Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldherren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, I now know it's incompatible by design rather than mistake. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got a lunatic question for you. I'm using the buff and states core, and am trying to set it up so that when a state leaves, another state is added in it's place. However, any attempt I've tried at the addstate command has resulted in an error. So far I've tried.

a.AddState(x)

AddState(x)

user.AddState(x)

target.AddState(x)

So how do I properly call the javascript command AddState inside a custom leave effect notetag?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Got a lunatic question for you. I'm using the buff and states core, and am trying to set it up so that when a state leaves, another state is added in it's place. However, any attempt I've tried at the addstate command has resulted in an error. So far I've tried.

a.AddState(x)

AddState(x)

user.AddState(x)

target.AddState(x)

So how do I properly call the javascript command AddState inside a custom leave effect notetag?

It'd be the script calls listed from here: 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's the thing. According to that script list it is addState. But, that is not working, as it seems it needs to be x.addState, but everything I've tried for x is not working.

Edit: Got it finally. this.addState(x) worked.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any JRPGer worth their salt would most likely never use the optimize equipment anyway.

What about a person not worth salt at all? YOUR game could be the first rpg they ever play or even first game they have ever played, period! You can't think that your players or even worse, customer wouldn't find this sort of broken optimize feature something they'd complain about and they'd have every right to be annoyed by a feature that is actively giving you non optimal items and misinformation. :unsure:

In Ace there was a script that fixed this, with the way of being able to set priorities for equipment via values. So obviously, the higher the priority, the more the optimize would consider the equipment optimal, regardless of values. This would eliminate the excess stress and would just search based on the priority list, as opposed to the raw stats. After checking the priority and if it'd find two with same, it could go back to raw stats, to make it able to work with the random variance option of items.

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Yanfly With the message system, is there a way to modify the Y of the messages?  My screen has an overlay which blocks the messages presently, as seen here.  I looked through the plugin code some but I'm not really seeing where it's pulling the Y from.  If there's not a variable for that you're using that's cool, just wanting to try and save some time if there is one in there somewhere that I haven't found yet.

JPPRzkl.png

Edit: Nevermind, found it after a lot of digging around in the base JS files!  That was a lot of jumping around.  (The function on line 4337 of rpg_windows.js exposes the variable _positionType which I used to override the y of the windows depending on what it was set to)

Castagna

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
YEP.32 – Class Change Core

is there any way to reach the same class from different classes?

for example, 
<Level Unlock Requirements>
Paladin: Level 20

Berserker: Level 20
</Level Unlock Requirements>

means that both must be at level 20.
How can i set that you need

Paladin at level 20 or (not both) Berserker at level 20?

_______EDIT_-->_SOLVED________________________________________________________
I solved this problem by editing the script at line 642 because I didn't need

the possibility to unlock a class with multiple requirements

(in this way, one requirement will be enough to unlock the class):

Before

Game_Actor.prototype.classUnlockLevelRequirementsMet = function(item) {
var classId;
for (classId in item.levelUnlockRequirements) {
var level = item.levelUnlockRequirements[classId];
if (this.classLevel(classId) < level) return false;
}
return true;

};

After

Game_Actor.prototype.classUnlockLevelRequirementsMet = function(item) {
var classId;
for (classId in item.levelUnlockRequirements) {
var level = item.levelUnlockRequirements[classId];
if (this.classLevel(classId) >= level) return true;
}
return false;

};

I'll leave the message here anyhow, if someone has the same problem.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's nice that you're still putting out these smaller plug-ins, but you really shouldn't push yourself after that health scare. I know we've discussed you choosing to stand by the community rather than working directly with the creators of the software, but still, I'm glad you're being more realistic about your plugins.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Equip Core >> Change Battle Equip

Features and How to Use

This plugin enables your player to be able to switch out an actor's equips mid-battle. This will take the player to the Equip menu rather than leave the player inside the battle scene.

