove the upgrade with this plug in so they are no longer permanant

3. this effect what you can target with a skill (ability to set melee attacks only able to attack the front row in row formations and other fun things)

4. no comment

5. can be done with events yes, but this simplifies the process drasticly

6. no comment

7. has its uses

8. no comment

9. very useful to have i can already think of 12 applications for it

10. this has uses like skills that are more effective ageisnt target of oppisite gender

11.a whole nother resource that has many applications but most devs wont see the beauty of it

12. not really most people actually love the BGM of a boss fight since the BGM is one of the things that make a boss memorible

GutshotStr8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it. If you're using EventChaseStealth with a limited-time stealth gauge, by default stealth can be reapplied while the party is already in stealth mode, refreshing the timer. If there's a hotkey for this, it renders the timer effectively meaningless. 

You can prevent this by adding a conditional branch to your stealth common event, something like the following:

If $gamePlayer.isStealthMode() :

<do nothing>

Else:

<Apply Stealth>

Barakonda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Plugin Name: FPS Synch Option

no error in debugger but when the option is turned off the game refuses to receive anymore user input.

even tough no user input can be made(keyboard and mouse) the game keeps running, so its not like its hanged

I'm using safari on my mac, and everything works in my windows machine. probably a safari only problem.

will be a problem for whoever actually uses safari and have a weak computer. 

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there, Yanfly.  Just wanted to report that with Message Macros there appears to be a limit to the number of chars I can pass in the Macro text.

Is there a way to get the system to adopt the following formatting instructions or will I have to rely on macros calling other macros to daisy-chain the effects I want?

The formatting string I'm attempting to parse:

\nc<\c[6]\n[2]\c[0]>\lsn<Transceiver>\lsv[20]\lspi[90]\lspiv[10]

The result:

ctjzTJv.png

EDIT: Aha, found the problem.  Whenever the name box escapes it makes my sound change stuff break.  If I put the name-box settings at the end of the macro it functions as expected.

Vandeliar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello Yanfly.

First off, tank you for our amazing work on your Plugins.

Please take a nice rest.

I have one Question:

The Picture Common Event Plugin isn't cancelled or ?

Because i didn't saw it, at the Polls.

Because i need it really to start my Game =/.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it. If you're using EventChaseStealth with a limited-time stealth gauge, by default stealth can be reapplied while the party is already in stealth mode, refreshing the timer. If there's a hotkey for this, it renders the timer effectively meaningless. 

You can prevent this by adding a conditional branch to your stealth common event, something like the following:

If $gamePlayer.isStealthMode() :

<do nothing>

Else:

<Apply Stealth>

Read response from here: 

---

Plugin Name: FPS Synch Option

no error in debugger but when the option is turned off the game refuses to receive anymore user input.

even tough no user input can be made(keyboard and mouse) the game keeps running, so its not like its hanged

I'm using safari on my mac, and everything works in my windows machine. probably a safari only problem.

will be a problem for whoever actually uses safari and have a weak computer. 

Are your project's rpg_x.js files updated to v1.1.0? If not, then this plugin won't work.

---

Hello Yanfly.

First off, tank you for our amazing work on your Plugins.

Please take a nice rest.

I have one Question:

The Picture Common Event Plugin isn't cancelled or ?

Because i didn't saw it, at the Polls.

Because i need it really to start my Game =/.

It won as my personal pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:
My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Podkopavac