[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Yanfly, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Are you absolutely sure?

[​IMG]

Because right now, it's working absolutely fine for me. What I want you to do is make a new empty project with nothing but just those two plugins, Damage Core and Critical Control, and replicate it. If you can do that, upload that new empty project online (do not deploy it) and link it to me. I'll take a look.

If you can't replicate it, that means you have another plugin conflicting with the critical calculation process.

2. Marston

Marston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Okay, it was indeed another one. This one, to be precise. Which sucks, because I need this. xD

Or do you have a plugin that allows me to add a fixed amount of damage to something like poison? MV nomally only allows for % of Health Regeneration, not fixed amount.

3. ArkDG

ArkDG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    portuguese
    Hi Yanfly. About the Message Core Plugin, I loved it.

But I think that there is a good function to add into it. Is there a way to append messages to the "same box", in a way that when you need more lines the text will just scroll (without moving the facesets) down continuing the message (without needing you to press X or "closing and opeenning" a new box :p )?

I used it in rmvxa with the Modern Algebra's Message Options VXA.  (and used an addon for the faces to not move)

Modern Algebra's script: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=46770.0

EDIT::::::

Ah! I nearly forgot!
    I know the text wraping split the long texts and unify the splited (breaked in lines?) ones... But when there is this second case, the one of the break lines in the editor, the unfied text line comes withous spaces between the last word from line X and the first word of line Y....

like:

Original text:

Hello World, here I am
    to conquer you!

With Warping

Hello World, here I amto conquer you!

Is there a way to correct this?

OR

Box 1 
    Hello
    World!

Box2
    Here
    I am!

Expected Result: Hello World! Here I am!

Wraping Result: 

HelloWorld! <close box, open another> HereI am!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  4. Jeffafa

Jeffafa Multi-colored Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi again! Sorry to be a bother, I just realize that a lot has been said and asked between now and then so it was probably buried underneath all that haha. I was just curious if you had any plans to add functionality for Preemptive Strikes and Surprise Attacks to the ATB plugin?

5. gokuby

gokuby Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is it possible to deactivate this "new" mechanic?

Also, since the update (18-21), just updated from 17, my damage formula isn't working properly anymore:

Code:
    <damage formula>if (a.isEnemy()) {   value = a.atk - b.def;} else {  var weapon = a.equips()[0]  if (!weapon) {    value = a.atk - b.def;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 1) {    value = a.atk * 0.8 - b.def;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 3) {    value = a.atk - b.def * 0.75;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 5) {    value = a.atk * 0.5 + a.agi * 0.5 - b.def * 1.2;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 7) {    value = a.atk * 1.1 - b.def;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 8) {    value = a.atk - b.def * 0.5;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 9) {    value = a.atk + a.mat - b.def - b.mdf;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 12) {    value = a.atk * 1.1 - b.def * 0.9;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 13) {    value = a.atk * 0.9 - b.def * 0.8;  } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 14) {    value = a.atk + a.mat * 0.75 - b.mdf;  } else {    value = a.atk - b.def;  }}</damage formula>

6. RyanBram

RyanBram Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dear, Yanfly.

About your Core_Engine. May I ask you to make the screen scaling feature also supporting automatic window border and font scaling? I tried to use the old scale 640x480 and some position become misplaced because the font stay same as default and window border looks bigger (the window still adjusting its size, but its border looks bigger).

I understand the drawbacks in using small resolution like 640x480, but I have my following reasons:

1. Space saving, I can rescale my asset into smaller size and reducing its filesize;
    2. Bandwidth saving, using original asset for online games seems not a good idea as it takes a lot of time and bandwidth to load;
    3. Power saving, especially for mobile deployment I need to make sure my game run smoothly by downscaling its size.
    Thank you for your attention.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
  7. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Job Points

Features and How to Use

This plugin by itself will not change any major game functions, but instead, it works in combination with other plugins that make use of this plugin's functions should you decide to incorporate Job Points into your game.

Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/13/yep-27-job-points/

Instructions

Introduction

This plugin by itself will not change any major game functions, but instead, it works in combination with other plugins that make use of this plugin’s functions should you decide to incorporate Job Points into your game.

When Job Points are earned, they are given to the actor’s current class. If the actor were to switch classes, then the Job Points will be changed to that class’s Job Points until reverted back.

Victory Aftermath Compatibility

If you have the YEP_VictoryAftermath plugin installed and wish to make use of the JP windows, position this plugin lower than YEP_VictoryAftermath in the Plugin Manager.

After that, if you wish to define the timing of the JP window to appear at a certain point instead of the plugin doing it automatically, insert “JP” in the “Victory Order” parameter within Victory Aftermath where you want the JP window to appear.

Notetags

Here are some notetags related to Job Points.

Actor Notetags

<Starting JP: x>

Sets the actor’s starting JP value to be x for the actor’s initial class.

<Class x Starting JP: y>

Sets the actor’s starting JP value for class x to be y.

<JP Rate: x%>

This changes the rate of JP gained by x%. By default, all objects have a default rate of 100%. Increasing this to 200% will increase JP gained by twice as much while 50% will halve the amount of JP gained.

Skill and Item Notetags

<JP Gain: x>

This makes it so that the actor using this skill or item will gain x amount of JP instead of the default amount of JP found in the parameters.

<Target JP Gain: x>

This makes it so that the target actor affected by this skill or item will gain x amount of JP.

Class, Weapon, Armor, and State Notetag

<JP Rate: x%>

This changes the rate of JP gained by x%. By default, all objects have a default rate of 100%. Increasing this to 200% will increase JP gained by twice as much while 50% will halve the amount of JP gained.

Enemy Notetag

<JP: x>

When the enemy is defeated, the party members present will gain x JP each.

Plugin Commands

For those wondering how to manually give, remove, or set JP for an actor, you can use the following Plugin Commands.

Plugin Commands:

gainJp actorId jp

gainJp actorId jp classId

Replace ‘actorId’ with the ID of the actor you wish to change the JP of. Replace ‘jp’ with the amount of JP you wish to alter. If you are using ‘classId’, replace it with the ID of the actor’s class you wish to alter. This command will let the actor gain JP.

loseJp actorId jp

loseJp actorId jp classId

Replace ‘actorId’ with the ID of the actor you wish to change the JP of. Replace ‘jp’ with the amount of JP you wish to alter. If you are using ‘classId’, replace it with the ID of the actor’s class you wish to alter. This command will cause the actor to lose JP.

setJp actorId jp

setJp actorId jp classId

Replace ‘actorId’ with the ID of the actor you wish to change the JP of. Replace ‘jp’ with the amount of JP you wish to alter. If you are using ‘classId’, replace it with the ID of the actor’s class you wish to alter. This command will set the actor’s JP to a particular value.

Add Ons

• Fox’s JP Levels – This Plugin adds levels to the Yanfly’s JobPoint System, like Final Fantasy Tactics had. It allows for restrictions on what skills your allowed to buy with the SkillLearnSystem based on the current classes’ Job Level. It allows for restrictions on what class your allowed to equip with the ClassChangeCore based on the current classes’ Job Level. The Job automatically gains levels just by gaining JobPoints.
    • MuteDay's Job Point Extension - This plugin adds extended functionality to Job Points, by allowing trickle mechanics and how much subclasses gain while gaining JP for the primary class.
    • MuteDay's Job Mastery - if you have learned all learnable skills for a job it gets marked as mastered and if you have Fox's addon it will visibly show that on the menu.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  8. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

I'll be adding it in eventually.

No, you can't disable it. However, if it's something considered bothersome, change the state removal conditions from Action End to Turn End. Otherwise, there's literally no distinction between the two conditions.

The damage formula calculation method for the update has not changed at all. Create a new empty project, copy the Damage Core plugin over there along with the damage formula you've used. If it works there, most likely another plugin is conflicting with it.

1. Scaling an asset smaller does not reduce filesize. Window skins used remain the same filesize regardless if you are using a 4k resolution or a 320x240 resolution.

2. See number 1.

3. See number 1.

RyanBram and Jeffafa like this.
  9. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    why is it with the menu manger, adding new menu items  places them them above items. Do we have or is there a way in our own scripts, that we should or could have it so theres custom positioning?

10. Marston

Marston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Is there a way in the ItemCore plugin to completely remove items from the limit? So, when you say a maximum of 100 items is allowed, certain items do not count towards this max number (key items requiered for story progression for example). Or if that is currently not possible, could you add something like this in the future?

11. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for providing this. I wonder if anybody knows a way to make it so that I can gain more JP at a certain level. Say that from every four levels, I want to get one more point of JP (using small numbers as in Etrian Odyssey.) Would anybody happen to know the formula for that?

12. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Spellcraftquill: I did this in ACE by editing the JP script where it awards points at level up. I think you'll have to do something similar here.

13. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I don't have the JP Victory Aftermath enabled, so I'll be able to do it using Tsukihime's level up common events plugin. I just need to know how to find a multiple of a certain number in a variable.

14. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Adding new menu commands may or may not place them above "Items". "Items" within the Main Main Manager plugin is located in slot 10. If you place a new command in slots 1 through 9, it will appear above slot 10, which is "Items". If you want to place it below "Items", find a slot below slot 10 and place it there.

The Item Carry Limit only exists to prevent players from buying more than that amount. Any items gained through battle, events, unequipping, etc. aren't impaired by it. The only reason the Item Carry Limit exists is to prevent the player from crashing the game by him or herself by purchasing an absurd number of items, which would bloat the save file, which would cause heavier load times, which depending on the strength of the player's computer, may not even be able to load the game anymore due to a crash. While the required number to do such a thing is high, the limit is imposed just because we want to avoid such a thing.

The gained JP at level up is an eval. Depending on how you structure your formula, you can have more JP earned.

15. gokuby

gokuby Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Isn't working with YEP_DamageCore V1.01, luckily I had a backup, everything works as indended with DamageCore V1.00!

This happens in an empty project(with just necessary plugins installed), as well as my project.

16. NakedGrif

NakedGrif Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Not gonna lie, I was having a terrible day, then I log in and see this new plugin and it made it soooo much better.

Yanfly likes this.
  17. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

What do you mean by necessary plugins? Can you list them?

Can you upload that empty project for me? Don't deploy it. I'll take a look at it.

18. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Nice lugin of JP ... but there is a plugin of "Skill Learning System" ???

19. gokuby

gokuby Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    just your plugins, which are required to use the Damage Core plugin to the full extent:

YEP_CoreEngine(v1.06)

YEP_BattleEngineCore(v1.14)

YEP_DamageCore(v1.01)

Notetag:

<damage formula> var weapon = a.equips()[0] if (!weapon) { value = a.atk - b.def; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 1) { value = a.atk * 0.8 - b.def; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 3) { value = a.atk - b.def * 0.75; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 5) { value = a.atk * 0.5 + a.agi * 0.5 - b.def * 1.2; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 7) { value = a.atk * 1.1 - b.def; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 8) { value = a.atk - b.def * 0.5; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 9) { value = a.atk + a.mat - b.def - b.mdf; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 12) { value = a.atk * 1.1 - b.def * 0.9; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 13) { value = a.atk * 0.9 - b.def * 0.8; } else if (weapon.wtypeId === 14) { value = a.atk + a.mat * 0.75 - b.mdf; } else { value = a.atk - b.def; }}</damage formula> 
    Uploading will take a while^^

20. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Why do you have that extra } at the end?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.