Plugin and Instructions: http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/13/yep-83-change-battle-equip/ 

T_T the team is so evil after we decided to make everyone's weapon's permant equips this plug in comes out T_T so much use could of come from this

Tharis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sure this is more about support than it is about requesting Addons or plugins. But one I'd love to see is Synth Refining So the ability add effects to items (weapons, armor, accessories, and even potions) through the synthesis process. My crafting system revolves around this but for now I'm having to do a work around that allows a player to create a "refined" version of the item by using it as one of the costs and replacing it with a whole new item. That's all fine and good but then takes a huge amount of data basing. If it's not possible with a plugin and must require data basing  then no big deal.

I see that there is a request thread... I'll take this there.

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What about a person not worth salt at all? YOUR game could be the first rpg they ever play or even first game they have ever played, period! You can't think that your players or even worse, customer wouldn't find this sort of broken optimize feature something they'd complain about and they'd have every right to be annoyed by a feature that is actively giving you non optimal items and misinformation. :unsure:

In Ace there was a script that fixed this, with the way of being able to set priorities for equipment via values. So obviously, the higher the priority, the more the optimize would consider the equipment optimal, regardless of values. This would eliminate the excess stress and would just search based on the priority list, as opposed to the raw stats. After checking the priority and if it'd find two with same, it could go back to raw stats, to make it able to work with the random variance option of items.

I do not disagree, its also why I don't use absolutes (hence "most likely"), though the majority of RPG Maker games clientele tend to be fans, usually from much bigger JRPG titles. On that note, most MMO RPGS on the market right now have broken optimize functions that take into account flat stat changes being better than varied ones, and yes this is ultimately there for the new people, and the avid gamers who feel they have mastered such a system would take into account all the little nuances, that is all I mean to say, I am not trying to put down your topic in anyway, I even posted a suggestion under the correct thread for such a change. And  I was once a person who had never played an RPG before and eventually played my first RPG. This game had a function such as that, and I have fond memories of the struggle the game represents, now, going back and playing it the struggle seems laughable. Most games use an optimize system for the newby's and casuals, and are balanced so that the system should be challenging for the ones who use a quick system, and reward those who study the system by being easier. Personally, as I said earlier (and this is a personal opinion and in no way is an attempt to alter or change yours) I don't like the optimize option. But again, your request has been noted and filed under the Yanfly Plugin Request thread. Thank you :)  

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Hi guys,

I have a question here.

About YEP X limited skill use,

How do I increase the number of max use limit through normal eventing?

Thanks~~

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok Yanfly I just had a weird problem pop up when I was trying a combat test in a project I ended up getting a syntax error Unexpected token U. It went away when I turned off Steel and snatch Plug-in. Has anyone else got this error? This was after the update to RPG Maker MV and also the start animation was wrong as well in battle it did wind all 2 instead of the usually one and I looked in the Battle core plug-in and it was even the wrong number that was being not the number that was in the battle core, What could be causing these strange issues? Oh and I have the latest updates for both plug-ins. But I was working on the project prior to 1.1 update and then I did what they said to do in the actual patch notes to get the project in the updated vers and that is when I started to have these issues.

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Checked for error~~

And found out the error happens due to conflict with other plugins

please ignore this message.

sorry for trouble

THANKS~~

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score

I've stated before that optimize is not of high priority right now. And for what it matters, the likelihood of people finding the optimize features "something they'd complain about" about in the "first game they have ever played" is highly unlikely. Complaints often mean they would have something to compare it to, not to mention that should you fear the optimize command being something that will jeopardize the playability of your game, you ought to A. reconsider method of approach with your game, B. remove the optimize command, or C. make a request over at the request forum seeing as this is something of high importance to you but low priority for me. The request forum is over here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/136-js-plugin-requests/ 

It's nice that you're still putting out these smaller plug-ins, but you really shouldn't push yourself after that health scare. I know we've discussed you choosing to stand by the community rather than working directly with the creators of the software, but still, I'm glad you're being more realistic about your plugins.

The bonus plugins don't take nearly as long as the featured plugins do to make. At most, it doesn't impact me being overworked to the degree where my health is jeopardized. It'd be the least I can do to get content out for your guys. :)

Hi guys,

I have a question here.

About YEP X limited skill use,

How do I increase the number of max use limit through normal eventing?

Thanks~~

Can't be done through normal eventing. You'll have to utilize Lunatic Mode if you want it to be dynamic.

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<Custom Show Eval>

if Variable 1 >= 20       <---------- Basically I want to make a character "Learn" skills by contantly use another skill to do that I want to hide the skill 

visible = true;                    with the use of an In   game variable that rises each time the character uses the previous skill. however as my Java-fu

else                                 is really like really poor I don't know how...

visible = false;

end

</Custom Show Eval>

Again thank you to all. :D

A little hep here if some one knows how to... :p

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
I have a question about Change Battle Equip...

As far as I can tell from my (very minor) testing of the plugin it doesn't seem to cost an action (At least not while using CTB) to change equipment. Is it possible to edit the action cost somewhere, and if so, how? If not that's fine too, but figured I'd ask before I start balancing stuff around instant equip changing.

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly, I know you do the bi(?)-weekly plugin voting; but I was just wondering if you had any intentions of porting over you're 'follow-up skills' from VX ACE.

Completely forgot about your request thread.

Is there a way I could make a pseudo version of that currently, with your plugins at hand? I'd like to make my characters do more than one action per turn (other than manipulating turns with your CTB system) when in combat.

radajin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like to report a bug, i have no idea where this problem would come from or even which plugin may be affecting it, so here is a screen shot of the plugins i have installed the state i'm attempting to use, and the enemy thats supposed to be immune to the stat.

When i use a weapon that is already created as a "fire" sword with the attack element Fire set in the data base, then my Fire immune enemy takes 0 damage. As it should,. 

Now when i try to add a state that changes the attack element to fire, and hit the exact same enemy, it does normal damage as if no element was applied, but if it's weak to said element, it enhances the damage as normal. Here are some examples i'm dealing with.

Fire immune enemy, Apply attack element fire to weapon through use of a skill to apply a state that changes attack element to fire. Damages fire immune enemy as if not using fire element.

Same fire immune enemy who takes double damage from Ice element., Apply attack element Ice to weapon, through use of a skill to apply a state that changes attack element to Ice,  does double damage to enemy as it should. da fuq?

There seems to be something broken with the enemy with the state rate Fire * 0%. This works for any element i try to make him immune to fire, lightning, physical. he is never immune to State applied attack element changes.

Trying to provide as much info as i can, if you need a demo of the game in a test enviroment i can but it's like a gig in size so its not something i can compress and put on this forum.

Like i said this doesn't affect weapons created inside the maker, just State applied weapon elements. So i think it might be something with the State plugins i have? maybe its the order i have them in? not sure whats going on but since i'm using mostly yanfly plugins i figured i might have stumbled on a bug with the states or maybe my own short comings makes me look like an imbecile. 

Also to note the actor is using just a joe shmoe sword that does physical damage (default i think?), nothing special about it, it has like 500 ATK on it to test the damage.

***Edit*** i just now noticed this was under the Change battle equip. I thought i was posting in a general bug forum cuz i clicked on the report a bug at the bottom of the plug-in page. it's still a problem though and it would actually pertain to this plug in in a small way lol, enemy immune to fire? switch to different weapon.

pluginsinstalled.png

Stateusedonactor.png

Fireimmuneenemy.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I rewatched your Dash Toggle video recently and have a question. You know those Heavy Boots? I'm trying to create the opposite of that (called Calandra's Soaring Sandals) with no success. I tried EnableDashing and ToggleDashing in both a Dash Boots Common Event AND the armor notetags... and I get nothing. I haven't clicked Disable Dashing in any of my maps. Clicking Always Dash in the Options menu would nullify the point of the boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

By far, the weirdest flex I've ever seen on the internet is "I don't have the attention span to read what you wrote, but I REALLY want the world to know I don't have that attention span!".
Why... the FACK... do I work in customer service?!?!
Excuse me while I go question allllll my life choices.
DamageEvil_6.png added!
index.php

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantangyl